Please enter your travel dates.
Classic Twin Room, 2 Single Beds
Luxury Room, 1 King Bed
Classic Double Room, 1 Queen Bed
Superior Room, 1 King Bed
Historic hotel close to the Royal Palace
Near Madame Tussauds
This hotel comprises three adjoining historic buildings in different but typically Dutch styles, and is set in the centre of Amsterdam, 500 metres from the Royal Palace and Madame Tussauds.
Guests can enjoy some relaxation time in the hotel's sauna and then head to the Orient Express-themed Duke of Windsor bar. Complimentary wireless Internet access is available.
The 148 guestrooms at The Convent Hotel Amsterdam are defined by light decor and contemporary furnishings; all include complimentary wireless Internet access and TV with satellite channels and pay movies.
The Convent Hotel Amsterdam houses its own sauna, and health-conscious guests benefit from discounted access to a local fitness center. The 78 square meters hotel's conference facilities include two meeting rooms that are equipped with audio-visual facilities and can accommodate up to 62 people. A range of office-support services are available in the business center and those with laptops can stay connected via complimentary high-speed wireless Internet accesss. Multilingual staff at the 24-hour front desk are on hand to book tours and offer advice on local sights and attractions. Other amenities include currency exchange and around-the-clock room service, and complimentary newspapers are available in the lobby. Off-site parking is available (surcharge).
- Air-conditioned public areas
- Total number of rooms - 148
- 24-hour front desk
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Audiovisual equipment
- Number of floors - 5
- Business center
- Complimentary newspapers in lobby
- Concierge services
- Currency exchange
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Free Wi-Fi
- Multiple small meeting rooms
- Multilingual staff
- Parking nearby
- Parking nearby (surcharge)
- Luggage storage
- Room service (24 hours)
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Year Built 1986
- Meeting facilities size (feet) - 840
- Meeting facilities size (meters) - 78
- Number of meeting/conference rooms - 2
- Smoke-free property
- Smoke-free property (fines apply)
- Number of buildings/towers - 3
- Use of nearby fitness center (discount)
Available in all rooms: Free Wi-Fi, Wired high-speed Internet access (surcharge)
Available in some public areas: Free Wi-Fi
Parking nearby, Parking nearby (surcharge)
- Room Amenities
- Pay movies
- Direct-dial phone
- Hair dryer
- Air conditioning
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- Climate control
- Complimentary newspaper
- Voice mail
- Coffee/tea maker
- Wake-up calls
- Daily housekeeping
- Private bathroom
- Complimentary toiletries
- Sewing kit
- Shower/tub combination
- Satellite TV service
- Electronic/magnetic keys
- Clock radio
- Trouser press
- Iron/ironing board (on request)
- Rollaway/extra beds available
- Cribs/infant beds available
- Free Wi-Fi
- Down comforter
- Signature bedding
- Connecting / adjoining rooms available
- Wired high-speed Internet access (surcharge)
Duke of Windsor - This Orient Express-themed bar serves drinks and snacks. The bar is open from 7 AM until midnight and offers 24-hour room service.
Breakfast is offered for a surcharge.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
To make requests for specific accessibility needs, complete the “Special or Accessibility Requests" section of “Trip Preferences" when you book your hotel.
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible bathroom
- Roll-in shower
- In-room accessibility
Policies & Fees
Check-in time starts at 2 PM
Special check-in instructions:
At check-in, you'll be asked to present the credit card you used to book your room.
Check-out time is noon
- Payment types
Accepted at this hotel: American Express, Diners Club, Discover, JCB International, MasterCard, Visa
Pets not allowed
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
Special cancellation policies or charges may apply for group reservations (more than 8 rooms for the same hotel / stay dates).
- Unless otherwise indicated, the charges below are not included in the overall room price. If not included in the overall room price, they will be charged by the property at check-in or check-out. Charges can vary, for example, based on length of stay or the room you book. This property told us they will charge you for the following:
We have included all charges provided to us by the property. However, charges can vary, for example, based on length of stay or the room you book.The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- A 5.5 percent city/local tax will be charged
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
- Breakfast fee: EUR 23 per person (approximately)
- Fee for in-room high-speed Internet (wired): EUR 5.95 (for 24 hours, rates may vary)
- Rollaway bed fee: EUR 70 per night
- Additional Details
Children 11 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding. The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation.
Awards & Affiliations
- A Green / Sustainable Property - Third Party CertifiedThis property participates in Milieubarometer (Green Key), a third-party certification program that has been independently certified. Third-party certification measures the property's impact on one or more of the following: environment, community, cultural-heritage, the local economy. An objective assessment of a company's sustainable tourism practices has been performed at this property by an auditor who is independent of the third-party certification program.
- This property is affiliated with the International Gay & Lesbian Travel Association (IGLTA) and welcomes lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) guests.