Please enter your travel dates.
Deluxe Room - Breakfast Included
- One King and One Sofa Bed
Superior Deluxe - Breakfast Included
- One King and One Sofa Bed
4-star hotel with an outdoor pool in Cape Town (Blaauwberg Coast)
This hotel is located in Cape Town (Blaauwberg Coast), near the airport, Canal Walk, Ratanga Junction, and Intaka Island Bird Sanctuary. Local attractions also include Canal Walk Shopping Centre and Sunset Beach.
In addition to a restaurant, Protea Hotel Island Club features an indoor pool. Other amenities include a conference center and complimentary high-speed (wired) Internet access.
In addition to satellite television, guestrooms include beds with pillowtop mattresses, kitchenettes, and complimentary high-speed (wired) Internet access.
In addition to an indoor pool, Protea Hotel Island Club provides an outdoor pool and a fitness facility. The hotel offers a restaurant. A complimentary breakfast is offered each morning. Wired high-speed Internet access is complimentary.
Event facilities include a conference center, a meeting/conference room, and banquet facilities. This Cape Town hotel also offers concierge services, complimentary newspapers in the lobby, and laundry facilities. For a surcharge, the property provides a shuttle from the hotel to the airport (available on request) and an area shuttle. Complimentary parking is available on site.
Protea Hotel Island Club has designated areas for smoking.
- 24-hour front desk
- Air-conditioned public areas
- Airport transportation - drop-off (surcharge)
- Total number of rooms - 23
- Number of floors - 2
- Swimming pool - indoor (heated)
- Banquet facilities
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Complimentary newspapers in lobby
- Free breakfast
- Concierge services
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Fitness facilities
- Designated smoking areas
- Free wired high-speed Internet
- Designated smoking areas (fines apply)
- Dial-up Internet access - complimentary
- Laundry facilities
- One meeting/conference room
- Free parking
- Free guest parking during stay
- Room service (limited hours)
- Year Built 2004
- Area shuttle (surcharge)
- Conference center
- Free secure outdoor parking
- Security guard
- Number of buildings/towers - 2
- Swimming pool - outdoor
Available in all rooms: Free wired high-speed Internet
Available in some public areas: Free wired high-speed Internet
Free parking, Free guest parking during stay, Free secure outdoor parking
- Room Amenities
- Premium bedding
- Complimentary newspaper
- Direct-dial phone
- Complimentary bottled water
- Coffee/tea maker
- Daily housekeeping
- Complimentary toiletries
- Hair dryer
- Separate bathtub and shower
- Makeup/shaving mirror
- Electronic/magnetic keys
- Iron/ironing board (on request)
- Window opens
- Clock radio
- In-room safe
- Rollaway/extra beds available
- Cookware, dishware, and utensils
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- Satellite TV service
- Free wired high-speed Internet
- Air conditioning
- Partially open bathroom
- Free movie channels
- Pillowtop mattress
- Cribs/infant beds (complimentary)
A complimentary breakfast is served each morning in the restaurant between 6:30 AM and 10:30 AM.
Onsite dining venue - This restaurant specializes in local cuisine and serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
In-room dining choices include lunch and dinner, available from room service (during limited hours).
An indoor pool and an outdoor pool are on site. Other recreational amenities include a fitness facility.
Children under 16 years old are not allowed in the swimming pool or fitness facility without adult supervision. Guests under 16 years old are not allowed in the swimming pool.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or nearby; fees may apply.
- Golfing nearby
- Golf - driving range nearby
- Golf - miniature nearby
- Ice skating nearby
- Windsurfing nearby
- Boat launch nearby
- Snorkeling nearby
- Boating nearby
- Surfing/boogie boarding nearby
- Dock nearby
- Rafting nearby
- Rowing or canoeing nearby
- Rowboats nearby
- Kayaking nearby
- Sailing nearby
- Scuba diving nearby
- Water skiing nearby
- Motor boating nearby
- Aerobics nearby
- Volleyball nearby
- Basketball nearby
- Racquetball/squash nearby
- Tennis nearby
- Sports center nearby
- Pilates classes/instruction nearby
- Yoga classes/instruction nearby
- Bicycle rentals nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Scooter/moped rentals nearby
- Mountain biking nearby
- Parasailing nearby
- Helicopter/airplane tours nearby
- Horse riding/rental nearby
- Fishing nearby
- Bird watching nearby
- Golf lessons available nearby
- Playground on site
- Running track/path on site
- Swimming on site
To make requests for specific accessibility needs, complete the “Special or Accessibility Requests" section of “Trip Preferences" when you book your hotel.
- Accessible bathroom
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible parking
- In-room accessibility
Policies & Fees
Check-in time starts at 2 PM
Check-in time ends at 2 PM
Check-out time is 11 AM
- Payment types
Accepted at this hotel: American Express, Diners Club, MasterCard, Visa
Pets not allowed
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
Only service dogs are allowed
Debit cards only
- Unless otherwise indicated, the charges below are not included in the overall room price. If not included in the overall room price, they will be charged by the property at check-in or check-out. Charges can vary, for example, based on length of stay or the room you book. This property told us they will charge you for the following:
We have included all charges provided to us by the property. However, charges can vary, for example, based on length of stay or the room you book.The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- 1 percent tourism fee will be charged
- All citizens of South Africa will be charged the national value-added tax
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
- Breakfast fee: ZAR 145 per person (approximately)
- Airport shuttle fee: ZAR 350 per person (one way)
- Deposit: ZAR 200 per stay
- Additional Details
This property offers transfers from the airport (surcharges may apply). Guests must contact the property with arrival details before travel, using the contact information on the booking confirmation. Children 12 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding.
Quality Graded by the Tourism Grading Council of South Africa (TGCSA) – South Africa’s official quality assurance organization.