Availability: Ambassador Hotel
Standard Room, 1 Queen BedMax Occupancy: 2 guests (up to 1 child, 1 infant)
Standard Room, 1 Queen Bed, Sea FacingMax Occupancy: 2 guests (up to 1 child, 1 infant)
Standard Single RoomMax Occupancy: 1 guest
Single Room, Sea ViewMax Occupancy: 1 guest
Sea-facing hotel with pool near Cape Town
In Bantry Bay
Sea-facing hotel in Bantry Bay, within one kilometer of beaches and five kilometers from Cape Town's Table Mountain cable station.
Guests can sunbathe at the poolside overlooking the Atlantic Ocean or wander along to stunning Clifton Beach. Rates include wireless Internet access.
Ambassador Hotel's sunny guestrooms offer modern décor and ocean views; all include satellite TV, air conditioning and minibars.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!
Ambassador Hotel Amenities
The Ambassador Hotel offers a roundtrip airport shuttle (surcharge) and complimentary valet parking. The hotel's pool area – set meters away from the rocks and sea – offers guests a private spot for sunbathing, and for enjoying the sounds of the ocean. Guests can also enjoy poolside barbecues here in the evening. Practical amenities at the hotel include a currency exchange service, pharmacy and delicatessen, as well as complimentary wireless Internet connections in public areas.
- Poolside bar
- Concierge services
- Use of nearby fitness center (discount)
- Multilingual staff
- Total number of rooms - 68
- 24-hour front desk
- Number of floors - 7
- Babysitting or childcare
- Laundry facilities
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Wedding services
- Coffee shop or café
- Complimentary newspapers in lobby
- Business center
- Outdoor pool
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Express check-in
- Rooftop terrace
- Luggage storage
- One meeting room
- Free valet parking
- Room service (limited hours)
- Number of restaurants - 2
- Conference center
- Snack bar/deli
- Smoke-free property
- Airport transportation (surcharge)
- Free Wi-Fi
Available in all rooms: Free Wi-Fi
Available in some public areas: Free Wi-Fi
Free valet parking
- Room Amenities
- Premium TV channels
- Air conditioning
- Climate control
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- Coffee/tea maker
- Daily housekeeping
- Private bathroom
- Complimentary toiletries
- Hair dryer
- Separate bathtub and shower
- In-room childcare (surcharge)
- Satellite TV service
- In-room safe
- Iron/ironing board (on request)
- Rollaway/extra beds available
- Cribs/infant beds available
- Separate dining area
- Private pool
- Complimentary newspaper
- Plasma TV
- Free Wi-Fi
Koi Restaurant - Contemporary Asian dining experience.
Vodka Bar - Guests can rent this space, as well as Koi restaurant, for events.
Voila! - This restaurant mixes a fresh European contemporary menu with unique and trendy decor. It offers a buzzing vibe with lounge music playing, and serves homemade bread and wood-fired gourmet pizzas. It also features an incredible high tea menu, where treats like red velvet cupcakes, fruit bars, meringues, and macaroons are served. Voila! is open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
There is a nine-hole golf course four kilometers from the hotel. The hotel also benefits from its proximity to the Clifton beaches, one kilometer away, where a range of beach and water sports including jet skiing, snorkeling, frisbee and volleyball are available. Camps Bay, three kilometers away, offers similar activities as well as a number of hiking trails along the mountains.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Golfing nearby
- Snorkeling nearby
- Surfing/boogie boarding nearby
- Windsurfing nearby
- Kayaking nearby
- Sailing nearby
- Scuba diving nearby
- Water skiing nearby
- Personal motorized watercraft on site
- Scooter/moped rentals nearby
- Mountain biking nearby
- Bicycle rentals nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Parasailing nearby
- Ecotours nearby
To make requests for specific accessibility needs, complete the “Special or Accessibility Requests" section of “Trip Preferences" when you book your hotel.
- In-room accessibility
Ambassador Hotel Policies & Fees
Check-in time starts at 2 PM
Check-out time is 11 AM
- Payment types
Accepted at this hotel: American Express, Diners Club, MasterCard, Visa
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
- The name on the credit card used at check-in to pay for incidentals must be the primary name on the guestroom reservation.
- The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
- Airport shuttle fee: ZAR 400
- Rollaway bed fee: ZAR 500 per night
Awards & Affiliations
- A Green / Sustainable Property - Third Party CertifiedThis property participates in Fair Trade in Tourism South Africa (FTTSA), a third-party certification program that has been independently certified. Third-party certification measures the property's impact on one or more of the following: environment, community, cultural-heritage, the local economy. An objective assessment of a company's sustainable tourism practices has been performed at this property by an auditor who is independent of the third-party certification program.
Quality Graded by the Tourism Grading Council of South Africa (TGCSA) – South Africa’s official quality assurance organization.