Book your room at Die Port van Cleve Hotel
Amsterdam historic hotel near Nieuwe Kerk
By Magna Plaza
Centrally located in Amsterdam's shopping and business district behind the Dam Square and Royal Palace, next to the Magna Plaza shopping mall.
Opened in 1870, Die Port van Cleve Hotel is set in the former Heineken brewery has a stylish brasserie serving buffet breakfast, lunch, and dinner, and a historic bar.
The 6-story hotel has 122 rooms with small sitting areas, complimentary wireless Internet access, and laptop-sized in-room safes.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!
Die Port van Cleve Hotel has a brasserie, a bar, 5 meeting rooms, and complimentary wireless Internet access. Guest services include currency exchange, concierge desk, 24-hour reception, dry cleaning, and front desk safe deposit box.
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Airport transportation (surcharge)
- Total number of rooms - 122
- 24-hour front desk
- Number of floors - 6
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Concierge services
- Free WiFi
- Airport transportation
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Laundry facilities
- Meeting rooms
- Multilingual staff
- Luggage storage
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Year Built 1870
- Number of meeting rooms - 5
- Smoke-free property
- Number of buildings/towers - 4
- Wedding services
Family Friendly Amenities
- Free Wi-Fi
- Laundry facilities
Available in all rooms: Free WiFi
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi
- Shower/tub combination
- Hair dryer
- Climate control
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- Coffee/tea maker
- Private bathroom
- Free toiletries
- Daily housekeeping
- Iron/ironing board (on request)
- In-room safe (laptop compatible)
- Cable TV service
- Flat-panel TV
- Free WiFi
- Room service (24 hours)
- Connecting/adjoining rooms available
- Cribs/infant beds (surcharge)
- Rollaway/extra beds (surcharge)
Where to Eat
Maximiliaan - This classic brasserie offers a unique combination of contemporary modern style, history and tradition. A place to enjoy the classic brasserie dishes with a modern twist. A buffet breakfast is served 7 AM-10:30 AM, plus daily lunch and dinner.
Bodega De Blauwe Parade - This historic Dutch bar open since 1870 has wooden booths, stained glass windows, and genuine Delft tiles along the walls. The bar features Dutch liqueur tasting and storytelling of the bar's history.
Nearby Things to Do
Guests can explore Amsterdam by foot, tram, bus, taxi, or canal boat. Bicycle rentals are available throughout the city for riding the bike-path (fietpads) network that crisscrosses the country. Vondelpark, two blocks from Leidse Square and Museum Square, is popular for jogging, walking, cycling, and roller skating.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Scooter/moped rentals nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Bicycle rentals nearby
Minimum check-in age is 18
Check-in time starts at 2 PM
Check-out time is noon
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Kids stay free! Children under 11 years old stay free when using existing bedding.
- Rollaway/extra beds are available for EUR 50 per day.
- Cribs (infant beds) are available for EUR 20 per night.
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
- No onsite parking is available. Special cancellation policies or charges may apply for group reservations (more than 8 rooms for the same hotel / stay dates).
- A 5 percent city/local tax will be charged
- Fee for buffet breakfast: EUR 19.50 per person (approximately)
- Airport shuttle fee: EUR 26 per person (roundtrip)
- Late check-out fee: EUR 50
- Deposit: EUR 60 per night
- Crib (infant bed) fee: EUR 20 per night
- Rollaway bed fee: EUR 50 per day
- Die Port Van Cleve Amsterdam
- Cleve Hotel Amsterdam
- Die Port Van Cleve
We should mention
Children 11 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding. The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation.
This hotel has received its official star rating from the Netherlands Tourist Board.