Please enter your travel dates.
Standard Room, 1 Queen Bed
Standard Room, 1 King Bed - Save 20% off
Standard Double Room, 2 Double Beds
Standard Room, 1 King Bed, Lake View - Save 20% off
Historic Chicago hotel across from Grant Park
Built in 1893, this downtown Chicago hotel offers a convenient location across from Grant Park and close to Lake Michigan.
The public areas of Congress Plaza feature ornate chandeliers, statuary, and murals; a lounge and two restaurants are on site.
Congress Plaza Hotel's guestrooms offer high-speed Internet access and cable TV; many have Chicago or Lake Michigan views.
Across the street from Grant Park, this downtown Chicago hotel was originally built in 1893 to accommodate visitors to the World's Columbian Exposition.
The hotel offers two restaurants, a lounge, gift shop, and barber shop. 25 meeting rooms cover 50,000 square feet of function space, including a ballroom for groups of up to 2,000. The hotel's Gold Room, currently used for banquets and other formal events, has a vaulted ceiling, chandeliers, and gold-leaf trim. Wired and wireless Internet access is available in the lobby (surcharge).
- Concierge desk
- Pool table
- Room service (limited hours)
- Multiple large conference rooms
- Event catering
- Exhibit space
- Multiple small meeting rooms
- Banquet facilities
- Business services
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Total number of rooms - 870
- Security guard
- Multilingual staff
- 24-hour front desk
- Number of floors - 14
- Hair salon
- Gift shops or newsstand
- Shopping on site
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Arcade/game room
- Air-conditioned public areas
- Wireless Internet access - surcharge
- Year Built 1893
- Self parking (surcharge)
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Wedding services
- Coffee shop or café
- Fitness facilities
- Wired (high-speed) Internet access - surcharge
- Airport transportation
- Express check-in
- Luggage storage
- Parking limited (surcharge)
- Business center
- Meeting facilities size (feet) - 50.000
- Meeting facilities size (meters) - 5
- Number of meeting/conference rooms - 25
- Number of buildings/towers - 2
Available in all rooms: Wired high-speed Internet access (surcharge)
Available in some public areas: Wireless Internet access - surcharge, Wired (high-speed) Internet access - surcharge
Self parking (surcharge), Valet parking (surcharge), Parking limited (surcharge)
- Room Amenities
- Premium TV channels
- Pay movies
- Climate control
- Air conditioning
- Voice mail
- Coffee/tea maker
- Wake-up calls
- Daily housekeeping
- Complimentary toiletries
- Hair dryer
- Shower/tub combination
- Cable TV service
- Wired high-speed Internet access (surcharge)
- Electronic/magnetic keys
- Clock radio
- Window opens
- Iron/ironing board
- In-room safe
- Rollaway/extra beds available
- Cribs/infant beds available
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
Gazebo Restaurant - Casual ambience, American cuisine. Open for breakfast and lunch.
Rafael Steak House - Serving Midwestern cuisine. Open late afternoon through late evening for dinner only.
Congress Lounge - Located just off the lobby. Cocktails, beer, wine, and light fare. Open daily.
A fitness center on the lower level of the Congress Plaza Hotel is open 24 hours a day.
Guests can run, walk, bicycle, or skate on a path that runs along Lake Michigan for 20 miles. It's accessed via Grant Park, across the street from the hotel. Bikes, in-line skates, and pedal-powered buggies can be rented at several beachfront locations. During the summer, Oak Street Beach, about two miles north, is a popular swimming spot when lifeguards are on duty. Canoeing, kayaking, and rowing equipment is available for rent at the Lincoln Park Boathouse, four miles north of the hotel. A public golf course is located six miles north.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Golfing nearby
- Golf - driving range nearby
- Sailing nearby
- Rowing or canoeing nearby
- Swimming nearby
- Boat launch nearby
- Motor boating nearby
- Windsurfing nearby
- Pilates classes/instruction nearby
- Running track/path nearby
- Basketball nearby
- Aerobics nearby
- Volleyball nearby
- Yoga classes/instruction nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Bicycle rentals nearby
- Playground nearby
To make requests for specific accessibility needs, complete the “Special or Accessibility Requests" section of “Trip Preferences" when you book your hotel.
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible bathroom
- Accessible parking
- In-room accessibility
- Accessibility equipment for the deaf
Policies & Fees
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Minimum check-in age is 18
Check-out time is noon
- Payment types
Accepted at this hotel: American Express, JCB International, MasterCard, Visa
Pets not allowed
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
- The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: USD 9.95 (for 24 hours, rates may vary)
- Fee for in-room high-speed Internet (wired): USD 9.95 (for 24 hours, rates may vary)
- Fee for wireless Internet in all public areas: USD 7.75 (for 24 hours, rates may vary)
- Self parking fee: USD 39 per day with in/out privileges (a different rate applies for extended parking)
- Self parking fee for large vehicle: USD 43.00 per night (in/out privileges)
- Valet parking fee: USD 44 per day (in/out privileges)
- Valet parking fee for large vehicle: USD 45.00 per day (in/out privileges)
- Early check-in fee: USD 49.00
- Late check-out fee: USD 59.00
- Deposit: USD 25.00 per night
- Refrigerator fee: USD 10.00 per night
- Rollaway bed fee: USD 20.00 per night
- Additional Details
Children 17 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding.