Availability: Hotel Allegro, a Kimpton Hotel
King Jacuzzi SuiteMax Occupancy: 3 guests (up to 2 children, 1 infant)
King Jacuzzi Suite - Two Person JacuzziMax Occupancy: 4 guests (up to 1 child, 1 infant)
Deluxe Room, 1 Queen BedMax Occupancy: 2 guests (up to 1 child)
Deluxe Room, 1 King BedMax Occupancy: 2 guests (up to 1 child)
One King Bed AccessibleMax Occupancy: 2 guests (up to 1 child)
Premier Room, 1 King BedMax Occupancy: 3 guests (up to 2 children)
Two Double Beds Walk In ShowerMax Occupancy: 4 guests (up to 2 children)
One King Bed Roll In ShowerMax Occupancy: 2 guests
Suite One King Bed AccessibleMax Occupancy: 2 guests (up to 1 child)
One King Bed Roll In ShowerMax Occupancy: 2 guests (up to 1 child)
Two Double Beds AccessibleMax Occupancy: 4 guests (up to 2 children)
Room, 2 Double BedsMax Occupancy: 4 guests (up to 3 children)
Pet-friendly, downtown hotel with wireless Internet
Close to theaters
Located in the Loop's theater and business districts, Hotel Allegro Chicago - A Kimpton Hotel is next to the Cadillac Palace Theatre, 4 blocks from Millennium Park, and 1 mile from the Magnificent Mile.
Wine and dine
The white-linen 312 Chicago restaurant serves Italian-inspired American cuisine, while the Encore Lunch Club and Liquid Lounge serves weekday lunch and contemporary cocktails, including 16 types of martinis.
Music and art decor
Guestrooms at Hotel Allegro Chicago are decorated with rich colors and music- or theater-related artworks that complement the original Art Deco design; wired and wireless Internet access is available.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!
Hotel Allegro, a Kimpton Hotel Amenities
This 19-floor boutique Chicago hotel has a complimentary 24-hour fitness room, with TV monitors on each machine, including ellipticals and treadmills. It also provides discount passes to 2 nearby health clubs. A complimentary yoga channel appears on TV and a complimentary yoga basket containing a mat, block, towel, and strap is available for on-site use.
In-room spa services, including Umbrian-clay facials and brown-sugar massages can be booked. A hosted wine reception is offered every evening from 5 PM to 6 PM in the hotel lobby (hours subject to change).
The lobby-level business center supplies both a Mac and PC with flat-screen monitors, a printer, fax, and copier. A shop sells sundries, cards, magazines, and Chicago sports-team clothing. A ballroom is on site, and wired and wireless Internet access is available in public areas (surcharge).
- 24-hour front desk
- Number of floors - 19
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Business center
- Complimentary newspapers in lobby
- Concierge services
- Conference space
- 24-hour fitness facilities
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Express check-out
- Gift shops or newsstand
- Hair salon
- Express check-in
- Luggage storage
- Multilingual staff
- Total number of rooms - 483
- Smoke-free property
- Spa services on site
- Use of nearby fitness center (discount)
- Wireless Internet access - surcharge
- Wired (high-speed) Internet access - surcharge
Available in all rooms: Wireless Internet access (surcharge) , Wired high-speed Internet access (surcharge)
Available in some public areas: Wireless Internet access - surcharge , Wired (high-speed) Internet access - surcharge
Valet parking (surcharge)
- Room Amenities
- Premium bedding
- Cribs/infant beds available
- Designer toiletries
- Premium TV channels
- Hair dryer
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Iron/ironing board
- Climate control
- Air conditioning
- Daily housekeeping
- Complimentary weekday newspaper
- Rollaway/extra beds available
- Shower/tub combination
- In-room massage available
- Pillowtop mattress
- LCD TV
- In-room safe (laptop compatible)
- Wireless Internet access (surcharge)
- Wired high-speed Internet access (surcharge)
The hotel hosts a wine reception in the lobby each evening.
312 Chicago - American cuisine with an Italian touch is served in this two-level restaurant with a city-casual atmosphere. The top floor has amber-glass light fixtures, mahogany furniture, and plenty of booths. The main floor features a wooden bar and exhibition kitchen. Menu items such as spit-roasted organic chicken and gnocchi are served on white-linen tables. Open daily for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
Encore Lunch Club and Liquid Lounge - Boldly colored in dramatic red, yellow, and purple, this street-level lounge offers lunch Monday–Friday, and is a popular club in the evening. Serves 16 kinds of martinis, including the "Encore" which combines vodka with port. Appetizers, light meals, and desserts are served into the late evening.
Hotel Allegro Chicago's 24-hour fitness room offers cardiovascular and strength-training equipment; a glass wall looks onto the fifth-floor hallway.
Both Millennium Park and Lake Michigan's 20-mile lakefront path—great for running, walking, bicycling, or in-line skating—are within a mile of the hotel. Bicycles, in-line skates, and pedal-powered buggies meant for groups are available for rent at several beachfront locations. During the summer, Oak Street Beach, two miles north, is popular for sunbathing and for swimming when lifeguards are on duty. Also in summer, beach volleyball courts are available for rental or pick-up games. A public golf course is located six miles north.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Golfing nearby
- Cross-country skiing nearby
- Bicycle rentals nearby
- Windsurfing nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Kayaking nearby
- Sailing nearby
- Hot stone massage
- Deep tissue massage
- Prenatal massage
- Body wraps
- Aromatherapy treatments
- Body treatments
- Facial treatments
- Accessible bathroom
- Roll-in shower
Hotel Allegro, a Kimpton Hotel Policies & Fees
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Check-out time is noon
- Payment types
Accepted at this hotel: American Express, Carte Blanche, Diners Club, Discover, JCB International, MasterCard, Visa
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
- The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Self parking fee: USD 47 per night (in/out privileges)
- Valet parking fee: USD 56 per night (in/out privileges)
- Deposit: USD 100.00 per stay
- Rollaway bed fee: USD 20.00 per night
- Additional Details
Children 12 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding.
Awards & Affiliations
- A Green / Sustainable Property - Third Party CertifiedThis property participates in Green Key Eco-Rating Program, a third-party certification program that has been independently certified. Third-party certification measures the property's impact on one or more of the following: environment, community, cultural-heritage, the local economy. An objective assessment of a company's sustainable tourism practices has been performed at this property by an auditor who is independent of the third-party certification program.
- This property is affiliated with the International Gay & Lesbian Travel Association (IGLTA) and welcomes lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) guests.