Availability: Bastide St. Mathieu
Please enter your travel dates.
- One King Bed
- One King Bed
18th C Provençal Bastide in the heart of the Riviera
Provençal chic on Riviera
The Bastide St. Mathieu is a magnificent 18th Century Provençal manor house. Surrounded by a hectare of gardens with olive trees, lavender, and the flowers of the renowned Grasse perfumeries.
Private hotel ambience
It combines tradition and luxurious comfort with its authentic exposed stone walls, huge baronial style rooms with open fires, cornflower blue shutters, and superbly inspired interior design.
6 glamorous suites
Each suite is a new adventure in design and relaxation, marble bathrooms, huge beds; winter warmth and summer cool.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!
Bastide St. Mathieu Amenities
As well as being a gloriously relaxed private hotel, it is often considered more of a houseparty than an hotel. Guests join in and make friends, it is also one of the most famous wedding and private event venues on the Riviera. The Bastide St. Mathieu becomes ‘chez-vous’; with its 6 large bedrooms and suites and 1 smaller double bedroom, all in seriously grown-up rooms decorated in exciting style and each representing one of the great characters of the Riviera such as Cole Porter, Coco Chanel, and Sisi, the Empress of Austria. The Bastide St. Mathieu sleeps up to 17 people.
Provençal stone roofed Cuisine D’ete for outside summer dining with full BBQ facilities; great for all day and night entertaining.
Huge garden with olive groves, ornamental gardens, and orchards.
Very large and fine swimming pool with relaxation pergola.
Terracing in front of the Bastide surrounded by flowered colonnade for dinners and receptions, leading to Grand Salon for dancing into the night.
Tennis and golf very close.
Sky TV in all bedrooms.
- Air-conditioned public areas
- Babysitting or childcare (surcharge)
- Total number of rooms - 7
- Banquet facilities
- Concierge services
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Hair salon
- Free Wi-Fi
- One meeting/conference room
- Luggage storage
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Free outdoor parking
- Meeting facilities size (meters) - 50
- Meeting facilities size (feet) - 538
- Swimming pool - outdoor
- Wedding services
Available in some public areas: Free Wi-Fi
Free outdoor parking
- Room Amenities
- Daily housekeeping
- Private bathroom
- Separate bathtub and shower
- Cable TV service
- Flat-panel TV
- Garden view
Bastide St. Mathieu Policies & Fees
Check-in time starts at 2 PM
Check-in time ends at 10 PM
Check-out time is 11 AM
- Payment types
Accepted at this hotel: American Express, MasterCard, Visa
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
- Unless otherwise indicated, the charges below are not included in the overall room price. If not included in the overall room price, they will be charged by the property at check-in or check-out. Charges can vary, for example, based on length of stay or the room you book. This property told us they will charge you for the following:
We have included all charges provided to us by the property. However, charges can vary, for example, based on length of stay or the room you book.The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- A tax is imposed by the city: EUR 1 per person, per night
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
- Crib (infant bed) fee: EUR 10 per night
- Rollaway bed fee: EUR 40 per night
Awards & Affiliations
- The property is a member of Historic Hotels of Europe.