Book your room at King Charles Inn
Please enter your travel dates.
Traditional Guestroom with Two Double Beds
- 2 double
Traditional One Queen Guestroom
- 1 queen
Traditional King Guestroom
- 1 king
Deluxe King Guestroom
- 1 king
Charleston Hotel in the heart of Historic Downtown
VIP Access™ Hotel
We carefully hand-picked this hotel based on its dedication to service and excellent guest reviews.
At VIP Access hotels, Expedia Elite Plus© members receive free room upgrades and other perks upon availability at check-in.See details
Epicenter of Charleston
Perfectly located on Meeting Street in the heart of Historic Charleston. Just one block to the famous market and within close proximity to restaurants, shopping, historic sites and colleges.
The Best Western King Charles Inn features complimentary parking, a beautiful outdoor pool and sundeck, complimentary access to a state-of-the-art fitness center, and an evening manager's reception.
Featuring 91 luxurious and beautifully appointed brand new guest rooms. All rooms feature 32" LCD TVs, an innovative iHome clock radio with iPod docking station, and wireless internet.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!
King Charles Inn
- The Overview
Set among some of the city's legendary historical structures, this Best Western is in the heart of Charleston's Historic District. Built where The Pavilion Hotel (circa 1830) once stood, this three-story inn retains a few foundations and cornerstones from the time Edgar Allan Poe regularly retreated there while a soldier stationed at Fort Moultrie. br/ The Best Western King Charles Inn staff can arrange walking tours, carriage tours, and dinner reservations for local restaurants. br/ Amenities include access to a state of the art fitness center next to the hotel ($5), a seasonal outdoor pool and sundeck, and a restaurant that serves breakfast. Wireless Internet access throughout the inn and guest parking are complimentary. br/ This hotel is nonsmoking.
- Swimming pool - outdoor seasonal
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Concierge services
- Business services
- 24-hour front desk
- Total number of rooms - 91
- Number of floors - 4
- Tour assistance
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Fireplace in lobby
- Coffee/tea in lobby
- Air-conditioned public areas
- Year Built 1958
- Free parking
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Coffee shop or café
- Express check-out
- Swimming pool - outdoor
- Luggage storage
- Express check-in
- Rooftop terrace
- Complimentary reception
- Self parking
- Television in lobby
- Use of nearby fitness center (discount)
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Free Wi-Fi
- 24-hour business center
- Smoke-free property
- Smoke-free property (fines apply)
Available in all rooms: Free Wi-Fi
Available in some public areas: Free Wi-Fi
Free parking, Self parking
- The Room
- Premium TV channels
- Climate control
- Coffee/tea maker
- Complimentary newspaper
- Free local calls
- Hair dryer
- Designer toiletries
- Cribs/infant beds available
- Iron/ironing board
- Extra towels/bedding
- Direct-dial phone
- Daily housekeeping
- Rollaway/extra beds available
- In-room safe
- Premium bedding
- Flat-panel TV
- Free Wi-Fi
- Private bathroom
- Cable TV service
- iPod docking station
- Pillowtop mattress
- The Eats
A complimentary manager's reception is provided each evening in the library-like upper lobby; hors d'oeuvres are served.
- Out and About
The inn features a seasonal outdoor pool and sundeck and offers access to a state of the art fitness center next-door to the hotel ($5).
Founded in 1670 and featuring 3,500 antique structures, Charleston's well-preserved past is easily explored on foot. A half-mile from this Best Western and overlooking the city's harbor, a walkway along the Battery seawall passes grand antebellum homes in one direction and Atlantic seascapes in the other. Walking tours abound, from churchyards with centuries-old headstones to plantation gardens and swamps.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the inn; fees may apply.
- Yoga classes/instruction nearby
- Basketball nearby
- Bicycle rentals nearby
- Fishing nearby
- Ecotours nearby
To make requests for specific accessibility needs, complete the “Special or Accessibility Requests" section of “Trip Preferences" when you book your hotel.
- Accessibility equipment for the deaf
- Accessible bathroom
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible parking
- In-room accessibility
The Fine Print for King Charles Inn
Check-in time starts at 4 PM
Minimum check-in age is 21
Check-out time is 11 AM
Accepted at this hotel: Diners Club, Discover, MasterCard, Visa, American Express
- You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
- Unless otherwise indicated, the charges below are not included in the overall room price. If not included in the overall room price, they will be charged by the property at check-in or check-out. Charges can vary, for example, based on length of stay or the room you book. This property told us they will charge you for the following:
We have included all charges provided to us by the property. However, charges can vary, for example, based on length of stay or the room you book.
- Tourism fee: USD 1.08 per accommodation, per night
- We Should Mention
Children 16 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding.
Awards & Affiliations
- A Green / Sustainable Property - First Party CertifiedThis property has performed a self-assessment, also known as First Party certification, of its sustainable tourism practices through South Carolina Green Hospitality Alliance thus taking steps to understand its impact on one or more of the following: environment, community, cultural-heritage, the local economy. The property's claims have not been independently verified by a second or third party certification program.