Please enter your travel dates.
Standard Double or Twin Room
Modern hotel west of Barcelona’s Avenida Diagonal
West of Diagonal
This 16-story hotel soars above century-old gardens just west of the business and shopping end of Barcelona's Avenida Diagonal, one kilometre from the Royal Palace's museums.
Home to a century-old 25,000 square meter garden surrounded by glass and water, the Hotel Rey Juan Carlos I complex features the well-equipped Royal Fitness & Spa health spa (surcharge).
Minibars in rooms
The 432 guestrooms offer expansive city and sea views, contemporary furnishings, premium bedding, minibars, and marble baths with separate tub and shower. Wireless Internet access is complimentary.
The Royal Fitness & Spa is a sprawling health spa that spreads out in the gardens and below ground at the foot of the Hotel Rey Juan Carlos I (surcharge). Guests have free entrance to the outdoor and indoor heated pool and to the fitness room of our "The Royal Club Fitness & Spa." The fitness center offers a range of exercise bicycles, other machines and weights, and is attended by training staff. In the same complex are two indoor pools and a 'wet zone' made up of jetted tubs, saunas, steam baths, aroma cabins, and hydro-massage showers. Guests can also enjoy a massage. Outside is another pool, open in the summer. Although children under 18 are not allowed in the spa or indoor pools, they may access outdoor pool.
Around the ground and mezzanine floors of the hotels and facing into the stunning sight of the atrium are grouped the hotel's meeting and banquet rooms, which with their sliding walls can be grouped together to accommodate groups of varying sizes.
- 24-hour front desk
- Air-conditioned public areas
- Airport transportation (surcharge)
- Audiovisual equipment
- Babysitting or childcare
- Number of floors - 15
- Banquet facilities
- Beauty services
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Business center
- Coffee/tea in lobby
- Coffee shop or café
- Complimentary newspapers in lobby
- Currency exchange
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Event catering
- Exhibit space
- Hair salon
- Total number of rooms - 432
- Concierge services
- Gift shops or newsstand
- Tour assistance
- Health club
- Designated smoking areas
- Area shuttle (surcharge)
- One meeting/conference room
- Luggage storage
- Massage - spa treatment room(s)
- Medical assistance available
- Multilingual staff
- Free parking
- Poolside bar
- Room service (24 hours)
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Year Built 1992
- Secretarial services
- Security guard
- Shopping on site
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
- Spa services on site
- Steam room
- Swimming pool - indoor
- Swimming pool - outdoor seasonal
- Technology helpdesk
- Translation services
- Use of nearby fitness center (complimentary)
- Wedding services
- Full-service health spa
- Free Wi-Fi
- Free parking (limited spaces)
- Parking limited (surcharge)
- Parking (surcharge)
Available in all rooms: Free Wi-Fi
Available in some public areas: Free Wi-Fi
Free parking, Parking (surcharge), Free parking (limited spaces), Parking limited (surcharge)
- Room Amenities
- Premium TV channels
- Pay movies
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Premium bedding
- Soundproofed rooms
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- Air conditioning
- Climate control
- Voice mail
- Multi-line phone
- Wake-up calls
- Turndown service
- Bathroom phone
- Extra towels/bedding in room
- Handheld showerhead
- Makeup/shaving mirror
- Separate bathtub and shower
- Complimentary toiletries
- Hair dryer
- In-room childcare (surcharge)
- Electronic/magnetic keys
- Satellite TV service
- Window opens
- Clock radio
- Rollaway/extra beds available
- Cribs/infant beds available
- In-room safe (laptop compatible)
- Complimentary newspaper
- Daily housekeeping
- Free Wi-Fi
Polo Restaurant - Buffet breakfast, lunch, and dinner are served in this ground floor restaurant, offering Mediterranean and international dishes, including a salad bar, and cheese and dessert selections.
The Garden - Set in the hotel gardens, this restaurant offers modern Mediterranean dishes. Open during the summer season only.
Fresh Bar - This bar offers a wide selection of beers and provides snacks and evening meals.
Lobby Bar - Located in the center of the lobby, the Lobby Bar offers snacks and drinks in an open environment with live piano music every evening.
Espinaler Experience Tapas Bar - Next to the outdoor pool and spa, this bar offers a wide selection of tapas.
Coppelia Club - This exclusive club mixes a careful selection of cocktails.
Pool Restaurant and Bar - During the summer months, guests can order sandwiches, salads, and fish and meat specialties for lunch by the pool.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Golf - driving range nearby
- Golfing nearby
- Tennis nearby
- Racquetball/squash nearby
- Basketball nearby
- Volleyball nearby
- Yoga classes/instruction nearby
- Playground nearby
- Aerobics on site
- Swimming on site
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Bicycle rentals nearby
- Aromatherapy treatments
- Mud bath in spa
- Body treatments
- Turkish bath/Hammam in spa
To make requests for specific accessibility needs, complete the “Special or Accessibility Requests" section of “Trip Preferences" when you book your hotel.
- Accessible parking
- In-room accessibility
- Roll-in shower
Policies & Fees
Check-in time starts at 2 PM
Special check-in instructions:
A tourist tax will be collected directly at the property upon arrival. The tax applies up to a maximum of 7 nights per person per stay.
Cash transactions at this property cannot exceed EUR 2500, due to national regulations. For further details, please contact the property using information in the booking confirmation.
Check-out time is Noon
- Payment types
Accepted at this hotel: American Express, Diners Club, MasterCard, Visa
Pets not allowed
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
- Unless otherwise indicated, the charges below are not included in the overall room price. If not included in the overall room price, they will be charged by the property at check-in or check-out. Charges can vary, for example, based on length of stay or the room you book. This property told us they will charge you for the following:
We have included all charges provided to us by the property. However, charges can vary, for example, based on length of stay or the room you book.The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- A tax is imposed by the city: EUR 2.46 per person, per night. This tax does not apply to children under 16 years of age.
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
- Breakfast fee: EUR 25.50 per person (approximately)
- Airport shuttle fee: EUR 105 per vehicle (one way)
- Self parking fee: EUR 30 per day
- Rollaway bed fee: EUR 40 per night
- Facilities fee: EUR 23.60 per person, per day
- Additional Details
Some facilities may have restricted access. Guests can contact the property for details using the contact information on the booking confirmation.