Book your room at Hostelling International Chicago
Get an overview of this hotelHostel with free breakfast, walk to Art Institute of Chicago
Located in the heart of Chicago, this hostel is within a 10-minute walk of Auditorium Building and Theatre, Art Institute of Chicago, and Buckingham Fountain. Millennium Park and Skydeck Ledge are also within 15 minutes.
This smoke-free hostel features a coffee shop/café, coffee/tea in the lobby, and meeting rooms. Free buffet breakfast and free WiFi in public areas are also provided. Other amenities include a 24-hour front desk, an arcade/game room, and tour/ticket assistance.
All 68 rooms offer free WiFi, hair dryers, and showers.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!
The hostel offers a coffee shop/café. Guests can enjoy a complimentary breakfast each morning. High-speed wireless Internet access is complimentary. Event facilities measuring 600 square feet (56 square meters) include meeting rooms. This Chicago hostel also offers tour/ticket assistance, an arcade/game room, and multilingual staff.
Hostelling International Chicago is a smoke-free property.
- 24-hour front desk
- Arcade/game room
- Billiards or pool table
- Coffee shop or café
- Coffee/tea in lobby
- Conference space size (feet) - 600
- Conference space size (meters) - 56
- Free breakfast
- Free WiFi
- Meeting rooms
- Multilingual staff
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
- Number of floors - 7
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Smoke-free property
- Total number of rooms - 68
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Wired (high-speed) Internet access - surcharge
- Year Built 1886
Available in all rooms: Free WiFi
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi , Wired (high-speed) Internet access - surcharge
- Air conditioning
- Cribs/infant beds available
- Daily housekeeping
- Free WiFi
- Hair dryer
- Iron/ironing board
- Shared bathroom
- Shower only
Where to Eat
A complimentary hot/cold buffet breakfast is served each morning between 7 AM and 9 AM.
Nearby Things to Do
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or nearby; fees may apply.
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Bicycle rentals nearby
- Accessibility equipment for the deaf
- Accessible bathroom
- Accessible path of travel
- Braille or raised signage
- In-room accessibility
- Roll-in shower
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Minimum check-in age is 18
Special check-in instructions:
Check-out time is 11 AM
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Cribs (infant beds) are available.
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
- Minimum Spring Break check-in age is 18 years old.
- The name on the credit card used at check-in to pay for incidentals must be the primary name on the guestroom reservation.
- Club Card: USD 3 per person, per night
We should mention
Only registered guests are allowed in the guestrooms.