Book your room at Renaissance Chicago Downtown Hotel
Please enter your travel dates.
- 1 king
- 2 queen
Standard Room, River View
Elegant downtown Chicago hotel 3 blocks from Michigan Avenue
Near Michigan Avenue
This downtown Chicago high rise enjoys a prime location 3 blocks from Michigan Avenue shopping and within 1 mile of Willis Tower, John Hancock Center, and the Art Institute of Chicago.
Wi-Fi, indoor pool
The fitness club features a skylit lap pool and spa treatments. A full-service business center is on site, and complimentary wireless Internet access is available in the hotel's public areas.
Overlooking the city or river, the spacious guestrooms feature signature bedding with pillowtop mattresses and luxury linens. Bathrooms offer plush robes and all-natural Lather toiletries.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!
Renaissance Chicago Downtown Hotel
Located across from the Chicago River, the 27-story Renaissance Chicago Downtown Hotel enjoys a prime location three blocks from Michigan Avenue and the Magnificent Mile. A Chicago "L" station behind the hotel provides easy access to numerous destinations. Self parking and valet parking are available on site for a surcharge. Off-site parking is also available (surcharge).
An on-site health club offers a sky-lit indoor lap pool and 24-hour fitness center. Also located on site is the Renaissance Rejuvenation Center, featuring top-notch spa services, massages, and treatments for a surcharge. Advanced reservation is required for massages and spa treatments.
Onsite dining options include the Great Street Restaurant and Bar with river views, a lobby lounge with piano entertainment on selected evenings, a café serving Starbucks coffee and light fare and room service (limited hours).
Meeting space includes 17 meeting rooms with a total of 34,867 square feet of flexible space, including a Grand Ballroom. An on-site FedEx Kinko's business center provides a wealth of services such as copying, faxes, messengers and notary public. Complimentary wireless Internet access is available in public areas.
- 24-hour front desk
- Air-conditioned public areas
- Audiovisual equipment
- Number of floors - 27
- Banquet facilities
- Year Built 1869
- Beauty services
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Business center
- Complimentary newspapers in lobby
- Coffee shop or café
- Concierge desk
- Multiple large conference rooms
- Fitness facilities
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Full-service health spa
- Event catering
- Exhibit space
- Express check-out
- Gift shops or newsstand
- Free Wi-Fi
- Limo or Town Car service available
- Multiple small meeting rooms
- Multilingual staff
- Total number of rooms - 553
- Parking nearby
- Parking nearby (surcharge)
- Room service (limited hours)
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Meeting facilities size (meters) - 3239
- Number of meeting/conference rooms - 17
- Meeting facilities size (feet) - 34,867
- Security guard
- Smoke-free property
- Spa services on site
- Swimming pool - indoor
- Tour assistance
- Wedding services
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Parking (surcharge)
Available in all rooms: Wireless Internet access (surcharge), Wired high-speed Internet access (surcharge)
Available in some public areas: Free Wi-Fi
Parking (surcharge), Valet parking (surcharge), Parking nearby, Parking nearby (surcharge)
- In the room
- Air conditioning
- In-room childcare (surcharge)
- Pillowtop mattress
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- Climate control
- Coffee/tea maker
- Complimentary weekday newspaper
- Cribs/infant beds available
- Designer toiletries
- Direct-dial phone
- Hair dryer
- Daily housekeeping
- Iron/ironing board
- In-room massage available
- Flat-panel TV
- In-room safe (laptop compatible)
- Pay movies
- Premium bedding
- Premium TV channels
- Refrigerator (on request)
- Shower/tub combination
- Video-game console
- Connecting / adjoining rooms available
- Wireless Internet access (surcharge)
- Wired high-speed Internet access (surcharge)
- Eat and drink
Great Street Restaurant and Bar – A casual yet sophisticated restaurant overlooking the Chicago River, the Great Street Restaurant and Bar features American cuisine including menu items such as steaks, chops, Lobster Pot Pie, and Seafood Mixed Grill with an extensive wine list. Desserts include Triple Chocolate Bread Pudding and Caramel Crunch Cheesecake. Open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
Bar Novo - Bar Novo showcases downtown Chicago with its floor-to-ceiling windows. Serves mouth-watering appetizers, specialty drinks, and cocktails in a warm, mesmerizing atmosphere. Open mid-afternoon to late evening.
Aroma Café – Serves Starbucks coffee, Krispy Kreme donuts, sandwiches, salads and soft drinks. Open early morning to mid-evening.
Room service - Available 24 hours.
The hotel's fitness club includes an indoor lap pool, sauna, and 24-hour fitness center with treadmills, elliptical trainers, stationary bikes, and stair machines.
Daley Bicentennial Plaza, a half-mile away, offers nine lighted tennis courts (surcharge), with equipment available for rent. Harbourside International, 15 miles from the hotel, has an 18-hole, par 72 golf course, a driving range, and a clubhouse. A 20-mile bike path along Lake Michigan extends from Lincoln Park, two miles from the hotel, to Jackson Park, south of downtown. Lake Michigan offers numerous seasonal recreational opportunities, including boating, sailing, water skiing, and canoeing.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Golfing nearby
- Golf - driving range nearby
- Golf - miniature nearby
- Ice skating nearby
- Dock nearby
- Boating nearby
- Rowing or canoeing nearby
- Kayaking nearby
- Sailing nearby
- Water skiing nearby
- Motor boating nearby
- Running track/path nearby
- Basketball nearby
- Racquetball/squash nearby
- Tennis nearby
- Volleyball nearby
- Aerobics nearby
- Pilates classes/instruction nearby
- Yoga classes/instruction nearby
- Sports center nearby
- Scooter/moped rentals nearby
- Mountain biking nearby
- Bicycle rentals nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Horse riding/rental nearby
- Helicopter/airplane tours nearby
- Bird watching nearby
- Fishing nearby
- Playground nearby
- Bowling alley nearby
- Golf lessons available nearby
- Segway rental/tour nearby
- Swimming on site
- Boat tours nearby
- Boat cruises nearby
- Rock climbing nearby
- Manicures and pedicures
- Facial treatments
To make requests for specific accessibility needs, complete the “Special or Accessibility Requests" section of “Trip Preferences" when you book your hotel.
- Accessible path of travel
- In-room accessibility
The Fine Print for Renaissance Chicago Downtown Hotel
Check-in time starts at 4 PM
Minimum check-in age is 21
Check-out time is noon
- How you can pay
Accepted at this hotel: American Express, Carte Blanche, Diners Club, Discover, JCB International, MasterCard, Visa
- You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
Only service dogs are allowed
- The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Breakfast fee: USD 22 per person (approximately)
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: USD 14.95 per day (rates may vary)
- Fee for in-room high-speed Internet (wired): USD 14.95 per day (rates may vary)
- Self parking fee: USD 65 per day (in/out privileges)
- Valet parking fee: USD 65 per night (in/out privileges)
- We Should Mention
Reservations are required for massage services and spa treatments. Reservations can be made by contacting the hotel prior to arrival, using the contact information on the booking confirmation. The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation.