Availability: Taj Boston
Boston’s Public Garden, adjacent to Newbury Street
+VIP Access™ Hotel
We carefully hand-picked this hotel based on its dedication to service and excellent guest reviews.
Expedia+ rewards +gold members receive free room upgrades and +gold and +silver members get other perks upon availability at check-in.See details
Near shops, theaters
Facing the Public Garden and adjacent to Newbury Street boutiques, this historic hotel was built in 1927, and is 1 block from Boston Common and 2 blocks from the theater district.
The Taj Boston hotel features an afternoon tea in The Lounge, which showcases 19th-century art and antiques.
The 273 large guestrooms at this Boston hotel offer high-speed wireless Internet access, complimentary bottled water, bathrobes and slippers, pay movies and video games, and CD players.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!
Taj Boston Amenities
This Boston hotel upholds the Taj trademark commitment to attentive personal service in elegant surroundings. A 3,000-square-foot fitness center offers a range of cardiovascular and weight training equipment.
The Taj Boston hotel offers a special functions area, including private dining salons, ballrooms, and a wine cellar. Available in summer, the roof on the hotel's 17th floor has views of the Public Garden, Boston Common, and Financial District. The hotel offers valet parking (surcharge) and complimentary car service to the Financial District. A Chanel boutique can be accessed from the hotel lobby. All public areas of the hotel are smoke-free.
- Fitness facilities
- Coffee shop or café
- Conference space
- Business center
- Express check-out
- 24-hour front desk
- Number of floors - 17
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Year Built 1927
- Total number of rooms - 273
- Gift shops or newsstand
- Babysitting or childcare
- Laundry facilities
- Luggage storage
- Limo or Town Car service available
- Meeting rooms
- Multilingual staff
- Room service (24 hours)
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Shopping on site
- Airport transportation (surcharge)
- Wedding services
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Wireless Internet access - surcharge
- Valet parking (surcharge)
Available in all rooms: Wireless Internet access (surcharge) , Wired high-speed Internet access (surcharge)
Available in some public areas: Wireless Internet access - surcharge
Valet parking (surcharge)
- Room Amenities
- Premium TV channels
- Pay movies
- Video-game console
- Premium bedding
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Air conditioning
- Complimentary newspaper
- Climate control
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- Refrigerator (on request)
- Complimentary bottled water
- Turndown service
- Designer toiletries
- Hair dryer
- In-room childcare (surcharge)
- Iron/ironing board
- In-room safe
- Cribs/infant beds available
- In-room massage available
- Daily housekeeping
- Wireless Internet access (surcharge)
- Wired high-speed Internet access (surcharge)
The Café - A wall of windows with panoramic views of Newbury Street creates a lively backdrop for power breakfasts, animated lunches, and pre- or post-theater dining on such traditional American favorites as chicken pot pie, lobster salad, and clam chowder. Open daily for breakfast and lunch; dinner Sunday through Thursday. Collared shirts and slacks required for men during the day; jackets suggested for evenings.
The Bar - This well-known spot for cocktails opened in the 1930s to celebrate the repeal of Prohibition. Thie bar features club-like décor, fireplace, and Floor-to-ceiling windows overlooking the Public Garden. Open for light dining service Monday through Saturday.
The French Room - The hotel's spacious drawing room, with windows overlooking Newbury Street, is an ideal setting for afternoon tea, glass of port, and champagne. Tea offered Saturday and Sunday during two seatings, with music by a violinist. Special teas for children are offered during the holidays, including a Nutcracker Tea and a Teddy Bear Tea. Reservations are required.
Room service is available (24 hours).
The hotel features a 3,000-square-foot fitness center on the 4th floor, with a range of weight and cardiovascular equipment, including treadmills with private televisions. Shelves are stocked with complimentary headphones, towels, water, and fruit.
Two blocks away is a jogging path along the banks of the Charles River with views of Boston and Cambridge.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on-site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Golfing nearby
- Sailing nearby
- Windsurfing nearby
- Bicycle rentals nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Aerobics on site
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible bathroom
- Roll-in shower
- In-room accessibility
- Accessibility equipment for the deaf
- Braille or raised signage
Taj Boston Policies & Fees
Check-in time ends at midnight
Minimum check-in age is 21
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Check-out time is noon
Pets allowed, Only dogs and cats are allowed, Maximum number of pets per room 1, Pet maximum weight in lb is 20
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
- Minimum Spring Break check-in age is 21 years old.
- The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: USD 10.45 per day (rates may vary)
- Fee for in-room high-speed Internet (wired): USD 10.45 per day (rates may vary)
- Valet parking fee: USD 44 per night
- Pet fee: USD 125 per room, per stay
- Rollaway bed fee: USD 25 per stay
Awards & Affiliations
- A Green / Sustainable Property - Third Party CertifiedThis property participates in Green Globe Certification, a third-party certification program that has been independently certified. Third-party certification measures the property's impact on one or more of the following: environment, community, cultural-heritage, the local economy. An objective assessment of a company's sustainable tourism practices has been performed at this property by an auditor who is independent of the third-party certification program.
- The property is a member of the Leading Hotels of the World.