Availability: Protea Hotel Breakwater Lodge
Twin Business SuiteMax Occupancy: 3 guests (up to 2 children, 2 infants)
Family Triple RoomMax Occupancy: 4 guests (up to 2 children, 2 infants)
Standard Double RoomMax Occupancy: 2 guests (up to 1 child, 1 infant)
Universal Access TwinMax Occupancy: 3 guests (up to 2 children, 2 infants)
Universal Access DoubleMax Occupancy: 2 guests (up to 1 child, 1 infant)
Double Business SuiteMax Occupancy: 3 guests (up to 2 children, 2 infants)
Cape Town eco-friendly hotel near Victoria and Alfred Waterfront
Situated in the city center, this eco-friendly hotel is close to Two Oceans Aquarium, Victoria and Alfred Waterfront, and Cape Town Stadium. Also nearby are Cape Town International Convention Centre and Greenmarket Square.
In addition to a restaurant, Protea Hotel Breakwater Lodge features a fitness center. Other amenities include a full-service spa and a bar/lounge.
Televisions come with satellite channels. Guestrooms also feature complimentary wireless Internet access, refrigerators, and air conditioning.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!
Protea Hotel Breakwater Lodge Amenities
Protea Hotel Breakwater Lodge features a full-service spa and a fitness center. The hotel offers a restaurant and a coffee shop/café. A bar/lounge is on site where guests can unwind with a drink. High-speed wired and wireless Internet access is complimentary.
Business-related amenities at this 3.5-star property consist of a 24-hour business center and a meeting/conference room. Event facilities measure 1798 square feet (167 square meters). This eco-friendly hotel also offers spa services, a children's club, and tour/ticket assistance. For a surcharge, the property provides a roundtrip airport shuttle and an area shuttle. Onsite parking is available (surcharge). A total renovation of this property was completed in November 2011.
Protea Hotel Breakwater Lodge has designated areas for smoking.
- Babysitting or childcare (surcharge)
- Supervised childcare/activities (surcharge)
- 24-hour front desk
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Laundry facilities
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Coffee shop or café
- Complimentary newspapers in lobby
- Fitness facilities
- Full-service health spa
- Designated smoking areas
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Free Wi-Fi
- Free wired high-speed Internet
- One meeting room
- Luggage storage
- Children's club
- Total number of rooms - 191
- Number of floors - 2
- Massage - spa treatment room(s)
- Multilingual staff
- Room service
- 24-hour business center
- Meeting facilities size (feet) - 1798
- Meeting facilities size (meters) - 167
- Self parking (surcharge)
- Airport transportation (surcharge)
- Spa services on site
- Television in lobby
- Concierge services
- Area shuttle (surcharge)
- Number of buildings/towers - 3
Available in all rooms: Free Wi-Fi
Available in some public areas: Free Wi-Fi , Free wired high-speed Internet
Self parking (surcharge)
- Room Amenities
- In-room safe (laptop compatible)
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- Air conditioning
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Coffee/tea maker
- Daily housekeeping
- Hair dryer
- In-room massage available
- In-room childcare (surcharge)
- Iron/ironing board (on request)
- Satellite TV service
- Complimentary weekday newspaper
- Free Wi-Fi
- Private bathroom
- Complimentary toiletries
- Cribs/infant beds (complimentary)
- Connecting / adjoining rooms available
Buffet breakfasts are available for a surcharge and are served each morning between 6:30 AM and 10 AM.
Stonebreakers Restaurant - This restaurant specializes in local cuisine and serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Guests can enjoy drinks at the bar.
Room service is available.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or nearby; fees may apply.
- Golfing nearby
- Surfing/boogie boarding nearby
- Sailing nearby
- Scooter/moped rentals nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Mountain biking nearby
- Bicycle rentals nearby
- Parasailing nearby
- Windsurfing nearby
Relax SPA has 2 treatment rooms. Services include deep-tissue massages, hot stone massages, sports massages, and Swedish massages.
- Hot stone massage
- Deep tissue massage
- Swedish massage
- Sports massage
- Number of treatment rooms 2
- Manicures and pedicures
- Body treatments
- Facial treatments
To make requests for specific accessibility needs, complete the “Special or Accessibility Requests" section of “Trip Preferences" when you book your hotel.
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible bathroom
- Accessible parking
Protea Hotel Breakwater Lodge Policies & Fees
Check-in time starts at 2 PM
Check-out time is 11 AM
- Payment types
Accepted at this hotel: American Express, Diners Club, MasterCard, Visa
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
- Unless otherwise indicated, the charges below are not included in the overall room price. If not included in the overall room price, they will be charged by the property at check-in or check-out. Charges can vary, for example, based on length of stay or the room you book. This property told us they will charge you for the following:
We have included all charges provided to us by the property. However, charges can vary, for example, based on length of stay or the room you book.The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- A city/local tax will be charged
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
- Self parking fee: ZAR 25 per day
- Additional Details
Reservations are required for massage services and spa treatments. Reservations can be made by contacting the hotel prior to arrival, using the contact information on the booking confirmation. Children 12 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding. The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation.
Awards & Affiliations
- A Green / Sustainable Property - Third Party CertifiedThis property participates in Heritage Environmental Rating Scheme, a third-party certification program that has been independently certified. Third-party certification measures the property's impact on one or more of the following: environment, community, cultural-heritage, the local economy. An objective assessment of a company's sustainable tourism practices has been performed at this property by an auditor who is independent of the third-party certification program.