Availability: Sky Hotel, a Kimpton Hotel
Please enter your travel dates.
Deluxe Guest Room 1 King - NoResortFee...
|$139 $118||$139 $118|
Premier Guest Room 2 Doubles - No Resort Fee.
|$169 $144||$169 $144|
Premier Guest Room 1 King - NoResortFee
|$169 $144||$169 $144|
Premier Guest Room 2 Queens - No Resort Fee.
|$169 $144||$169 $144|
Boutique hotel at the base of Aspen Mountain
Near the airport
Sky Hotel - a Kimpton Hotel, located at the base of Aspen Mountain, is five miles from the airport and within three blocks of shopping.
Guests can view the mountain from the hotel's radiant-heated sundeck with its outdoor fire pits, and take advantage of the outdoor heated pool facing Aspen Mountain.
The 90 sophisticated guestrooms feature Italian Frette linens, down comforters, minibars with bottled oxygen, humidifiers, animal-print terrycloth robes, and spa bath products.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!
Sky Hotel, a Kimpton Hotel Amenities
Guests at the Sky Hotel enjoy a range of amenities without being charged a resort fee. Complimentary amenities include morning coffee and tea in the lobby, and hosted evening wine receptions, offered seasonally. Wireless Internet access is available throughout the hotel. Light fare is available for breakfast, lunch, and dinner in the 39 Degrees lounge (seasonal), which also serves as a popular après-ski destination with its funky decor and specialty cocktails.
Guests have access to an outdoor splash pool as well as a 24-hour fitness center. Passes are available to several nearby Aspen Club & Spa centers. The hotel's complimentary OM away from Home program includes in-room television access to the Yoga Channel and a basket containing a yoga mat, block, and strap.
- Swimming pool - outdoor
- Concierge desk
- Use of nearby fitness center (discount)
- Parking garage
- Ski shuttle
- Parking (surcharge)
- Multiple large conference rooms
- Event catering
- Banquet facilities
- Audiovisual equipment
- Multilingual staff
- 24-hour front desk
- Express check-out
- Total number of rooms - 90
- Number of floors - 2
- Ski storage
- Coffee/tea in lobby
- Fireplace in lobby
- Airport transportation (complimentary)
- Air-conditioned public areas
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Wedding services
- Meeting facilities size (meters) - 204
- Smoke-free property
- Business services
- Complimentary newspapers in lobby
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Health club
- Wireless Internet access - surcharge
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Massage - spa treatment room(s)
- Multiple small meeting rooms
- Picnic area
- Poolside bar
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Area shuttle (complimentary)
- 24-hour business center
- Meeting facilities size (feet) - 2,200
- Number of meeting/conference rooms - 2
- Complimentary reception
- Spa services on site
Available in all rooms: Wireless Internet access (surcharge)
Available in some public areas: Wireless Internet access - surcharge
Parking (surcharge), Valet parking (surcharge), Parking garage
- Room Amenities
- Premium TV channels
- Pay movies
- Premium bedding
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Climate control
- Coffee/tea maker
- Designer toiletries
- Shower/tub combination
- Hair dryer
- Iron/ironing board
- Rollaway/extra beds available
- Cribs/infant beds available
- Air conditioning
- Daily housekeeping
- Turndown service
- Private bathroom
- In-room massage available
- In-room childcare (surcharge)
- In-room safe (laptop compatible)
- Cable TV service
- Wireless Internet access (surcharge)
- iPod docking station
- Down comforter
- Frette Italian sheets
- Pillowtop mattress
- LCD TV
39 Degrees - Rough-hewn timber, custom-designed modern furniture, and a long stone fireplace highlight this lounge, one of Aspen's most popular night spots. A large, pivoting door leads to a radiant-heated sundeck with views of Aspen Mountain. Hot breakfast buffets are served in winter and summer, daily Continental breakfast is available as well as an extended bar menu is offered for lunch and dinner seasonally.
Guests at Sky Hotel - a Kimpton Hotel have access to a 24-hour cardio room, as well as discount passes to the local Aspen Club & Spa. On-site ski rentals and ski storage is available.
The hotel is nestled at the base of Aspen Mountain, which has a base elevation of 7,945 feet and a vertical rise of 4,406 feet. Ajax, as it's commonly known, features 673 acres of skiable terrain, and none of its 76 trails are suitable for beginners. Rated 48 percent more difficult, 26 percent most difficult, and 26 percent expert, they are accessible by eight lifts, including the Silver Queen Gondola, which makes the trip between the base and the summit in 14 minutes.
Three miles away, Aspen Highlands is bigger and more beginner-friendly. The 11,675-foot mountain offers 130 trails on 790 acres of skiable terrain (18 percent easiest, 30 percent more difficult, 16 percent most difficult, and 36 percent expert) accessible by four lifts.
Five miles from the hotel is Buttermilk, which has a base elevation of 7,870 feet, a vertical rise of 2,030 feet, and offers a more relaxed experience. Its 42 trails encompass 430 acres of skiable terrain (35 percent are rated for beginners, 39 percent are more difficult, and 26 percent most difficult) accessible by nine lifts. Buttermilk is home to Aspen's ski school and includes one half-pipe, a two-mile-long terrain park, and the Boardercross course.
At 12,510 feet, Snowmass has the highest summit and the most acres of skiable terrain, 3,100. Snowmass' 87 trails (6 percent easiest, 50 percent more difficult, 12 percent most difficult, and 32 percent expert) are accessible from 21 lifts, including seven high-speed quad chairs. Snowmass is located nine miles south of Aspen in family-friendly Snowmass Village.
The Aspen Golf Course, 3.5 miles away, has an 18-hole course, driving range, pro shop, and PGA instruction. Redesigned by Jim Engh, the 18-hole course at Snowmass Golf Club is 10.5 miles away.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Skiing - alpine on site
- Golfing nearby
- Fishing nearby
- Skiing - downhill nearby
- Skiing - cross-country nearby
- Horse riding/rental nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Rafting nearby
- Golf - driving range nearby
- Snowboarding nearby
- Mountain biking nearby
- Rowing or canoeing nearby
- Basketball nearby
- Tennis nearby
- Yoga classes/instruction nearby
- Snowmobiling nearby
- Ice skating nearby
- Snowshoeing nearby
- Hunting nearby
- Aerobics nearby
- Bicycle rentals nearby
- Bird watching nearby
- Playground nearby
- Running track/path nearby
- Ski equipment rentals on site
- Swimming on site
- Accessible path of travel
- Roll-in shower
- Accessible parking
- In-room accessibility
- Braille or raised signage
- Accessible bathroom
Sky Hotel, a Kimpton Hotel Policies & Fees
Check-in time starts at 4 PM
Check-out time is 11 AM
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card are required at check-in for incidental charges.
- The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Valet parking fee: USD 26 per night (in/out privileges)
- Rollaway bed fee: USD 25 per night
- Additional Details
There are no room charges for children 17 years old and younger who occupy the same room as their parents or guardians, using existing bedding.
Awards & Affiliations
- A Green / Sustainable Property - Third Party CertifiedThis property participates in Green Key Eco-Rating Program, a third-party certification program that has been independently certified. Third-party certification measures the property's impact on one or more of the following: environment, community, cultural-heritage, the local economy. An objective assessment of a company's sustainable tourism practices has been performed at this property by an auditor who is independent of the third-party certification program.
- This property is affiliated with the International Gay & Lesbian Travel Association (IGLTA) and welcomes lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) guests.