Please enter your travel dates.
Superior Room, 1 Double or 2 Single Beds
Deluxe Room, 1 Double or 2 Single Beds
- One Double Bed
Standard Single Room, 1 Single Bed
- One Bed
Standard Room, 1 Double or 2 Single Beds
- 1 double
- 2 twin
The celebrated NH Doleen, Amsterdam’s oldest hotel in the city’s historic center.
Where history comes alive
Hotel NH Doelen, Amsterdam's first hotel, is located between Dam Square and Rembrandt Square in the heart of the historical centre. Several museums, the famous shopping streets, and cultural areas are nearby.
NH Doelen occupies a 17th-century landmark building, where Rembrandt is said to have painted his magnificent Night Watch. Breakfast (surcharge) is served in a sunny room overlooking the river.
TVs, Free Wi-Fi, pillow menu
The 85 guestrooms offer televisions, coffee/tea makers, and a choice of pillows. Wireless Internet access is available for a fee. Bathrooms come with hair dryers and makeup/shaving mirrors.
NH Doelen is on the Amstel River about a 5-minute walk from Rembrandt Square, a 20-minute walk from the Rijksmuseum, and a 25-minute walk from the Anne Frank House. The hotel is centrally located in Amsterdam, with public transportation options nearby.
A domed clock crowns the impressive red brick and stone hotel. The six-story atrium lobby is ringed by galleries. Over the years, the hotel has hosted such illustrious guests as Queen Victoria, the Beatles, and Elisabeth of Bavaria (Empress Sisi). Rembrandt purportedly painted his famous Night Watch on the hotel's third floor. The property was built in 1883.
The hotel’s breakfast room, with large windows overlooking the Amstel River, serves a daily buffet breakfast (surcharge). Complimentary wireless Internet access is available in the lobby. Boat tours (surcharge) depart from NH Doelen's private landing. The hotel also offers bicycle rentals, an airport shuttle (surcharge), cafe, gift shop, ATM, 861 square feet of meeting space, and supervised child care activities.
NH Doelen welcomes pets.
- Room service (limited hours)
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Multilingual staff
- 24-hour front desk
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Babysitting or childcare
- Total number of rooms - 85
- Number of floors - 5
- Coffee shop or café
- Complimentary newspapers in lobby
- Audiovisual equipment
- Luggage storage
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Meeting facilities size (meters) - 80
- Year Built 1883
- Meeting facilities size (feet) - 861
- Shopping on site
- Airport transportation (surcharge)
- Supervised childcare/activities
- Multiple large conference rooms
- Technology support staff
- Free Wi-Fi
- Medical assistance available
- Number of meeting/conference rooms - 3
- Wedding services
Available in all rooms: Free Wi-Fi
Available in some public areas: Free Wi-Fi
- Room Amenities
- Pay movies
- Complimentary newspaper
- Direct-dial phone
- Wake-up calls
- Complimentary toiletries
- Hair dryer
- Bathroom phone
- Makeup/shaving mirror
- In-room childcare (surcharge)
- Electronic/magnetic keys
- Iron/ironing board (on request)
- In-room safe
- Window opens
- Daily housekeeping
- Cribs/infant beds available
- Satellite TV service
- Free Wi-Fi
- Private bathroom
- Pillow menu
Breakfast is available for a surcharge. The hotel also offers room service during limited hours.
- Bicycle rentals nearby
- Boat launch on site
- Dock on site
Policies & Fees
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Check-out time is noon
- Payment types
Accepted at this hotel: American Express, Diners Club, MasterCard, Visa
Pets allowed, Pet policy - dogs and cats only, Maximum number of pets per room 1
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
- No onsite parking is available. Special cancellation policies or charges may apply for group reservations (more than 8 rooms for the same hotel / stay dates).
Noise-free rooms not guaranteed
- Unless otherwise indicated, the charges below are not included in the overall room price. If not included in the overall room price, they will be charged by the property at check-in or check-out. Charges can vary, for example, based on length of stay or the room you book. This property told us they will charge you for the following:
We have included all charges provided to us by the property. However, charges can vary, for example, based on length of stay or the room you book.The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- A 5.5 percent city/local tax will be charged
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
- Breakfast fee: EUR 20 per person (approximately)
- Airport shuttle fee: EUR 16 per person (one way)
- Valet parking fee: EUR 50 per day
- Pet fee: EUR 10 per pet
- Rollaway bed fee: EUR 45 per night
- Additional Details
Children 11 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding. Only registered guests are allowed in the guestrooms. Guests can arrange to bring pets by contacting the property directly, using the contact information on the booking confirmation (surcharges apply and can be found in the Fees section).
Awards & Affiliations
- A Green / Sustainable Property - Third Party CertifiedThis property participates in Milieubarometer (Green Key), a third-party certification program that has been independently certified. Third-party certification measures the property's impact on one or more of the following: environment, community, cultural-heritage, the local economy. An objective assessment of a company's sustainable tourism practices has been performed at this property by an auditor who is independent of the third-party certification program.