Please enter your travel dates.
Boutique brownstone in Boston’s historic Back Bay
VIP Access™ Hotel
We carefully hand-picked this hotel based on its dedication to service and excellent guest reviews.
At VIP Access hotels, Expedia Elite Plus© members receive free room upgrades and other perks upon availability at check-in.See details
Boston hotel mansion
This historic boutique hotel is set on one of the most beautiful boulevards in America, a stone's throw from fashionable Newbury Street shopping, Copley Place, and Boston’s major art galleries and cultural attractions.
Chef Ken Oringer, James Beard Award winner for Best Chef in the Northeast and winner of the Food Network's Iron Chef Competition, has made The Eliot a renowned culinary destination, with Restaurant Clio and Uni Sashimi Bar on site.
The 95 guestrooms are decorated in custom toile and silk fabrics and have Italian marble baths, cushy bathrobes, and complimentary Internet access via high-speed and wireless networks. Pets are welcome here at no extra charge. Turndown service is provided nightly.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!
Renovations & Closures
- The hotel will be renovating from 29 January 2014 to 7 March 2014 (completion date subject to change). The following areas are affected:
Renovation work will only be conducted on weekdays. Every effort will be made to minimize noise and disturbance.
The Eliot Hotel features a lovely private dining room with a fireplace; it can comfortably seat 52 people for sit-down dinners and accommodate 90 for cocktail functions. A private boardroom that seats 10 is also available.
This is a smoke-free property.
- 24-hour front desk
- Air-conditioned public areas
- Parking garage
- Total number of rooms - 95
- Audiovisual equipment
- Babysitting or childcare
- Banquet facilities
- Year Built 1925
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Coffee shop or café
- Complimentary newspapers in lobby
- Computer rental
- Concierge services
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Event catering
- Express check-out
- Tours/ticket assistance
- One meeting/conference room
- Limo or Town Car service available
- Number of floors - 9
- Multilingual staff
- Parking (surcharge)
- Room service (24 hours)
- Meeting facilities size (meters) - 132
- Meeting facilities size (feet) - 1422
- Secretarial services
- Smoke-free property
- Translation services
- Use of nearby fitness center (complimentary)
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Tour assistance
- Wireless Internet access - surcharge
- Number of restaurants - 2
- 24-hour business center
Available in all rooms: Free Wi-Fi
Available in some public areas: Wireless Internet access - surcharge
Parking (surcharge), Valet parking (surcharge), Parking garage
- Room Amenities
- Designer toiletries
- Climate control
- Clock radio
- Extra towels/bedding
- Hair dryer
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Iron/ironing board
- Daily housekeeping
- Cribs/infant beds available
- Pay movies
- Soundproofed rooms
- Premium bedding
- Voice mail
- Window opens
- Turndown service
- Wake-up calls
- Satellite TV service
- Complimentary weekday newspaper
- Air conditioning
- Free Wi-Fi
- Private bathroom
- Complimentary toiletries
- In-room safe (laptop compatible)
- iPod docking station
- Flat-panel TV
Clio - This award-winning Parisian-style restaurant offers delicious dishes such as crispy braised organic chicken, sweet butter-basted Maine lobster, and California squab stuffed with foie gras. Desserts include Tahitian vanilla bean crème brûlée, chilled red currant mousse, and caramelized croissant bread pudding. A special chef's tasting menu is available nightly. Open for breakfast and dinner (closed on Sunday for dinner). Clio Restaurant combines sophisticated food and exquisite service. With the décor of a chic 1920’s-style Parisian supper club, this Boston French restaurant and Ken Oringer, winner of the James Beard award for “Best Chef: Northeast” and recent champion on Iron Chef, will captivate your sense of taste and aesthetics.
Uni - The hotel's contemporary sashimi bar can comfortably seat 21 guests. Fresh fish is prepared using a fine balance of exotic herbs and spices. Delicacies also include Kobe beef, sea urchin with quail egg, and rock shrimp tempura. Sake is served by the pitcher or by the cup. Uni delivers a hip atmosphere, while award-winning Chef Ken Oringer and his team create the freshest dishes before your eyes behind the open glass sushi bar.
Guests of the Eliot Suite Hotel - Boston receive complimentary passes to the Boston Sports Club, less than 1 block away.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Aerobics nearby
- Dock nearby
- Basketball nearby
- Bicycle rentals nearby
- Boating nearby
- Rowing or canoeing nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Ice skating nearby
- Kayaking nearby
- Racquetball/squash nearby
- Running track/path nearby
- Sailing nearby
- Whale-watching nearby
To make requests for specific accessibility needs, complete the “Special or Accessibility Requests" section of “Trip Preferences" when you book your hotel.
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible bathroom
- Roll-in shower
- Accessible parking
- In-room accessibility
- Accessibility equipment for the deaf
- Braille or raised signage
Policies & Fees
Minimum check-in age is 21
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Check-out time is noon
- Payment types
Accepted at this hotel: American Express, Diners Club, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
Pets allowed, Pet policy - dogs only, Maximum number of pets per room 1, Pet maximum weight in lb is 40
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
No rollaway/extra beds available
- The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
- Breakfast fee: USD 15.00 per person (approximately)
- Valet parking fee: USD 36 per night
- Additional Details
Children 18 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding.
Awards & Affiliations
- A Green / Sustainable Property - Third Party CertifiedThis property participates in Green Key Eco-Rating Program, a third-party certification program that has been independently certified. Third-party certification measures the property's impact on one or more of the following: environment, community, cultural-heritage, the local economy. An objective assessment of a company's sustainable tourism practices has been performed at this property by an auditor who is independent of the third-party certification program.
- The Eliot Hotel is listed in the 2013 Condé Nast Traveler Gold List of the world's best places to stay and the 2013 Travel + Leisure 500.