Book your room at NH Tropen
Please enter your travel dates.
Standard Room, 1 Double or 2 Single Beds
- One Double Bed
- One Queen Bed
Family-friendly hotel in Amsterdam (Plantage - Eastern Docklands) near Artis
This family-friendly hotel is located in Amsterdam (Plantage - Eastern Docklands), close to Oosterpark, Artis, and Dappermarkt. Also nearby are Tropenmuseum and Dutch Resistance Museum.
In addition to a restaurant, NH Tropen features a bar/lounge. Other amenities include complimentary wireless Internet access and 24-hour room service.
Televisions come with premium cable channels. Guestrooms also feature complimentary wireless Internet access, premium bedding, and laptop-compatible safes.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!
The hotel offers a restaurant. A bar/lounge is on site where guests can unwind with a drink. This 3-star property offers access to a technology helpdesk, secretarial services, and technology support staff.
High-speed wireless Internet access is complimentary. Event facilities measuring 1200 square feet (111 square meters) include conference/meeting rooms, small meeting rooms, and exhibit space. This family-friendly hotel also offers a terrace, tour/ticket assistance, and multilingual staff. For a surcharge, a roundtrip airport shuttle (available on request) is offered to guests.
NH Tropen is a smoke-free property.
- Free Wi-Fi
- Self parking (surcharge)
- Luggage storage
- Secure parking (surcharge)
- Currency exchange
- 24-hour front desk
- Airport transportation (surcharge)
- Total number of rooms - 80
- Number of floors - 10
- Audiovisual equipment
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Banquet facilities
- Complimentary newspapers in lobby
- Multiple large conference rooms
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Event catering
- Exhibit space
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Technology support staff
- Laundry facilities
- Multiple small meeting rooms
- Multilingual staff
- Picnic area
- Room service (24 hours)
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Year Built 1972
- Meeting facilities size (feet) - 1200
- Meeting facilities size (meters) - 111
- Number of meeting/conference rooms - 17
- Secretarial services
- Security guard
- Smoke-free property
- Smoke-free property (fines apply)
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
- Technology helpdesk
- Television in lobby
- Tour assistance
- Wedding services
Available in all rooms: Free Wi-Fi
Available in some public areas: Free Wi-Fi
Secure parking (surcharge), Self parking (surcharge)
- In the room
- Free Wi-Fi
- Premium TV channels
- Coffee/tea maker
- Hair dryer
- Premium bedding
- Complimentary newspaper
- Direct-dial phone
- Daily housekeeping
- Private bathroom
- Shower only
- Iron/ironing board (on request)
- Rollaway/extra beds available
- Cribs/infant beds available
- Cable TV service
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- In-room safe (laptop compatible)
- Pillow menu
- Eat and drink
Buffet breakfasts are available for a surcharge and are served each morning between 7 AM and 11 AM.
Brasserie Las Vistas - Overlooking the garden, this restaurant specializes in international cuisine and serves lunch and dinner. Guests can order drinks at the bar and enjoy alfresco dining (weather permitting).
24-hour room service is available.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or nearby; fees may apply.
- Golfing nearby
- Golf - driving range nearby
- Golf - miniature nearby
- Ice skating nearby
- Windsurfing nearby
- Motor boating nearby
- Surfing/boogie boarding nearby
- Dock nearby
- Rowing or canoeing nearby
- Sailing nearby
- Water skiing nearby
- Swimming nearby
- Racquetball/squash nearby
- Running track/path nearby
- Basketball nearby
- Tennis nearby
- Volleyball nearby
- Yoga classes/instruction nearby
- Mountain biking nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Bicycle rentals nearby
- Scooter/moped rentals nearby
- Fishing nearby
- Playground nearby
- Golf lessons available nearby
To make requests for specific accessibility needs, complete the “Special or Accessibility Requests" section of “Trip Preferences" when you book your hotel.
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible parking
The Fine Print for NH Tropen
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Check-out time is noon
- How you can pay
Accepted at this hotel: JCB International, American Express, Diners Club, MasterCard, Visa
- You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
Special cancellation policies or charges may apply for group reservations (more than 8 rooms for the same hotel / stay dates).
- Unless otherwise indicated, the charges below are not included in the overall room price. If not included in the overall room price, they will be charged by the property at check-in or check-out. Charges can vary, for example, based on length of stay or the room you book. This property told us they will charge you for the following:
We have included all charges provided to us by the property. However, charges can vary, for example, based on length of stay or the room you book.The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- A 5.5 percent city/local tax will be charged
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
- Breakfast fee: EUR 20 per person (approximately)
- Airport shuttle fee: EUR 16 per person (one way)
- Self parking fee: EUR 20 per day
- Deposit: EUR 50 per night
- Rollaway bed fee: EUR 45 per night
- We Should Mention
Children 11 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding. Only registered guests are allowed in the guestrooms.
Awards & Affiliations
- A Green / Sustainable Property - Third Party CertifiedThis property participates in Milieubarometer (Green Key), a third-party certification program that has been independently certified. Third-party certification measures the property's impact on one or more of the following: environment, community, cultural-heritage, the local economy. An objective assessment of a company's sustainable tourism practices has been performed at this property by an auditor who is independent of the third-party certification program.