Availability: Galley Bay Resort & Spa - Antigua - All-Inclusive
Romantic Cottage, 1 King Bed, Private Pool, Garden View (Gauguin Cottage)Max Occupancy: 2 guests
Standard Room, 1 King Bed, BeachsideMax Occupancy: 2 guests
Deluxe Room, beachfront, 1 King BedMax Occupancy: 2 guests
Premium Suite, Beachfront, 1 King BedMax Occupancy: 3 guests
Adult resort between Antiguan beach, bird sanctuary
+VIP Access™ Hotel
We carefully hand-picked this hotel based on its dedication to service and excellent guest reviews.
Expedia+ rewards +gold members receive free room upgrades and +gold and +silver members get other perks upon availability at check-in.See details
Facing a long, tranquil beach, this secluded Antigua resort on the northwest coast is less than a mile from Deep Bay and Hawksbill Beaches. The airport is less than 7 miles away.
A mountain-style pool, à la carte dining with Caribbean Sea views, water-sports equipment, and dancing to live music are included in the room rate at the adults-only Galley Bay Resort & Spa - Antigua - All-Inclusive.
Fresh or chilled air
Guestrooms and cottages at Galley Bay Resort & Spa - Antigua - All-Inclusive include beachfront terraces or courtyards with plunge pools. Compact refrigerators come with drinks. Bathrobes supply lounging comfort.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!
Galley Bay Resort & Spa - Antigua - All-Inclusive Amenities
- All-Inclusive Details
This resort is all-inclusive. Onsite food and beverages are included in the room price (some restrictions may apply).
Gratuities and taxes
Gratuities and taxes are included.
Food and beverages
- All meals, snacks, and beverages included
- Room service during certain hours
- In-room minibar (all beverages included)
- Surcharges for bottled wine, bottled liquor, and room service
Activities and facilities/equipment
All non-motorized water sports are included.
- Fitness facilities
- Onsite entertainment and activities
- Airport transfers
- Laundry/dry cleaning services
- Premium food items
- Spa/beauty facilities and services
- Offsite tours
The majority of amenities and gratuities at this rural Antigua resort are included in the room rate; guests of Galley Bay Resort & Spa - Antigua - All-Inclusive will not be charged extra for the majority of amenities (scroll up to the All-Inclusive Details section for more information).
The resort's tranquil ambiance begins just inside the entrance at an open-air reception building with bleached-wood ceilings. Adjacent looms a 19th-century, stone-tower sugar mill ringed by a cactus garden. Golf-cart shuttles take guests to their rooms via a path spanning the bird-sanctuary lagoon.
This 2011 Condé Nast Traveler Reader's Choice Award-winning property features a beauty salon that offers massage, facials, and hair and nail care. An open-air library includes an air-conditioned room containing two computers with complimentary wireless Internet access. An air-conditioned fitness center with views of the resort's bird-sanctuary lagoon offers cardio machines, a weight-training machine, and free weights. Free parking is available and a shop sells resortwear, beachwear, Galley Bay logo items, gifts, and sundries.
Please note: There are no elevators at this property.
Shuttle vans and private cars of varying prices are available. They can be reserved during the process of booking a reservation for this hotel, via this Web site, and added to the total trip cost.
- Swimming pool - outdoor
- Massage - spa treatment room(s)
- 24-hour front desk
- Hair salon
- Gift shops or newsstand
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Tennis on site
- Wedding services
- Free breakfast
- Designated smoking areas
- Billiards or pool table
- Total number of rooms - 98
- Laundry facilities
- Number of floors - 2
- Luggage storage
- Room service (limited hours)
- Number of restaurants - 3
- Free self parking
- Beach sun loungers
- Pool sun loungers
- Outdoor tennis court
- Snack bar/deli
- Full-service health spa
- Health club
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Free Wi-Fi
- Beach/pool umbrellas
- Multilingual staff
- Poolside bar
- Shopping on site
- Spa services on site
Available in some public areas: Free Wi-Fi
Free self parking
- Room Amenities
- Premium TV channels
- Furnished balcony or patio
- Balcony or patio
- Access via exterior corridors
- Ceiling fan
- Climate control
- Air conditioning
- Coffee/tea maker
- Hair dryer
- In-room safe
- Premium bedding
- Separate sitting area
- Cable TV service
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- Daily housekeeping
- Private bathroom
- Designer toiletries
- Iron/ironing board
- iPod docking station
- Flat-panel TV
- Pillowtop mattress
The majority of meals and beverages, plus all gratuities, at the following restaurants and bars are included in the room rate for this resort (scroll up to the All-Inclusive Details section for more information).
Sea Grape - Open-air restaurant with peaked wood ceiling facing boardwalk above beach. Á la carte breakfast, lunch, dinner. Dinner dress code: Long pants, collared shirts for men, except Thursday night for the barbecue buffet. Room service is not permitted.
Sample dinner menu for Sea Grape
Note: A different menu is offered for each dinner. The following menu is for illustrative purposes only.
- Red bean with johnny cakes
- Curried seafood in puff pastry
- Sweet-corn parfait with grilled eggplant
- Local greens with wild mushroom in honey-dijon vinaigrette
- Jerk-seasoned mako shark with mixed greens and passionfruit vinaigrette
- Peppered ribeye steak
- Chicken "jambonette" with prunes, mushrooms
- Creole vegetable tart
- Lobster prepared to choice (surcharge)
- Tropical ice creams in florentine basket
- Warm chocolate fondant and pistachio ice cream
- Galley Bay coffee (rum cream, brandy with whipped cream, brown sugar)
Gauguin - Casual, open-air spot isolated on beach. Private tables on terra-cotta-tile floors under individual thatch roofs. Á la carte lunch of salads, sandwiches, light fare. Á la carte dinner. Reservations required. Dinner dress code: long pants, collared shirts for men.
Sample menu for Gauguin
- Spicy potato with spinach, roasted garlic
- Seafood-avocado tian with crab beignet, lime aioli sauce
- Char-roasted vegetables with pesto sauce in crisp basket
- Local greens, pineapple, roasted coconut, herbs in lemon vinaigrette
- Artichoke and chopped egg with goat cheese and sun-dried tomatoes
- Grilled lamb chops with red-coconut curry
- Duck leg simmered with lentils, vegetables, smoked bacon
- Fish of the day with pumpkin fritter, pineapple salsa
- Coconut tart with passionfruit mascarpone
- Chocolate-star anise mousse cake with tamarind ice cream
- Crème caramel with tropical-fruit salsa
Ismay Restaurant & Bar - This beachfront restaurant offers local flavors combined with West Indian food. The menu features dishes like seafood gumbo and the classic Rastafarian dish, "Ital."
Lounge Bar - Open-air seating on thickly cushioned dark-bamboo chairs under ceiling fans next to boardwalk above beach. Afternoon tea. Pre-dinner appetizers. Bar service from late morning to late night. Live music for dancing nightly.
Teepee Bar - Open-air beachfront bar/lounge in conical thatch structure. Open late morning to late night.
- Red bean with johnny cakes
Steel pan, reggae, and island adaptations of classic popular music is performed by local musicians nightly.
The majority of recreational facilities described below are included in the room rate for this resort (scroll up to the All-Inclusive details section for more information).
Galley Bay Resort & Spa - Antigua - All-Inclusive extends along an 875-yard (800-meter) beach washed by the turquoise Caribbean Sea, which remains calm in most weather. For freshwater swimming there's a 70-foot (21-meter) freeform pool styled like a mountain pool, with granite-like lining, rocks along edges, and a large multi-level rock waterfall at pool's head. An adjacent sundeck is furnished with thatched shades. Beach and pool sun loungers are available.
The resort supplies snorkeling gear, small sailboats, and kayaks. Motorboating, ecotours, parasailing, and surfing can be found nearby. Fat-tired bicycles suitable for riding on the beach are also furnished. Ping-Pong under a thatch roof exemplifies the resort's open-air ambience. Golf lessons are available nearby. An 875-yard (800-meter) jogging path circles a lagoon maintained as a bird and waterfowl sanctuary within the resort's 40 acres.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the resort; fees may apply.
- Golfing nearby
- Scuba diving nearby
- Complimentary bicycles on site
- Surfing/boogie boarding nearby
- Parasailing nearby
- Golf lessons available nearby
- Hiking/biking trails on site
- Kayaking on site
- Sailing on site
- Snorkeling on site
- Tennis on site
- Tennis lessons on site
- Personal motorized watercraft on site
- Ecotours nearby
Indulge Spa is centrally located, adjacent to the calming waters of the hotel's lagoon and surrounding bird sanctuary. The spacious, multi-level spa features three massage areas, two of which are rustic, open-air treatment "pods". Each pod overlooks the bird sanctuary and is designed to accommodate two massage tables, for romantic his-and-hers treatments, as well as a full range of facials, skincare, and therapeutic massage treatments featuring the full line of world-class Pevonia Botanica skincare products.
- Number of treatment rooms 3
- Outdoor treatment areas
- Couples treatment rooms
- Manicures and pedicures
- Body scrubs
- Aromatherapy treatments
- Body treatments
- Facial treatments
To make requests for specific accessibility needs, complete the “Special or Accessibility Requests" section of “Trip Preferences" when you book your hotel.
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible parking
- In-room accessibility
Galley Bay Resort & Spa - Antigua - All-Inclusive Policies & Fees
Minimum check-in age is 18
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Check-out time is noon
- Payment types
Accepted at this hotel: American Express, Diners Club, JCB International, MasterCard, Visa
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
Minimum guest age is 16
Caters to adults only
- Additional Details
Guests under 16 years old are not permitted at this adults-only property.
Awards & Affiliations
- A Green / Sustainable Property - Third Party CertifiedThis property participates in Green Globe Certification, a third-party certification program that has been independently certified. Third-party certification measures the property's impact on one or more of the following: environment, community, cultural-heritage, the local economy. An objective assessment of a company's sustainable tourism practices has been performed at this property by an auditor who is independent of the third-party certification program.