Book your room at Casa Platypus
Double RoomMax Occupancy: 2 guests (up to 1 child, 1 infant)
Shared DormitoryMax Occupancy: 1 guest
Single RoomMax Occupancy: 1 guest
Triple RoomMax Occupancy: 3 guests (up to 2 children, 2 infants)
3-star Bogota hostel in Old Town La Candelaria, near Monserrate
Located in Old Town La Candelaria, this hostel is within 1 mi (2 km) of University of the Andes, Plaza de Bolivar, and Torre Colpatria. Gold Museum and Iglesia de la Tercera Orden are also within 10 minutes.
Along with a rooftop terrace, this hostel has laundry facilities and a 24-hour front desk. Free full breakfast and free WiFi in public areas are also provided. Additionally, a library and a front-desk safe are onsite.
All 17 rooms provide conveniences like living rooms and dining areas, plus free WiFi and kitchens. Other amenities available to guests include sitting areas, cable TV, and room service.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!
At your hotel
At your hotel
Guests can enjoy a complimentary breakfast each morning. Public areas are equipped with complimentary high-speed wired and wireless Internet access. This Bogota hostel also offers a rooftop terrace, a library, and laundry facilities.
Casa Platypus has designated areas for smoking.
- 24-hour front desk
- Total number of rooms - 17
- Number of floors - 2
- Free breakfast
- Free Wi-Fi
- Free wired high-speed Internet
- Designated smoking areas
- Designated smoking areas (fines apply)
- Laundry facilities
- Rooftop terrace
- Luggage storage
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
Available in all rooms: Free Wi-Fi
Available in some public areas: Free Wi-Fi , Free wired high-speed Internet
In your room
- Separate sitting area
- Free local calls
- Coffee/tea maker
- Daily housekeeping
- Hair dryer
- Shower only
- Hair dryer (on request)
- Separate dining area
- Cable TV service
- Free Wi-Fi
- Separate living room
- Room service
Eat and drink
A complimentary full breakfast is served each morning between 8:00 AM and 10:00 AM.
Room service is available.
The fine print for Casa Platypus
When you arrive
Check-in time starts at midnight
Check-in time ends at 11:30 PM
Minimum check-in age is 18
When you leave
Check-out time is noon
How you can pay
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
- No onsite parking is available.
- The name on the credit card used at check-in to pay for incidentals must be the primary name on the guestroom reservation.
Only service dogs are allowed
No rollaway/extra beds available
No cribs (infant beds) available
Noise-free rooms not guaranteed
- The national sales tax (16%) is charged upon check-out to citizens of Colombia regardless of length of stay and to foreigners staying 60 consecutive days or more. Foreigners on a tourist visa are exempt from this tax. Furthermore, the tax may apply per room when the room is shared by a taxable and a nontaxable guest.
We should mention
Children 7 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding. Only registered guests are allowed in the guestrooms.