Book your room at Hotel Derby Barcelona
Please enter your travel dates.
Standard Double Room
Stylish hotel near Plaza Francesc Macià
By Diagonal District
One block from Barcelona's Plaza Francesc Macià and the Diagonal District's chic shops, this hotel is two blocks from the trade fair center and three kilometres (two miles) from the Gothic Quarter.
The walls of this hotel display original artwork by such famed painters as Miro; guests can enjoy complimentary passes to the Egyptian Museum and can make use of the hotel's business center.
Minibars in rooms
Hotel Derby Barcelona's 115 guestrooms feature complimentary wireless Internet access, modern cherry-wood furnishings with hardwood flooring, leather armchairs, original artwork, CD players, minibars, and satellite TV. All guestrooms are non-smoking.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!
Hotel Derby Barcelona
The Hotel Derby Barcelona has a lobby-level business center with two computers featuring high-speed Internet access. Staff are on hand for any business requests such as faxing or printing.
The Derby does not have its own spa but guests are invited to make use of the outdoor swimming pool at its partner hotel the Gran Derby on the opposite side of the street. A courtesy car is available for guests to use for half a day at a time free of charge.
- Free Wi-Fi
- Swimming pool - outdoor
- Concierge services
- Complimentary newspapers in lobby
- Use of nearby fitness center (discount)
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Coffee shop or café
- Valet parking
- Parking (surcharge)
- Event catering
- Business center
- Banquet facilities
- Audiovisual equipment
- Secretarial services
- Computer rental
- Multilingual staff
- 24-hour front desk
- Express check-out
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Medical assistance available
- Currency exchange
- Babysitting or childcare
- Translation services
- Laundry facilities
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Coffee/tea in lobby
- Fireplace in lobby
- Air-conditioned public areas
- Smoke-free property
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Luggage storage
- One meeting/conference room
- Parking limited (surcharge)
- Total number of rooms - 115
- Number of floors - 7
- Room service (limited hours)
- Meeting facilities size (feet) - 1884
- Meeting facilities size (meters) - 175
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
Available in all rooms: Free Wi-Fi
Available in some public areas: Free Wi-Fi
Parking (surcharge), Valet parking, Parking limited (surcharge)
- In the room
- Free Wi-Fi
- Premium bedding
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- Climate control
- Soundproofed rooms
- Air conditioning
- Complimentary newspaper
- Direct-dial phone
- Turndown service
- Private bathroom
- Complimentary toiletries
- Hair dryer
- In-room massage available
- Bathtub only
- In-room childcare (surcharge)
- Satellite TV service
- In-room safe
- Cribs/infant beds available
- Daily housekeeping
- LCD TV
- Eat and drink
Derby Restaurant - This lower-level restaurant serves a varied buffet breakfast, fixed menu lunch and à la carte dinner. All meals feature traditional Mediterranean cuisine with a local Catalan influence. The fact that this room has no windows is more than adequately accommodated for boasting six original paintings by Joan Miró on the walls.
Scotch Bar - Dimly lit and comfortable, the Scotch Bar has an open fire that is regularly lit in cold weather. A wide ranging drinks selection featuring whiskeys, wines, and cocktails is available. Light snacks are also on offer and a separate street level entrance encourages outside visitors to join hotel guests.
Coffee Shop - With its entrance one door down from the hotel's reception, this lively and bright coffee shop is widely used by locals and passers by as well as hotel guests. Alongside all the usual teas, coffees, pastries, wines, and beer, guests can choose to take their meals here rather than in the hotel's main restaurant. A reduced price breakfast is also available as an alternative to the regular buffet.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Golfing nearby
- Tennis nearby
- Racquetball/squash nearby
- Running track/path nearby
- Aerobics nearby
- Pilates classes/instruction nearby
- Yoga classes/instruction nearby
- Scooter/moped rentals nearby
- Bicycle rentals nearby
- Swimming on site
To make requests for specific accessibility needs, complete the “Special or Accessibility Requests" section of “Trip Preferences" when you book your hotel.
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible bathroom
- Accessible parking
- Accessibility equipment for the deaf
- Braille or raised signage
The Fine Print for Hotel Derby Barcelona
Minimum check-in age is 18
Check-in time starts at 2 PM
Special check-in instructions:
A tourist tax will be collected directly at the property upon arrival. The tax applies up to a maximum of 7 nights per person per stay.
Check-out time is noon
- How you can pay
Accepted at this hotel: American Express, Diners Club, JCB International, MasterCard, Visa
- Your pets
- You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
- Unless otherwise indicated, the charges below are not included in the overall room price. If not included in the overall room price, they will be charged by the property at check-in or check-out. Charges can vary, for example, based on length of stay or the room you book. This property told us they will charge you for the following:
We have included all charges provided to us by the property. However, charges can vary, for example, based on length of stay or the room you book.A tourist tax will be collected at the property upon arrival. The tax applies up to a maximum of 7 nights per person per stay.The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- A tax is imposed by the city: EUR 1.21 per person, per night. This tax does not apply to children under 17 years of age.
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
- Breakfast fee: EUR 15.4 per person (approximately)
- Self parking fee: EUR 21.93 per day
- We Should Mention
Cash transactions at this property cannot exceed EUR 2500, due to national regulations. For further details, please contact the property using information in the booking confirmation.