Book your room at Sunstar Alpine Hotel Grindelwald
Winter getaway with a full-service spa
Located near the slopes, this Grindelwald hotel is in the mountains and within 6 mi (10 km) of First, Eiger, and Kleine Scheidegg Ski Resort. Kleine Scheidegg and Moench are also within 6 mi (10 km).
Sunstar Alpine Hotel Grindelwald guests can head out to the slopes, sip drinks at the bar/lounge, and enjoy an indoor pool and a full-service spa.
All 217 soundproofed rooms feature free WiFi and minibars. Thoughtful touches include bathrobes and slippers, and guests will also find sitting areas and cable TV.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!
During the winter, enjoy onsite recreation like downhill skiing, cross-country skiing, and snowboarding. Indulge in a treatment at the full-service spa or enjoy a swim in the indoor swimming pool after a day on the slopes. Conveniences like ski storage, ski equipment rentals, and ski passes allow you to spend less time with logistics and more time on the slopes. When the sun goes down, sip après-ski drinks in the hotel's bar or mingle with other revelers at the onsite nightclub.
Guests can enjoy a complimentary breakfast. High-speed wireless Internet access is complimentary. This ski hotel also offers a health club, outdoor tennis courts, and a steam room.
Sunstar Alpine Hotel Grindelwald has designated areas for smoking.
- Free! Free Wi-Fi
- 24-hour front desk
- Concierge services
- Conference space
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Gift shops or newsstand
- Total number of rooms - 217
- Laundry facilities
- Number of floors - 5
- Multilingual staff
- Parking (limited spaces)
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Conference space size (meters) - 550
- Conference space size (feet) - 5918
- Ski storage
- Ski passes available
- Spa services on site
- Free! Complimentary newspapers in lobby
- Free! Free breakfast
- Fireplace in lobby
- Full-service spa
- Health club
- Designated smoking areas
- Spa treatment room(s)
- Number of meeting rooms - 9
- Tennis on site
- Conference center
- Outdoor tennis courts 2
- Free! Train station pickup (complimentary)
- Year Built 1971
- 24-hour business center
- Shopping on site
- Number of buildings/towers - 2
- Steam room
- Indoor pool
Available in all rooms: Free! Free Wi-Fi
Available in some public areas: Free! Free Wi-Fi
Parking (limited spaces)
- Free! Free Wi-Fi
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Separate sitting area
- Soundproofed rooms
- Free! Complimentary bottled water
- Turndown service
- Hair dryer
- In-room safe
- Cable TV service
- Rollaway/extra beds available
- Free! Complimentary toiletries
- Room service (limited hours)
- Connecting/adjoining rooms available
- Free! Cribs/infant beds (complimentary)
- Blackout drapes/curtains
Where to Eat
Guests are offered a complimentary hot/cold buffet breakfast.
Ambiance - This restaurant specializes in international cuisine and serves lunch and dinner.
Adlerstube - This restaurant specializes in international cuisine and serves lunch and dinner.
Onsite venue #3 - bar
Room service (during limited hours) is available.
Nearby Things to Do
Outdoor tennis courts and a health club are featured at the hotel. In addition to an indoor pool, other recreational amenities include a steam room.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or nearby; fees may apply.
- Sailing nearby
- Golfing nearby
- Rafting nearby
- Bicycle rentals nearby
- Mountain biking nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Parasailing nearby
- Ski equipment rentals on site
- Cross-country skiing on site
- Downhill skiing on site
- Snowboarding on site
- Snowshoeing on site
Guests can pamper themselves with a trip to the onsite spa, which has 2 treatment rooms. Services include massages, facials, body wraps, and body scrubs. A variety of treatment therapies are provided, including hydrotherapy. The spa is equipped with a sauna.
Children under 16 years old are not allowed in the spa without adult supervision.
- Sauna in spa
- Number of treatment rooms 2
- Manicures and pedicures
- Body wraps
- Body scrubs
- Hydrotherapy treatments
- Body treatments
- Facial treatments
Minimum check-in age is 18
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Check-out time is 11 AM
Pets allowed, Only dogs and cats are allowed
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
- The name on the credit card used at check-in to pay for incidentals must be the primary name on the guestroom reservation.
- New Year's Eve (31 December) Gala Dinner per adult: CHF 60
- A tax is imposed by the city: CHF 3.20 per person, per night. This tax does not apply to children under 12 years of age.
- Self parking fee: CHF 15 per night
- Pet fee: CHF 12 per room, per night
- Rollaway bed fee: CHF 30 per night
We should mention
A resort fee is included in the total price displayed. Children 6 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding. The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation.