Book your room at Protea Hotel Breakwater Lodge
Twin Business SuiteMax Occupancy: 2 adults, 1 child
Universal Access DoubleMax Occupancy: 2 adults
Universal Access TwinMax Occupancy: 3 adults
Standard Double RoomMax Occupancy: 2 adults
Double Business SuiteMax Occupancy: 2 adults, 1 child
Family Triple RoomMax Occupancy: 4 adults
Cape Town eco-friendly hotel near Victoria and Alfred Waterfront
Situated in the city center, this eco-friendly hotel is close to Two Oceans Aquarium, Victoria and Alfred Waterfront, and Cape Town Stadium. Also nearby are Cape Town International Convention Centre and Greenmarket Square.
Protea Hotel Breakwater Lodge provides a full-service spa, a bar/lounge, a coffee shop/café, and a children's club.
Televisions come with satellite channels. Guestrooms also feature complimentary wireless Internet access, complimentary high-speed (wired) Internet access, and refrigerators.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!
Protea Hotel Breakwater Lodge
- At your hotel
Protea Hotel Breakwater Lodge features a full-service spa and a 24-hour fitness center. The hotel offers a coffee shop/café. A bar/lounge is on site where guests can unwind with a drink. High-speed wired and wireless Internet access is complimentary.
Business amenities at this 3.5-star property consist of a 24-hour business center, technology support staff, and audiovisual equipment. Event facilities measuring 1798 square feet (167 square meters) include a meeting/conference room, exhibit space, and banquet facilities. This eco-friendly hotel also offers spa services, a children's club, and tour/ticket assistance. For a surcharge, the property provides a roundtrip airport shuttle and an area shuttle. Limited onsite parking is available on a first-come, first-served basis (surcharge). A total renovation of this property was completed in November 2011.
Protea Hotel Breakwater Lodge has designated areas for smoking.
- 24-hour fitness facilities
- Babysitting or childcare (surcharge)
- Supervised childcare/activities (surcharge)
- Parking (surcharge)
- Exhibit space
- Banquet facilities
- Security guard
- 24-hour front desk
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Laundry facilities
- Audiovisual equipment
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Microwave in lobby
- Beauty services
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Air-conditioned public areas
- Coffee shop or café
- Complimentary newspapers in lobby
- Currency exchange
- Event catering
- Full-service health spa
- Free Wi-Fi
- Free wired high-speed Internet
- Technology support staff
- Designated smoking areas
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Children's club
- Total number of rooms - 191
- One meeting/conference room
- Parking limited (surcharge)
- Luggage storage
- Number of floors - 2
- Massage - spa treatment room(s)
- Medical assistance available
- Multilingual staff
- Room service
- 24-hour business center
- Meeting facilities size (feet) - 1798
- Meeting facilities size (meters) - 167
- Airport transportation (surcharge)
- Spa services on site
- Television in lobby
- Concierge services
- Secure parking
- Area shuttle (surcharge)
- Number of buildings/towers - 3
- Stay connected
Available in all rooms: Free Wi-Fi, Free wired high-speed Internet
Available in some public areas: Free Wi-Fi, Free wired high-speed Internet
- Park your car
Parking (surcharge), Secure parking, Parking limited (surcharge)
- In your room
- Air conditioning
- In-room safe (laptop compatible)
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Direct-dial phone
- Coffee/tea maker
- Daily housekeeping
- Hair dryer
- In-room massage available
- In-room childcare (surcharge)
- Iron/ironing board (on request)
- Satellite TV service
- Complimentary weekday newspaper
- Free Wi-Fi
- Free wired high-speed Internet
- Private bathroom
- Complimentary toiletries
- Cribs/infant beds (complimentary)
- Eat and drink
Hot/cold buffet breakfasts are available for a surcharge and are served each morning between 6:30 AM and 11 AM.
Time-Out Cafe - Overlooking the ocean, this restaurant serves lunch and dinner. Guests can enjoy drinks at the bar.
Stonebreakers - Overlooking the ocean, this buffet restaurant serves breakfast and lunch.
Room service is available.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or nearby; fees may apply.
- Golfing nearby
- Golf - miniature nearby
- Surfing/boogie boarding nearby
- Swimming nearby
- Sailing nearby
- Dock nearby
- Aerobics nearby
- Racquetball/squash nearby
- Tennis nearby
- Running track/path nearby
- Pilates classes/instruction nearby
- Yoga classes/instruction nearby
- Mountain biking nearby
- Bicycle rentals nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Scooter/moped rentals nearby
- Golf - driving range nearby
- Parasailing nearby
- Helicopter/airplane tours nearby
- Boat launch nearby
- Windsurfing nearby
Relax SPA has 2 treatment rooms. Services include deep-tissue massages, hot stone massages, sports massages, and Swedish massages. The spa is equipped with a steam room.
- Hot stone massage
- Deep tissue massage
- Swedish massage
- Steam room in spa
- Sports massage
- Number of treatment rooms 2
- Manicures and pedicures
- Body treatments
- Facial treatments
To make requests for specific accessibility needs, complete the “Special or Accessibility Requests" section of “Trip Preferences" when you book your hotel.
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible bathroom
- Accessible parking
The Fine Print for Protea Hotel Breakwater Lodge
- When you arrive
Check-in time starts at 2 PM
- When you leave
Check-out time is 10 AM
- How you can pay
Accepted at this hotel: American Express, Diners Club, MasterCard, Visa
- You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
- Unless otherwise indicated, the charges below are not included in the overall room price. If not included in the overall room price, they will be charged by the property at check-in or check-out. Charges can vary, for example, based on length of stay or the room you book. This property told us they will charge you for the following:
We have included all charges provided to us by the property. However, charges can vary, for example, based on length of stay or the room you book.The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- A city/local tax will be charged
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
- Self parking fee: ZAR 25 per day
- We Should Mention
Reservations are required for massage services and spa treatments. Reservations can be made by contacting the hotel prior to arrival, using the contact information on the booking confirmation. Children 12 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding.
Awards & Affiliations
- A Green / Sustainable Property - Third Party CertifiedThis property participates in Heritage Environmental Rating Scheme, a third-party certification program that has been independently certified. Third-party certification measures the property's impact on one or more of the following: environment, community, cultural-heritage, the local economy. An objective assessment of a company's sustainable tourism practices has been performed at this property by an auditor who is independent of the third-party certification program.