Availability: Amsterdam American Hotel - Hampshire Eden
Classic RoomMax Occupancy: 2 guests (up to 1 child, 1 infant)
Deluxe RoomMax Occupancy: 2 guests (up to 1 child, 1 infant)
Junior Suite, 1 King BedMax Occupancy: 2 guests (up to 1 child, 1 infant)
Historic Art Nouveau hotel on bustling Leidseplein
The Amsterdam American Hotel - Hampshire Eden was built in 1900 and is officially listed as a monument. This hotel combines an elegant Art-Deco heritage with modern facilities and Roaring-Twenties ambience.
Guests can enjoy international cuisine at Bar Americain. During the summer there is a terrace overlooking the street and the beautiful fountain in front of the hotel. The bar serves delicious cocktails and high tea in the afternoon.
Guestrooms feature free wired and wireless Internet, televisions with satellite channels, and down comforters; Art Deco-style bathrooms provide shower/tub combinations, bathrobes and complimentary toiletries.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!
Amsterdam American Hotel - Hampshire Eden Amenities
Guests of the Amsterdam American Hotel - Hampshire Eden can start the day with a buffet breakfast in the Art Deco surrounds of the Cafe Americain restaurant. The restaurant also offers afternoon high tea.
An Internet corner is available in a lounge area above the lobby, which also offers regularly changing art exhibitions. For those on business, there are five function rooms, audiovisual equipment, and complimentary wired and wireless Internet access. High-speed Wi-Fi is also available for an additional charge.
The basement of the hotel houses a health club with exercise machines and sauna. Alternatively, guests can relax with a drink in the hotel's lively, blues-themed bar that opens onto the street.
- Wireless Internet access - surcharge
- Free wired high-speed Internet
- 24-hour front desk
- Total number of rooms - 175
- Number of floors - 6
- Year Built 1902
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Business center
- Coffee shop or café
- Complimentary newspapers in lobby
- Concierge services
- Conference space
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Gift shops or newsstand
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Luggage storage
- Laundry facilities
- Meeting rooms
- Multilingual staff
- Babysitting or childcare
- Room service (24 hours)
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Conference space size (meters) - 467
- Conference space size (feet) - 5027
- Smoke-free property
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
- Wedding services
- Health club
- Number of meeting rooms - 5
Available in all rooms: Free Wi-Fi
Available in some public areas: Wireless Internet access - surcharge , Free wired high-speed Internet
- Room Amenities
- Free Wi-Fi
- Pay movies
- Coffee/tea maker
- Hair dryer
- Iron/ironing board
- Climate control
- Premium TV channels
- Daily housekeeping
- Shower/tub combination
- Satellite TV service
- In-room safe
- Cribs/infant beds available
- Premium bedding
- Air conditioning
- Complimentary newspaper
- In-room massage available
- Turndown service
- Designer toiletries
- Private bathroom
- Down comforter
- Individually decorated
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- LCD TV
Café Americain - Striking café restaurant celebrates the hotel's early 20th century spirit with a lofty vaulted ceiling and original Art Deco touches such as Tiffany lamps and stained-glass windows. Murals depict scenes from Shakespeare's A Midsummer Night's Dream. Large windows overlook the square, and a summer terrace can be enjoyed during warm spells. Enjoy a range of dishes from around the world, a buffet breakfast and jazz brunches on Sundays accompanied by live music. The café also serves afternoon high tea with sandwiches and sweets including cookies, crème brûlée and chocolate fondue. (Reservations required.)
Bar Americain - Enjoy drinks and cocktails accompanied by views across the lively Leidseplein square. Entrance from street. Open terrace in summer months. Also serves appetisers and bar meals; traditional Dutch borrelhapjes snacks are a specialty.
For guests wanting to experience Amsterdam from its waterways, the hotel has its own landing stage on the Leidsecanal where canal boat tours operate.
Fitness facilities are available in the hotel. The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Scooter/moped rentals nearby
- Bicycle rentals on site
- Boat tours nearby
To make requests for specific accessibility needs, complete the “Special or Accessibility Requests" section of “Trip Preferences" when you book your hotel.
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible bathroom
- Roll-in shower
- In-room accessibility
Amsterdam American Hotel - Hampshire Eden Policies & Fees
Minimum check-in age is 18
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Check-out time is Noon
- Payment types
Accepted at this hotel: Diners Club, JCB International, MasterCard, Visa, American Express
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
Special cancellation policies or charges may apply for group reservations (more than 8 rooms for the same hotel / stay dates).
- Unless otherwise indicated, the charges below are not included in the overall room price. If not included in the overall room price, they will be charged by the property at check-in or check-out. Charges can vary, for example, based on length of stay or the room you book. This property told us they will charge you for the following:
We have included all charges provided to us by the property. However, charges can vary, for example, based on length of stay or the room you book.The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- A 5.5 percent city/local tax will be charged
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
- Breakfast fee: EUR 19.50 per person (approximately)
- Deposit: EUR 90.00 per day
- Rollaway bed fee: EUR 35 per night
- Additional Details
Children 11 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding.
Awards & Affiliations
- A Green / Sustainable Property - Third Party CertifiedThis property participates in Milieubarometer (Green Key), a third-party certification program that has been independently certified. Third-party certification measures the property's impact on one or more of the following: environment, community, cultural-heritage, the local economy. An objective assessment of a company's sustainable tourism practices has been performed at this property by an auditor who is independent of the third-party certification program.
- The property is a member of Historic Hotels of Europe.