Please enter your travel dates.
Double Business Suite - Room Only
- One Queen Bed
Family Triple Room - Room Only
- One Queen Bed
Cape Town eco-friendly hotel near Victoria and Alfred Waterfront
Situated in the city center, this eco-friendly hotel is close to Two Oceans Aquarium, Victoria and Alfred Waterfront, and Cape Town Stadium. Also nearby are Cape Town International Convention Centre and Greenmarket Square.
Protea Hotel Breakwater Lodge provides a bar/lounge, a coffee shop/café, a children's club, and a 24-hour business center.
Televisions come with satellite channels. Guestrooms also feature wireless Internet access (surcharge), air conditioning, and laptop-compatible safes.
The hotel offers a coffee shop/café. A bar/lounge is on site where guests can unwind with a drink. Business amenities at this 3.5-star property consist of a 24-hour business center, technology support staff, and audiovisual equipment.
High-speed wireless Internet access is available for a surcharge. Event facilities measuring 1798 square feet (167 square meters) include a meeting/conference room, exhibit space, and banquet facilities. This eco-friendly hotel also offers a 24-hour fitness facility, a children's club, and tour/ticket assistance. For a surcharge, the property provides a roundtrip airport shuttle and an area shuttle. Limited onsite parking is available on a first-come, first-served basis (surcharge).
Protea Hotel Breakwater Lodge has designated areas for smoking.
- 24-hour fitness facilities
- Parking (surcharge)
- Exhibit space
- Banquet facilities
- Security guard
- 24-hour front desk
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Laundry facilities
- Audiovisual equipment
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Microwave in lobby
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Air-conditioned public areas
- Coffee shop or café
- Complimentary newspapers in lobby
- Event catering
- Wireless Internet access - surcharge
- Technology support staff
- Designated smoking areas
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Total number of rooms - 191
- Children's club
- One meeting/conference room
- Parking limited (surcharge)
- Luggage storage
- Number of floors - 2
- Medical assistance available
- Multilingual staff
- Room service
- Meeting facilities size (meters) - 167
- 24-hour business center
- Meeting facilities size (feet) - 1798
- Airport transportation (surcharge)
- Television in lobby
- Concierge services
- Secure parking
- Area shuttle (surcharge)
- Number of buildings/towers - 3
Available in all rooms: Wireless Internet access (surcharge)
Available in some public areas: Wireless Internet access - surcharge
Parking (surcharge), Secure parking, Parking limited (surcharge)
- Room Amenities
- Air conditioning
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- In-room safe (laptop compatible)
- Water view
- City view
- Mountain view
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Direct-dial phone
- Coffee/tea maker
- Wake-up calls
- Daily housekeeping
- Hair dryer
- Welcome amenities
- Window opens
- Satellite TV service
- Electronic/magnetic keys
- Iron/ironing board (on request)
- Cribs/infant beds available
- Complimentary weekday newspaper
- Wireless Internet access (surcharge)
- Private bathroom
- Complimentary toiletries
- Courtyard view
Hot/cold buffet breakfasts are available for a surcharge and are served each morning between 6:30 AM and 11 AM.
Time-Out Cafe - Overlooking the ocean and city, this restaurant serves lunch and dinner. Guests can enjoy drinks at the bar.
Stonebreakers - Overlooking the ocean and city, this buffet restaurant serves breakfast and lunch.
Room service is available.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or nearby; fees may apply.
- Golfing nearby
- Golf - miniature nearby
- Surfing/boogie boarding nearby
- Swimming nearby
- Dock nearby
- Sailing nearby
- Aerobics nearby
- Racquetball/squash nearby
- Tennis nearby
- Running track/path nearby
- Pilates classes/instruction nearby
- Yoga classes/instruction nearby
- Bicycle rentals nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Scooter/moped rentals nearby
- Mountain biking nearby
- Golf - driving range nearby
- Parasailing nearby
- Helicopter/airplane tours nearby
- Boat launch nearby
- Windsurfing nearby
To make requests for specific accessibility needs, complete the “Special or Accessibility Requests" section of “Trip Preferences" when you book your hotel.
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible bathroom
- Accessible parking
Policies & Fees
Check-in time starts at 2 PM
Check-out time is 10 AM
- Payment types
Accepted at this hotel: American Express, Diners Club, MasterCard, Visa
Pets not allowed
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
Caters to families
Caters to groups
- Unless otherwise indicated, the charges below are not included in the overall room price. If not included in the overall room price, they will be charged by the property at check-in or check-out. Charges can vary, for example, based on length of stay or the room you book. This property told us they will charge you for the following:
We have included all charges provided to us by the property. However, charges can vary, for example, based on length of stay or the room you book.The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- A city/local tax will be charged
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
- Self parking fee: ZAR 25 per day
- Additional Details
Children 12 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding.
Awards & Affiliations
- A Green / Sustainable Property - Third Party CertifiedThis property participates in Heritage Environmental Rating Scheme, a third-party certification program that has been independently certified. Third-party certification measures the property's impact on one or more of the following: environment, community, cultural-heritage, the local economy. An objective assessment of a company's sustainable tourism practices has been performed at this property by an auditor who is independent of the third-party certification program.