"Food, facilities, staff and giant beds. Perfect."
Oysters and Wild Boar steaks to die for. Breakfast lovely. Pools and spa fantastic. Helpful staff. Massive superb bed. Easy to find and a nice, cheap train ride to Barcelona. Going back for a week next Year.
Big Graham from Leicester UK
Situated in a rural location, this spa hotel is in the same area as The Constable's House, Granollers Town Hall, and La …More
"Nice hotel close to music festival we were attendi"
Overall we had a great experience although there were a few minor issues, i would like to mention
1. having to pay €12 a day for wifi in your room in this day and age is a little expensive if you ask me a hotel of its callibre should really include this for free (or at least in the room cost)
2. No tea/coffee facilities in room, ok was available via room service but after paying a tray charge this would have been over €5 for a cup of tea!
3. Mini bar prices were cheaper than the hotel bar, not a bad thing really, but you would normally expect this to be the opposite
4. Water from mini bar is generally free in many hotels in my experience, however not at this one.
5. Breakfast was great, however on day of checkout we were in a rush to get to the airport and grabbed only a bottle of water and a couple of cereal bars to keep us going....however when we tried to leave restaurant we were told we could not leave with them - after paying €12 each for breakfast (usually €24 i believe!) I think this was a bit unfair to be honest - especially when we saw others with breakfast items in the lobby (which I assume had been sneaked out of the restaurant).
Paul from Scotland
High-rise modern property located in the business and fair trade district of Barcelona, 500 metres from the beach.More
Love this hotel. I have nothing bad to say about it. Clean, friendly & helpful staff, great food. We he ought we would be closer to Barcelona, but it's about 30 minutes away by train. No biggie though. We had booked this particular hotel to meet up with family who was also staying there whom we hadn't seen in years who actually live in another country from us. We had our toddler with us and he enjoyed the facility as well.
Eleanor from New York
Situated in Granollers, this spa hotel is close to La Roca Village, The Constable's House, and La Porxada. Also nearby are …More
Lovely large rooms with nice bathroom,extra large bed and plenty of storage room. Our room was on the same floor as the roof top pool but even so room was quiet with good black out blinds so sun did not disturb you early morning. Air condition was not particularly noisy so able to get a good nights sleep. We used both the bath and the shower and always had really hot water. Room was kept spotless and tioletries topped up when used immediately. We asked for a kettle in the room which cost 2.50 euros for the whole stay (3 nights) and definitely worth it, again topped up supplies daily. Breakfast was 12 euros each, buffet style and again excellent quality and choice of hot and cold foods. We used the restaurant once during our stay and chose the set 3 course menu at 24 euros per person - this was excellent value for money and food and service was impeccable, even had 1/2 bottles of wine which was perfect for me as my husband does not drink wine and again this was very reasonably priced. We expected prices in the restaurant and bars to be much more expensive given this is a 4* hotel.
Room cleanliness only scored 4 out of 5 as there was a funnt smell on entering the room (once in you did not notice this so I think it was the cleaning products used) otherwise it would have been a clean sweep top score.
Another plus is that you could actually open the windows and enjoy the fresh warm air. We really enjoyed our stay and would like to thank all members of staff for this.
Mrsmeggy from Yorkshire
This spa hotel is located in Barcelona (Sant Marti), close to the beach, Barcelona Zoo, Nova Icaria Beach, and Port Olimpic …More
Lovely friendly hotel, tastefully decorated with good amenities. We stayed in La Terrassa to be close to an event we were attended. The hotel served us well and we were well taken care of. Hotel close to amenities, shops and most importantly the S1 train into Barcelona city.
Don Cándido hotel is the best accommodation option in Barcelona surroundings: because of its infrastructure, with 110 rooms, …More
The Hotel had a very impressive appearence unfortunatley the receptionists were not very friendly or informative I had to drag out of them directions to our room, breakfast times and facilites around the hotel etc. Once we had found our room it was very clean, modern and welcoming, The Bathroom was the best facility walk in shower and Jacuzzi bath. The Breakfast in the hotel was lovely and had a very varied variety of food - the staff were very attentive and cleared away the plates once finished with. The Hotel was about a 5 minute walk to the underground station then a 10 minute ride to the hub of the City.
Carina from Eastleigh
The Catalonia Suite, fully renovated in 2002, is located in upper Barcelona,near the Science Museum and prestigious medical …More