Availability: The Fairmont Royal Pavilion Hotel
Barbados hideaway for celebrities, royalty
Rest and romance
Located on the west coast beach, a mile from Holetown and 8 miles from the Barbados Wildlife Reserve, the Fairmont Royal Pavilion Hotel is a favorite of celebrities, royalty, and romantics.
Set on 11 acres with soaring palm trees and dense gardens dating from the 1940s, guests of this Barbados hotel find room for private relaxation in an open-air ambience, on a long beach, and by an outdoor pool.
The 75 air-conditioned guestrooms at The Fairmont Royal Pavilion Hotel feature large oceanfront balconies or ground-floor terraces fronted by loosely woven drapes.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!
The Fairmont Royal Pavilion Hotel Amenities
A $10 million renovation in 2003 enhanced the spacious lobby, styled in pink-and-oyster tones, with thickly cushioned mahogany furniture, while retaining the open-air atmosphere and views of sea and sunset that guests prize. Among the hotel's treasured legacies from the 1940s is an entrance corridor framed by 100-foot Royal Palms leading to a lily-pond fountain in an open courtyard just off the reception area.
Guests enjoy 2 restaurants, a lounge, and a daily breakfast buffet (surcharge). The hotel features an outdoor pool, a fitness facility, and 2 outdoor tennis courts. Complimentary wireless Internet access is available in the lobby. A shopping section contains clothing boutiques, a jewelry shop, and a gift shop. This Barbados hotel calls outside specialists for in-room massages, facials, and other spa services. Babysitting and childcare are offered for a surcharge. 2 meeting rooms include audio-visual equipment. Laundry facilities are also on site.
- Direct access to private beach
- Beach umbrellas
- Beach sun loungers
- Beach towels
- 24-hour fitness facilities
- Babysitting or childcare (surcharge)
- Airport transportation (surcharge)
- Outdoor pool
- Poolside bar
- Spa tub
- Complimentary newspapers in lobby
- Use of nearby fitness center (complimentary)
- Limo or Town Car service available
- Meeting rooms
- 24-hour front desk
- Number of floors - 3
- Hair salon
- Gift shops or newsstand
- Shopping on site
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Tennis on site
- Wedding services
- Total number of rooms - 75
- Number of restaurants - 2
- Free self parking
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Designated smoking areas
- Beach/pool umbrellas
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Free Wi-Fi
- Computer station
- Laundry facilities
- Multilingual staff
- Room service (24 hours)
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Year Built 1987
- Outdoor tennis courts 2
- Number of meeting rooms - 2
- Number of buildings/towers - 3
- Spa services on site
- Supervised childcare/activities
Available in all rooms: Free Wi-Fi , Free wired high-speed Internet
Available in some public areas: Free Wi-Fi
Free self parking
- Room Amenities
- Connecting/adjoining rooms available
- Cribs/infant beds (complimentary)
- Rollaway/extra beds available
- Premium TV channels
- DVD player
- Access via exterior corridors
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- Ceiling fan
- Air conditioning
- Complimentary newspaper
- Climate control
- Coffee/tea maker
- Daily housekeeping
- Turndown service
- In-room massage available
- Separate bathtub and shower
- Complimentary toiletries
- Hair dryer
- In-room childcare (surcharge)
- Cable TV service
- Iron/ironing board
- In-room safe
- Private bathroom
- Free Wi-Fi
- Free wired high-speed Internet
- Pillowtop mattress
Palm Terrace - Ocean-view restaurant serving Caribbean cuisine and drinks.
Cafe Taboras - Poolside restaurant with ocean views.
The hotel features a private white sand beach with available kayaks and paddle boats, an outdoor pool with sun loungers, beach towels, and umbrellas provided, a spa tub, and a 24-hour fitness facility, as well as 2 outdoor tennis courts.
Complimentary shuttle service is provided to the Royal Westmoreland Golf Club, less than a mile away. 2 miles away, Sandy Lane resort offers 3 golf courses and a 450-yard driving range.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Kayaking on site
- Golfing nearby
- Surfing/boogie boarding nearby
- Personal motorized watercraft on site
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Bicycle rentals nearby
- Parasailing on site
- Sailing on site
- Snorkeling on site
- Water skiing on site
- Windsurfing on site
Guests can relax and rejuvenate by taking advantage of the hotel's full range of spa services including massage, body scrubs, facials, and alternative holistic therapies. Appointments can be made through the concierge.
- Facial treatments
- Manicures and pedicures
- Aromatherapy treatments
- Body treatments
To make requests for specific accessibility needs, complete the “Special or Accessibility Requests" section of “Trip Preferences" when you book your hotel.
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible bathroom
- Roll-in shower
- Accessible parking
- In-room accessibility
The Fairmont Royal Pavilion Hotel Policies & Fees
Check-in time starts at 4 PM
Check-out time is 11 AM
- Payment types
Accepted at this hotel: American Express, Carte Blanche, Diners Club, Discover, JCB International, MasterCard, Visa
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
- The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
- Breakfast fee: USD 30 per person (approximately)
- Additional Details
This property offers transfers from the airport (surcharges may apply). Guests must contact the property with arrival details before travel, using the contact information on the booking confirmation. Reservations are required for massage services and spa treatments. Reservations can be made by contacting the resort prior to arrival, using the contact information on the booking confirmation. Children 9 years old and younger are not permitted from November to March. The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation.
Awards & Affiliations
- A Green / Sustainable Property - Third Party CertifiedThis property participates in Green Key Eco-Rating Program, a third-party certification program that has been independently certified. Third-party certification measures the property's impact on one or more of the following: environment, community, cultural-heritage, the local economy. An objective assessment of a company's sustainable tourism practices has been performed at this property by an auditor who is independent of the third-party certification program.