Availability: Hotel Burnham, a Kimpton Hotel
Deluxe Queen & Hosted Wine ReceptionMax Occupancy: 2 guests (up to 1 child, 1 infant)
Two Doubles - Includes Wine ReceptionMax Occupancy: 4 guests (up to 3 children, 3 infants)
Executive Suite Includes Wine ReceptionMax Occupancy: 4 guests (up to 2 children, 2 infants)
Executive Suite One King Bed AccessibleMax Occupancy: 2 guests (up to 2 children, 2 infants)
Deluxe Two Double Beds Roll In ShowerMax Occupancy: 4 guests (up to 3 children, 3 infants)
Deluxe Two Double Beds AccessibleMax Occupancy: 4 guests (up to 3 children, 3 infants)
Deluxe Suite Includes Wine ReceptionMax Occupancy: 4 guests (up to 2 children, 2 infants)
King Deluxe - Includes Wine ReceptionMax Occupancy: 3 guests (up to 1 child, 1 infant)
Deluxe One Queen Bed AccessibleMax Occupancy: 2 guests (up to 1 child, 1 infant)
Deluxe One Queen Bed Roll In ShowerMax Occupancy: 2 guests (up to 1 child, 1 infant)
Pet-friendly, boutique-style hotel on Chicago's State Street
Built in 1895, Hotel Burnham - A Kimpton Hotel, a former State Street office building, is now a boutique hotel within 1 block of the Loop theaters. Millennium Park is 2 blocks away.
Domesticated pets of any size are welcome, with snacks, food dishes, toys, and special bedding provided; dog-walking services and grooming resources are available upon request.
All 122 guestrooms at Hotel Burnham - A Kimpton Hotel are decorated with dark-wood furniture and spacious desks. A pillow library offers eight options, including buckwheat, full body, and neckbrace pillows.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!
Hotel Burnham, a Kimpton Hotel Amenities
This 15-floor National Historic Landmark hotel offers a complimentary coffee reception each morning and a hosted wine reception in the evening. Guests can customize their comfort with a pillow library, offering eight options including buckwheat, full body, and neckbrace pillows. Domesticated pets of any size are equally pampered with snacks, food dishes, toys, and special bedding. Staff are also happy to take dogs on walks and offer resources for grooming.
Other amenities include shoe shines, spa services, and wireless Internet access in the lobby area (surcharge; hotel offers free internet if guests join the hotel Kimpton In-Touch membership program.) A fitness center is on site. Valet parking is available for a surcharge.
This hotel is smoke-free.
- 24-hour front desk
- Room service (24 hours)
- Fireplace in lobby
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Complimentary newspapers in lobby
- Total number of rooms - 122
- Number of floors - 15
- Coffee/tea in lobby
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Year Built 1895
- Fitness facilities
- One meeting room
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Luggage storage
- Smoke-free property
- Spa services on site
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Business center
- Express check-in
- Express check-out
- Wireless Internet access - surcharge
- Wired (high-speed) Internet access - surcharge
- Multilingual staff
Available in all rooms: Wireless Internet access (surcharge) , Wired high-speed Internet access (surcharge)
Available in some public areas: Wireless Internet access - surcharge , Wired (high-speed) Internet access - surcharge
Valet parking (surcharge)
- Room Amenities
- Premium TV channels
- Pay movies
- Designer toiletries
- Cribs/infant beds available
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Daily housekeeping
- Hair dryer
- Iron/ironing board
- Turndown service
- Climate control
- Air conditioning
- Shower/tub combination
- Cable TV service
- Wireless Internet access (surcharge)
- Wired high-speed Internet access (surcharge)
- In-room safe (laptop compatible)
- Complimentary newspaper
Atwood Cafe - This lobby restaurant is popular with locals as well as guests for lavish breakfasts and pre-theater dining. Breakfast served 7-10 AM. Red-velvet couches, beaded chandeliers, and crimson walls highlight the dramatic decor. The menu changes every two months and offers contemporary American comfort food, always including a pot pie of the day for both lunch and dinner.
Room Service - Available 24 hours.
- Water skiing nearby
- Kayaking nearby
- Sailing nearby
- Bicycle rentals nearby
- Windsurfing nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Golfing nearby
To make requests for specific accessibility needs, complete the “Special or Accessibility Requests" section of “Trip Preferences" when you book your hotel.
- Accessible bathroom
- Roll-in shower
Hotel Burnham, a Kimpton Hotel Policies & Fees
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Check-out time is noon
- Payment types
Accepted at this hotel: American Express, Carte Blanche, Diners Club, Discover, JCB International, MasterCard, Visa
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
- The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
- Valet parking fee: USD 54 per night (in/out privileges)
- Additional Details
Only registered guests are allowed in the guestrooms.
Awards & Affiliations
- A Green / Sustainable Property - Third Party CertifiedThis property participates in Green Seal, a third-party certification program that has been independently certified. Third-party certification measures the property's impact on one or more of the following: environment, community, cultural-heritage, the local economy. An objective assessment of a company's sustainable tourism practices has been performed at this property by an auditor who is independent of the third-party certification program.
- This property is affiliated with the International Gay & Lesbian Travel Association (IGLTA) and welcomes lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) guests.