Availability: Protea Hotel Fire & Ice Cape Town
Standard Twin RoomMax Occupancy: 2 guests (up to 1 child, 1 infant)
Standard Double RoomMax Occupancy: 2 guests (up to 1 child, 1 infant)
Superior RoomMax Occupancy: 2 guests (up to 1 child, 1 infant)
Executive Suite, 1 BedroomMax Occupancy: 2 guests (up to 1 child, 1 infant)
Executive Suite, 2 BedroomsMax Occupancy: 4 guests (up to 2 children, 2 infants)
4-star Art Deco hotel in Cape Town (City Bowl) near South African National Gallery
Located in the heart of Cape Town, this hotel is near the beach and within walking distance of South African Museum and Planetarium and Company Gardens. Also nearby are South African National Gallery and Greenmarket Square.
In addition to a restaurant, Protea Hotel Fire & Ice Cape Town features an outdoor pool. Other amenities include a full-service spa and a poolside bar.
Flat-screen televisions come with satellite channels. Guestrooms also feature complimentary wireless Internet access, iPod docking stations, and air conditioning.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!
Protea Hotel Fire & Ice Cape Town Amenities
In addition to a full-service spa, Protea Hotel Fire & Ice Cape Town features an outdoor pool and a health club. Dining options at the hotel include a restaurant and a coffee shop/café. Guests can unwind with a drink at one of the hotel's bars, which include a poolside bar and a bar/lounge. A computer station is located on site and high-speed wireless Internet access is complimentary.
This 4-star property offers access to a business center and limo/town car service. Event facilities include a conference center and conference/meeting rooms. This Art Deco hotel also offers a rooftop terrace, spa services, and tour/ticket assistance. For a surcharge, the property provides a roundtrip airport shuttle (available on request), a beach shuttle, and an area shuttle. Parking is available onsite for a surcharge.
Protea Hotel Fire & Ice Cape Town has designated areas for smoking.
- 24-hour front desk
- Babysitting or childcare (surcharge)
- Airport transportation (surcharge)
- Number of floors - 5
- Coffee/tea in lobby
- Coffee shop or café
- Conference space
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Express check-in
- Express check-out
- Full-service spa
- Casino shuttle (surcharge)
- Beach shuttle (surcharge)
- Designated smoking areas
- Business center
- Total number of rooms - 201
- Health club
- Area shuttle (surcharge)
- Rooftop terrace
- Luggage storage
- Laundry facilities
- Limo or Town Car service available
- Multilingual staff
- Train station pickup (surcharge)
- Self parking (surcharge)
- Pool sun loungers
- RV, bus, truck parking (surcharge)
- Free parking nearby
- Number of meeting rooms - 5
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Television in lobby
- Complimentary newspapers in lobby
- Shopping center shuttle (surcharge)
- Computer station
- Free Wi-Fi
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Spa treatment room(s)
- Poolside bar
- Room service (24 hours)
- Year Built 2006
- Conference center
- Number of buildings/towers - 2
- Spa services on site
- Outdoor pool
Available in all rooms: Free Wi-Fi
Available in some public areas: Free Wi-Fi
Self parking (surcharge), RV, bus, truck parking (surcharge), Free parking nearby
- Room Amenities
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Air conditioning
- Coffee/tea maker
- Complimentary bottled water
- Daily housekeeping
- Private bathroom
- Complimentary toiletries
- Hair dryer
- Shower only
- In-room childcare (surcharge)
- Iron/ironing board (on request)
- Satellite TV service
- Cribs/infant beds available
- Premium bedding
- Flat-panel TV
- Free Wi-Fi
- iPod docking station
- Climate control
- In-room massage available
- Complimentary newspaper
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- In-room safe (laptop compatible)
Full breakfasts are available for a surcharge and are served each morning between 6 AM and 10:30 AM.
Onsite dining venue - This restaurant serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Guests can enjoy drinks at the bar.
24-hour room service is available.
Recreational amenities at the hotel include an outdoor pool and a health club.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or nearby; fees may apply.
- Golfing nearby
- Surfing/boogie boarding nearby
- Kayaking nearby
- Windsurfing nearby
- Scuba diving nearby
- Mountain biking nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Skydiving nearby
- Parasailing nearby
- Snorkeling nearby
- Sailing nearby
- Bicycle rentals on site
- Scooter/moped rentals on site
- Boat tours nearby
Hilton Spa Boutique has 7 treatment rooms including rooms for couples. Services include massages, facials, body wraps, and body scrubs. A variety of treatment therapies are provided, including aromatherapy.
The spa is open select days.
- Number of treatment rooms 7
- Couples treatment rooms
- Body wraps
- Body scrubs
- Aromatherapy treatments
- Body treatments
- Manicures and pedicures
- Facial treatments
- Accessibility equipment for the deaf
- Accessible bathroom
- Accessible path of travel
- Braille or raised signage
- Accessible parking
- In-room accessibility
- Roll-in shower
Protea Hotel Fire & Ice Cape Town Policies & Fees
Check-in time starts at 2 PM
Check-out time is 11 AM
- Payment types
Accepted at this hotel: American Express, Diners Club, MasterCard, Visa
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
Parking height restrictions apply
- Unless otherwise indicated, the charges below are not included in the overall room price. If not included in the overall room price, they will be charged by the property at check-in or check-out. Charges can vary, for example, based on length of stay or the room you book. This property told us they will charge you for the following:
We have included all charges provided to us by the property. However, charges can vary, for example, based on length of stay or the room you book.The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- A city/local tax will be charged
- 1 percent tourism fee will be charged
- Breakfast fee: ZAR 165 per person (approximately)
- Airport shuttle fee: ZAR 300 per vehicle (one way)
- Self parking fee: ZAR 40 per night
- Additional Details
This property offers transfers from the airport and train station (surcharges may apply). Guests must contact the property with arrival details before travel, using the contact information on the booking confirmation. Reservations are required for massage services and spa treatments. Reservations can be made by contacting the hotel prior to arrival, using the contact information on the booking confirmation.
Quality Graded by the Tourism Grading Council of South Africa (TGCSA) – South Africa’s official quality assurance organization.