Availability: Protea Hotel Island Club
Deluxe RoomMax Occupancy: 3 guests (up to 2 children, 2 infants)
Superior DeluxeMax Occupancy: 3 guests (up to 2 children, 2 infants)
4-star hotel with an outdoor pool in Cape Town (Blaauwberg Coast)
This hotel is located in Cape Town (Blaauwberg Coast), near the airport, Canal Walk, Ratanga Junction, and Intaka Island Bird Sanctuary. Local attractions also include Canal Walk Shopping Centre and Sunset Beach.
In addition to a restaurant, Protea Hotel Island Club features an indoor pool. Other amenities include a conference center and complimentary high-speed (wired) Internet access.
In addition to satellite television, guestrooms include beds with pillowtop mattresses, kitchenettes, and complimentary high-speed (wired) Internet access.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!
Protea Hotel Island Club Amenities
In addition to an indoor pool, Protea Hotel Island Club provides an outdoor pool and a fitness center. The hotel offers a restaurant. A complimentary breakfast is offered each morning. Wired high-speed Internet access is complimentary.
Event facilities include a conference center and a meeting/conference room. This Cape Town hotel also offers concierge services, complimentary newspapers in the lobby, and laundry facilities. For a surcharge, the property provides a shuttle from the hotel to the airport (available on request) and an area shuttle. Complimentary self parking is available on site.
Protea Hotel Island Club has designated areas for smoking.
- 24-hour front desk
- Airport transportation - drop-off (surcharge)
- Total number of rooms - 23
- Number of floors - 2
- Indoor pool (heated)
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Complimentary newspapers in lobby
- Free breakfast
- Concierge services
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Fitness facilities
- Designated smoking areas
- Designated smoking areas (fines apply)
- Free wired high-speed Internet
- Laundry facilities
- One meeting room
- Room service (limited hours)
- Free self parking
- Conference center
- Year Built 2004
- Area shuttle (surcharge)
- Number of buildings/towers - 2
- Outdoor pool
Available in all rooms: Free wired high-speed Internet
Available in some public areas: Free wired high-speed Internet
Free self parking
- Room Amenities
- Premium bedding
- Complimentary newspaper
- Complimentary bottled water
- Coffee/tea maker
- Daily housekeeping
- Complimentary toiletries
- Hair dryer
- Separate bathtub and shower
- In-room safe
- Iron/ironing board (on request)
- Rollaway/extra beds available
- Cookware, dishware, and utensils
- Satellite TV service
- Free wired high-speed Internet
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- Air conditioning
- Partially open bathroom
- Cribs/infant beds (complimentary)
- Pillowtop mattress
A complimentary breakfast is served each morning between 6:30 AM and 10:30 AM.
Onsite dining venue - This restaurant specializes in local cuisine and serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
Room service (during limited hours) is available.
An indoor pool and an outdoor pool are on site. Other recreational amenities include a fitness center.
Children under 16 years old are not allowed in the swimming pool or fitness facility without adult supervision. Guests under 16 years old are not allowed in the swimming pool.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or nearby; fees may apply.
- Golfing nearby
- Snorkeling nearby
- Surfing/boogie boarding nearby
- Rafting nearby
- Kayaking nearby
- Sailing nearby
- Scuba diving nearby
- Water skiing nearby
- Windsurfing nearby
- Mountain biking nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Scooter/moped rentals nearby
- Bicycle rentals nearby
- Parasailing nearby
- Golf lessons available nearby
- Playground on site
To make requests for specific accessibility needs, complete the “Special or Accessibility Requests" section of “Trip Preferences" when you book your hotel.
- Accessible bathroom
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible parking
- In-room accessibility
Protea Hotel Island Club Policies & Fees
Check-in time starts at 2 PM
Check-in time ends at 2 PM
Check-out time is 11 AM
- Payment types
Accepted at this hotel: American Express, Diners Club, MasterCard, Visa
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
Only service dogs are allowed
Debit cards only
- Unless otherwise indicated, the charges below are not included in the overall room price. If not included in the overall room price, they will be charged by the property at check-in or check-out. Charges can vary, for example, based on length of stay or the room you book. This property told us they will charge you for the following:
We have included all charges provided to us by the property. However, charges can vary, for example, based on length of stay or the room you book.The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- 1 percent tourism fee will be charged
- All citizens of South Africa will be charged the national value-added tax
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
- Breakfast fee: ZAR 145 per person (approximately)
- Airport shuttle fee: ZAR 350 per person (one way)
- Deposit: ZAR 200 per stay
- Additional Details
This property offers transfers from the airport (surcharges may apply). Guests must contact the property with arrival details before travel, using the contact information on the booking confirmation. Children 12 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding.
Quality Graded by the Tourism Grading Council of South Africa (TGCSA) – South Africa’s official quality assurance organization.