Please enter your travel dates.
Standard Room, 1 Double or 2 Single Beds
Superior Room, 1 Double or 2 Single Beds
Centrally located Amsterdam hotel steps from Dam Square
Gateway to Amsterdam
This centrally located hotel connected to a shopping center overlooks the Singel Canal and is a brief walk to bustling Dam Square and yet close to the major sites of The Royal Palace, Flower Market and Anne Frank House.
Restaurant with a past
The hotel’s restaurant d'Vijff Vlieghen occupies five 17th century buildings with eight unique rooms. The restaurant combines classic Dutch recipes with organic produce to create an exciting new realm of cuisine.
Flat-panel TVs, free Wi-Fi
Facing the city or canal, guestrooms include free WiFi, premium bedding, flat-panel TVs, coffee/tea makers, and refrigerators. Bathrooms come with hair dryers and showers.
The hotel's Restaurant d'Vijff Vlieghen showcases New Dutch cuisine. The 8 dining rooms are located in handsomely restored 17th-century buildings. A breakfast buffet (surcharge) is served in the breakfast room. The glass-roofed Winter Garden provides views of the lively street scene. The lobby lounge faces Singel Canal. Canal rides (surcharge) depart from the hotel's private dock. NH City Centre Amsterdam also offers bicycle rentals.
Hotel amenities include high-speed wireless Internet access in the lobby. There is a business center with one meeting/conference room with audiovisual equipment. The 24-hour front desk staff is multilingual and can assist with tour/ticket help. There is a concierge desk and currency exchange, laundry/dry cleaning services and a safe-deposit box. An airport shuttle is available for a surcharge on scheduled times with advance notice. Garage parking (surcharge).
- Complimentary newspapers in lobby
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Business center
- Audiovisual equipment
- 24-hour front desk
- Number of floors - 6
- Currency exchange
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Total number of rooms - 209
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Laundry facilities
- One meeting/conference room
- Multilingual staff
- Self parking (surcharge)
- Luggage storage
- Room service
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Garage parking (surcharge)
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
- Airport transportation (surcharge)
- Tour assistance
- Concierge services
Available in all rooms: Free Wi-Fi
Self parking (surcharge), Garage parking (surcharge)
- Room Amenities
- Pay movies
- Premium bedding
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- Direct-dial phone
- Coffee/tea maker
- Wake-up calls
- Complimentary toiletries
- Hair dryer
- Extra towels/bedding in room
- Handheld showerhead
- Makeup/shaving mirror
- Bathtub or shower
- Clock radio
- Window opens
- Iron/ironing board
- In-room safe
- Rollaway/extra beds available
- Cribs/infant beds available
- Free Wi-Fi
- Daily housekeeping
- Pillow menu
- Cable TV service
- Flat-panel TV
Breakfast Buffet - A breakfast buffet (surcharge) is served daily in the breakfast room.
d'Vijff Vlieghen - The Restaurant combines traditional Dutch cuisine with sustainable and flavorful organic produce. It spans five historic 17th-century buildings and has various rooms, each of which has its own unique character. Guests will be impressed by the beautiful Delft Blue tiles dating back to the 17th, 18th and 19th centuries, decorating most of the rooms. Open for lunch and dinner.
Gerzonis - At the bar, guests can supplement a fresh and inspired meal with a cocktail or glass of wine from the bar's vast selection. Open during the evening.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or nearby; fees may apply.
- Swimming nearby
- Aerobics nearby
- Yoga classes/instruction nearby
- Scooter/moped rentals nearby
- Bicycle rentals on site
- Boat launch on site
To make requests for specific accessibility needs, complete the “Special or Accessibility Requests" section of “Trip Preferences" when you book your hotel.
- Accessible bathroom
- Accessible path of travel
- In-room accessibility
- Roll-in shower
Policies & Fees
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Check-out time is noon
- Payment types
Accepted at this hotel: American Express, Diners Club, MasterCard, Visa
Pets allowed, Maximum number of pets per room 1
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
Special cancellation policies or charges may apply for group reservations (more than 8 rooms for the same hotel / stay dates).
- Unless otherwise indicated, the charges below are not included in the overall room price. If not included in the overall room price, they will be charged by the property at check-in or check-out. Charges can vary, for example, based on length of stay or the room you book. This property told us they will charge you for the following:
We have included all charges provided to us by the property. However, charges can vary, for example, based on length of stay or the room you book.The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- A 5.5 percent city/local tax will be charged
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
- Breakfast fee: EUR 20 per person (approximately)
- Self parking fee: EUR 40 per day (in/out privileges)
- Additional Details
This property offers transfers from the airport (surcharges may apply). Guests must contact the property with arrival details before travel, using the contact information on the booking confirmation. Children 11 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding. Guests can arrange to bring pets by contacting the property directly, using the contact information on the booking confirmation.
Awards & Affiliations
- A Green / Sustainable Property - First Party CertifiedThis property has performed a self-assessment, also known as First Party certification, of its sustainable tourism practices through Green Key thus taking steps to understand its impact on one or more of the following: environment, community, cultural-heritage, the local economy. The property's claims have not been independently verified by a second or third party certification program.