Please enter your travel dates.
Celebrated Arenal Area hotel surrounded by the Costa Rican Rainforest
Stunning luxury resort features a natural spring, direct access to Rainforest trails and a fully working farm supplying fresh food for guests. Escape into the jungle for a life changing experience.
Chachagua accommodations are built to incorporate the sounds and experiences of the rainforest. Most rooms’ feature large balconies, rainforest showers and custom built furnishings.
Chachagua features free high speed internet throughout the property, a luxury in the rainforests of Costa Rica. Every day, we welcome our guests to a happy hour at the bar.
The Chachagua Rainforest Hotel and Hacienda is a one-of-a-kind property located in the heart of the rainforest of Costa Rica. The property features luxurious accommodations, a wonderful restaurant, free wireless internet and access to Costa Rica’s greatest environmental treasures.
Following a renovation that was completed in 2011, the property committed itself to a sustainable operation. Furniture throughout the resort was developed on property using native materials and built by a master craftsman. Food served in the restaurant is sourced first from the property farm, and the experience is built to connect guests with their surroundings. At night, guests are treated to a symphony of sounds from the rainforest, and during the day they are able to experience the frequent environmental changes.
- Free outdoor parking
- Babysitting or childcare (surcharge)
- Free self parking
- Room service (limited hours)
- Free breakfast
- Front desk (limited hours)
- Gift shops or newsstand
- Free Wi-Fi
- Total number of rooms - 28
- One meeting/conference room
- Swimming pool - outdoor
- Year Built 1995
Available in all rooms: Free Wi-Fi
Available in some public areas: Free Wi-Fi
Free outdoor parking, Free self parking
- Room Amenities
- Private spa tub
- Cribs/infant beds (complimentary)
- Connecting / adjoining rooms available
- Rollaway/extra beds available
- Ceiling fan
- Private bathroom
- Access via exterior corridors
- Free local calls
- Handheld showerhead
- Shower only
- Rainfall showerhead
- Window opens
- Free Wi-Fi
- Individually furnished
- Individually decorated
- River view
- Mountain view
- Courtyard view
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or nearby; fees may apply.
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Mountain biking nearby
- Horse riding/rental nearby
- Fishing nearby
- Swimming on site
To make requests for specific accessibility needs, complete the “Special or Accessibility Requests" section of “Trip Preferences" when you book your hotel.
- Accessible bathroom
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible parking
- In-room accessibility
Policies & Fees
Check-in time starts at 2 PM
Check-in time ends at 9 PM
Special check-in instructions:
Front desk is open from 6 AM to 9 PM. In case of late arrivals, the security guard will provide guests with the keys of their accommodations. Check-in will be done the following day.
Check-out time is noon
- Payment types
Accepted at this hotel: American Express, Diners Club, MasterCard, Visa
Pets not allowed
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
Only service dogs are allowed
- The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
- Rollaway bed fee: USD 20 per night
- Additional Details
Children 11 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding. The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation.
Awards & Affiliations
- A Green / Sustainable Property - Third Party CertifiedThis property participates in Certification for Sustainable Tourism (CST), a third-party certification program that has been independently certified. Third-party certification measures the property's impact on one or more of the following: environment, community, cultural-heritage, the local economy. An objective assessment of a company's sustainable tourism practices has been performed at this property by an auditor who is independent of the third-party certification program.