Book your room at Protea Hotel President
Standard Sea Side DoubleMax Occupancy: 2 guests (up to 1 child, 1 infant)
Standard Sea Side TwinMax Occupancy: 2 guests (up to 1 child, 1 infant)
1 Bedroom Apartment Mountain Side DoubleMax Occupancy: 4 guests (up to 3 children, 2 infants)
1 Bedroom Apartment Sea Side DoubleMax Occupancy: 4 guests (up to 3 children, 2 infants)
Standard Mountain Side TwinMax Occupancy: 2 guests (up to 1 child, 1 infant)
2 Bedroom Apartment 1 BathroomMax Occupancy: 6 guests (up to 5 children, 2 infants)
2 Bedroom Apartment 2 BathroomsMax Occupancy: 6 guests (up to 5 children, 2 infants)
4-star hotel with an outdoor pool in Cape Town (Atlantic Seaboard)
This hotel is located in Cape Town (Atlantic Seaboard), close to the beach, Sea Point Swimming Pool, Sea Point Pavillion, and Milton Beach. Also nearby are Lions Head and Clifton Bay Beach.
In addition to a restaurant, Protea Hotel President features an outdoor pool. Other amenities include a poolside bar and a bar/lounge.
Plasma televisions come with satellite channels. Guestrooms also feature kitchenettes, refrigerators, and microwaves.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!
In addition to an outdoor pool, Protea Hotel President provides a 24-hour fitness center and a children's pool. The hotel offers a restaurant. Guests can unwind with a drink at one of the hotel's bars, which include a poolside bar and a bar/lounge. A computer station is located on site and high-speed wireless Internet access is complimentary.
Event facilities include a conference center and a meeting room. This business-friendly hotel also offers tour/ticket assistance, barbecue grills, and multilingual staff. For a surcharge, the property provides an area shuttle within 5 km and a roundtrip airport shuttle (available 24 hours). Onsite parking is available (surcharge).
Protea Hotel President has designated areas for smoking.
- Pool sun loungers
- 24-hour fitness facilities
- Shopping center shuttle (surcharge)
- Designated smoking areas (fines apply)
- Area shuttle (surcharge)
- Free Wi-Fi
- Babysitting or childcare (surcharge)
- Outdoor pool
- Poolside bar
- Children's pool
- Complimentary newspapers in lobby
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Room service (24 hours)
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- 24-hour front desk
- Hair salon
- Gift shops or newsstand
- Laundry facilities
- Barbecue grill(s)
- Coffee/tea in lobby
- Shopping on site
- Total number of rooms - 349
- One meeting room
- Luggage storage
- Number of floors - 6
- Spa treatment room(s)
- Multilingual staff
- Self parking (surcharge)
- Airport transportation (surcharge)
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Computer station
- Designated smoking areas
- Beach/pool umbrellas
- Year Built 1997
- Conference center
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
- Wedding services
Available in all rooms: Wireless internet access ( 30 ZAR per 30 minutes surcharge )
Available in some public areas: Free Wi-Fi
Self parking (surcharge)
- Complimentary bottled water
- Plasma TV
- Cribs/infant beds (complimentary)
- Air conditioning
- Daily housekeeping
- Complimentary toiletries
- Hair dryer
- Satellite TV service
- Iron/ironing board (on request)
- Coffee/tea maker
- Wireless Internet access (surcharge)
- In-room massage available
- Climate control
- Private bathroom (not in room)
- In-room safe (laptop compatible)
Where to Eat
Buffet breakfasts are available for a surcharge and are served each morning between 6:30 AM and 10:30 AM.
Islands Restaurant - This restaurant is located by the pool. A children's menu is available.
24-hour room service is available.
Nearby Things to Do
An outdoor pool and a children's pool are on site. Other recreational amenities include a 24-hour fitness center.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or nearby; fees may apply.
- Golfing nearby
- Snorkeling nearby
- Surfing/boogie boarding nearby
- Kayaking nearby
- Sailing nearby
- Scuba diving nearby
- Water skiing nearby
- Windsurfing nearby
- Mountain biking nearby
- Bicycle rentals nearby
- Scooter/moped rentals nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Skydiving nearby
- Parasailing nearby
- Ecotours nearby
- Golf lessons available nearby
- Manicures and pedicures
To make requests for specific accessibility needs, complete the “Special or Accessibility Requests" section of “Trip Preferences" when you book your hotel.
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible bathroom
- Accessible parking
- In-room accessibility
Check-in time starts at 2 PM
Check-out time is 11 AM
Accepted at this hotel: American Express, Diners Club, MasterCard, Visa
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
- 1 percent tourism fee will be charged
- Breakfast fee: ZAR 155 per person (approximately)
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: ZAR 30 (for 30 minutes, rates may vary)
- Fee for wireless Internet in public areas: ZAR 30 (for 30 minutes, rates may vary)
- Airport shuttle fee: ZAR 330 per person (one way)
- Self parking fee: ZAR 50 per night (in/out privileges)
- Deposit: ZAR 350 per stay
We should mention
This property offers transfers from the airport (surcharges may apply). Guests must contact the property with arrival details 24 hours prior to arrival, using the contact information on the booking confirmation. A resort fee is included in the total price displayed.
Quality Graded by the Tourism Grading Council of South Africa (TGCSA) – South Africa’s official quality assurance organization.