Please enter your travel dates.
Classic Single Room, 1 Single Bed
- One Single Bed
Classic Room, 1 Double Bed
- One Double Bed
Hotel in Reading near Reading Abbey Ruins
Situated in Reading, this hotel is close to Reading Central Library, Reading Abbey Ruins, and University of Reading. Also nearby are John Lewis Reading and Oracle.
In addition to a restaurant, Mercure George Hotel Reading features a bar/lounge. Other amenities include dry cleaning/laundry services and laundry facilities.
In addition to LCD televisions with satellite channels, guestrooms include complimentary wireless Internet access. Bathrooms come with shower/tub combinations and makeup/shaving mirrors.
The hotel offers a restaurant. A bar/lounge is on site where guests can unwind with a drink. Wired high-speed Internet access is available for a surcharge. This business-friendly hotel also offers coffee/tea in the lobby, laundry facilities, and dry cleaning/laundry services.
- 24-hour front desk
- Total number of rooms - 76
- Number of floors - 4
- Year Built 1506
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Wired (high-speed) Internet access - surcharge
- Luggage storage
- Laundry facilities
- Parking nearby
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
- Coffee/tea in lobby
- Television in lobby
Available in all rooms: Free Wi-Fi, Wired high-speed Internet access (surcharge)
Available in some public areas: Wired (high-speed) Internet access - surcharge
- Room Amenities
- Direct-dial phone
- Coffee/tea maker
- Wake-up calls
- Daily housekeeping
- Private bathroom
- Complimentary toiletries
- Hair dryer
- Extra towels/bedding in room
- Handheld showerhead
- Makeup/shaving mirror
- Sewing kit
- Shower/tub combination
- Satellite TV service
- Trouser press
- Iron/ironing board
- Electronic/magnetic keys
- Window opens
- Rollaway/extra beds available
- Free Wi-Fi
- Climate control
- Complimentary newspaper
- Cribs/infant beds (complimentary)
- Wired high-speed Internet access (surcharge)
- LCD TV
Continental breakfasts are available for a surcharge and are served each morning.
PREZZO - This restaurant specializes in international cuisine and serves lunch and dinner.
DICKENS BAR AND BRASSERIE - This brasserie specializes in local cuisine and serves light fare and drinks. Guests can enjoy drinks at the bar.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or nearby; fees may apply.
- Boating nearby
- Running track/path nearby
- Fishing nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
To make requests for specific accessibility needs, complete the “Special or Accessibility Requests" section of “Trip Preferences" when you book your hotel.
- Accessible bathroom
- Accessible path of travel
- In-room accessibility
- Roll-in shower
Policies & Fees
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Check-out time is 11 AM
- Payment types
Accepted at this hotel: American Express, Diners Club, MasterCard, Visa
Pets not allowed
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
- No onsite parking is available.
Only service dogs are allowed
- The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
- Breakfast fee: GBP 10.95 per person (approximately)
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: GBP 7.99 per 24-hour period (rates may vary)
- Fee for in-room high-speed Internet (wired): GBP 7.99 per 24-hour period (rates may vary)
- Fee for wireless Internet in all public areas: GBP 7.99 per 24-hour period (rates may vary)
- Fee for high-speed Internet (wired) in all public areas: GBP 7.99 per 24-hour period (rates may vary)
- Rollaway bed fee: GBP 15.00 per night