Please enter your travel dates.
Standard Room, 1 Queen Bed, Non Smoking
- One Queen Bed
Standard Room, 1 King Bed
- One King Bed
Standard Room, 2 Queen Beds, Non Smoking
- Two Queen Beds
Standard Room, 1 King Bed, Non Smoking
- One King Bed
Downtown Albany's ONLY Full Service Boutique Hotel
74 State Hotel is located on historic State Street - just steps from the Capitol Building and Times Union Center. 74 State is conveniently minutes from the Amtrak Station and Albany International Airport.
Sip. Savor. Relax.
Savor farm-to-table fresh dining at our restaurant, Marché. Elevate your spirit while you enjoy the view at our Bistro/Bar at 74 on the second floor. Luxury and style meet here - Live Jazz every Saturday.
Historic Boutique Hotel
74 State was constructed in 1910 as an office building. Fully restored in 2006, the former Kinney and Woodward Building is now an upscale hotel featuring lodging, conference and dining facilities.
74 State Hotel Our hotel is located in Albany’s historic State Street District. We’re a a short walk from the state capitol building, and a diverse array of entertainment options. All of our 74 luxury rooms and suites have the art of relaxation in mind. Each room features complimentary high-speed and Wi-Fi Internet service. Relax with the feel of crisp bed linens and feather light comforters on your Eurotop bed. Bathrooms are well-appointed with deep-soaking whirlpool tubs and reclaimed granite-topped vanities, cozy robes and local Saratoga Spring water. Within blocks of: State Capitol Building, Empire State Plaza, The Egg, New York State Museum, Federal Courthouse, Palace Theatre,Times Union Center. A short drive from:Albany International Airport, Amtrak Train Station, Saratoga thoroughbreds and performing arts, Tanglewood, the Berkshires, Cooperstown, the Catskills, Adirondack and Hudson Valley regions, NYC (140 miles), Boston (180 miles), Montreal (220 Miles), Buffalo (280 miles)
- Conference center
- Computer station
- Wedding services
- Event catering
- Business services
- 24-hour fitness facilities
- 24-hour front desk
- Air-conditioned public areas
- Total number of rooms - 74
- Number of floors - 9
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Complimentary newspapers in lobby
- Multiple small meeting rooms
- Audiovisual equipment
- Parking (surcharge)
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Banquet facilities
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Coffee/tea in lobby
- Multiple large conference rooms
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Exhibit space
- Free Wi-Fi
- Free wired high-speed Internet
- Secure parking
- Parking garage
- Parking nearby (surcharge)
- Parking nearby
- Year Built 1910
- 24-hour business center
- Number of meeting/conference rooms - 6
- Smoke-free property (fines apply)
- Smoke-free property
Available in all rooms: Free Wi-Fi, Free wired high-speed Internet
Available in some public areas: Free Wi-Fi, Free wired high-speed Internet
Parking (surcharge), Secure parking, Valet parking (surcharge), Parking garage, Parking nearby, Parking nearby (surcharge)
- Room Amenities
- In-room safe (laptop compatible)
- Connecting / adjoining rooms available
- iPod docking station
- Cribs/infant beds (complimentary)
- Complimentary newspaper
- DVD player
- Air conditioning
- Premium TV channels
- Coffee/tea maker
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Premium bedding
- Climate control
- Direct-dial phone
- Hair dryer
- Iron/ironing board
- Complimentary bottled water
- Daily housekeeping
- Private bathroom
- Designer toiletries
- Shower/tub combination
- Makeup/shaving mirror
- In-room massage available
- Sewing kit
- Complimentary toiletries
- Voice mail
- Wake-up calls
- Clock radio
- Electronic/magnetic keys
- Rollaway/extra beds available
- Cordless phone
- Cable TV service
- Flat-panel TV
- Free Wi-Fi
- Free wired high-speed Internet
- Egyptian-cotton sheets
- Individually furnished
- Individually decorated
- Pillowtop mattress
Marché Marché takes a fresh, fun approach to fine dining. Our menu combines Contemporary American Cuisine using classic techniques designed to tantalize and delight the senses. Whether its breakfast, brunch, lunch or dinner, you’ll find dining at Marché a truly delectable experience. We work with local farmers who supply us with fresh seasonal products. We believe that a remarkable meal begins with great ingredients. Our award-winning wine list compliments your meal. The result is a culinary dining experience to be savored.
Bistro/Bar at 74:The Bistro/Bar at 74 is located on the second floor of Downtown Albany’s only boutique hotel. It features stunning floor-to-ceiling windows overlooking historic State Street. Lunch and light fare menus are served daily from 11 a.m. to 11 p.m. Jazz is American! And 74 State is an historic boutique hotel that celebrates the American Art, with Live Jazz performances every Saturday night in the Bistro/Bar at 74. Let us elevate your spirit!Nearby Dining: Marché and Bistro/Bar 74
Nearby Attractions: Live Entertainment at the Bistro/Bar at 74, State Capitol Building, Federal Courthouse, Times Union Center, Palace Theatre, Capital Repertory Theatre, Empire State Plaza and The Egg, Executive Mansion, New York State Museum, South Pearl Street, Lark Street, Hudson River
Nearby Businesses: State Capitol Building, Federal Courthouse, Albany Medical Center, Albany Law School, Albany College of Pharmacy, State University at Albany, College of Saint Rose, Siena College, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, Bank of America, Center for Economic Growth
- Boat tours nearby
- Boat cruises nearby
- Game viewing nearby
To make requests for specific accessibility needs, complete the “Special or Accessibility Requests" section of “Trip Preferences" when you book your hotel.
- Accessibility equipment for the deaf
- Accessible bathroom
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible parking
- In-room accessibility
- Roll-in shower
Policies & Fees
Minimum check-in age is 21
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Check-out time is 11 AM
- Payment types
Accepted at this hotel: JCB International, MasterCard, Visa, American Express, Discover
Pets not allowed
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
- Minimum Spring Break check-in age is 21 years old.
- The name on the credit card used at check-in to pay for incidentals must be the primary name on the guestroom reservation.
Early departure fee charged
Caters to couples
Caters to groups
Noise-free rooms not guaranteed
- The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
- Breakfast fee: between USD 4 and USD 12 per person (approximately)
- Rollaway bed fee: USD 10 per night
- Additional Details
Children 12 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding. Only registered guests are allowed in the guestrooms. The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation.
Awards & Affiliations
- A Green / Sustainable Property - Third Party CertifiedThis property participates in Audubon Green Leaf Eco-Rating Program, a third-party certification program that has been independently certified. Third-party certification measures the property's impact on one or more of the following: environment, community, cultural-heritage, the local economy. An objective assessment of a company's sustainable tourism practices has been performed at this property by an auditor who is independent of the third-party certification program.