Please enter your travel dates.
Club Room, 1 King Bed
Complimentary area shuttle in Chicago suburbs
Shopping and gardens
This 10-story Renaissance hotel is less than 2 miles from the Chicago Botanic Garden and the Northbrook Court Shopping Mall; downtown Chicago is 24 miles away.
Complimentary shuttle service is available within a five-mile radius of Renaissance Chicago North Shore; a 24-hour, self-service business center offers a computer, printer, copying, and FedEx pickup.
The 385 guestrooms at Renaissance Chicago North Shore Hotel feature pillowtop mattresses, down pillows, and down comforters. Rooms have wireless Internet access and 32-inch flat-panel TV.
Located 15 miles from Chicago O'Hare International Airport, 8 miles from Northwestern University, and 1.2 miles from the remarkable Chicago Botanic Garden, Renaissance Chicago North Shore is near a train station, and offers complimentary shuttle service within a five-mile radius. Guests enjoy a self-service 24-hour business center with computer, printer, copying, and FedEx pickup. Parking for cars, trucks, and RVs is free for guests during their hotel stay. Luggage storage is available. And guests can even get a good shoe shine.
TV is available in the lobby, and wireless Internet access (surcharge) is offered throughout the hotel's public areas, including its 22,000 square feet of meeting space (hotel can provide cards). Other conveniences include catering, audiovisual equipment, a tiered auditorium with theater-style seating and projection booth, and a top-floor event space with floor-to-ceiling windows and exterior deck with city views.
The hotel's front desk, bar lounge, lobby, and meeting facilities are under renovation from March 15, 2012 - June 30, 2012. The work will only take place during business hours, and alternative facilities are available.
This hotel, fully renovated in 2011, is a smoke-free property (fines apply).
- Concierge services
- Complimentary newspapers in lobby
- Fitness facilities
- Multiple large conference rooms
- Event catering
- Banquet facilities
- Audiovisual equipment
- 24-hour front desk
- Express check-out
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Total number of rooms - 385
- Air-conditioned public areas
- Fireplace in lobby
- Gift shops or newsstand
- Laundry facilities
- Limo or Town Car service available
- Number of floors - 10
- Multilingual staff
- Free guest parking during stay
- Free self parking
- Luggage storage
- Room service (limited hours)
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Meeting facilities size (meters) - 2323
- Number of meeting/conference rooms - 22
- Free RV, bus, truck parking
- Area shuttle (complimentary)
- 24-hour business center
- Meeting facilities size (feet) - 25000
- Security guard
- Smoke-free property
- Smoke-free property (fines apply)
- Spa tub
- Swimming pool - indoor
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Television in lobby
- Wedding services
- Free parking
- Number of buildings/towers - 2
Available in all rooms: Wireless Internet access (surcharge)
Free parking, Free guest parking during stay, Free self parking, Free RV, bus, truck parking
- Room Amenities
- Premium TV channels
- Pay movies
- Premium bedding
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Air conditioning
- Climate control
- Complimentary weekday newspaper
- Voice mail
- Multi-line phone
- Coffee/tea maker
- Wake-up calls
- Daily housekeeping
- Turndown service (on request)
- Private bathroom
- Designer toiletries
- Complimentary toiletries
- Hair dryer
- Shower/tub combination
- Makeup/shaving mirror
- Electronic check-out
- Electronic/magnetic keys
- Iron/ironing board
- Clock radio
- Rollaway/extra beds available
- Cribs/infant beds available
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- TV Internet access (surcharge)
- Ergonomic chair
- In-room safe (laptop compatible)
- Digital TV service
- Flat-panel TV
- Down comforter
- Free movie channels
- Pillowtop mattress
- Connecting / adjoining rooms available
- Wireless Internet access (surcharge)
Rook's Corner Bistro - This American bistro serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner daily amidst bright murals and high-backed banquette seating.
Rook's Corner Bar - Lobby bar in front of Rook's Corner Bistro. Open daily for cocktails.
Ruth's Chris Steak House - This international steakhouse serves prime beef, seafood, and chicken for dinner in a clubby environment each evening.
The hotel has a 24-hour fitness center on its lower level, with cardiovascular machines and strength training equipment. An indoor dip pool with outdoor patio is on the main floor. Guests can play basketball and table tennis on site, and both a bowling alley and a playground are nearby.
A less than two-mile drive from the hotel, Chicago Botanic Garden features 26 gardens and native habitat areas with walking trails spread throughout 385 acres. The Highland Park Country Club, which is a two-mile drive from the hotel, has a public 18-hole PGA course.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on-site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Golf - driving range nearby
- Golfing nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Bird watching nearby
- Playground nearby
- Bowling alley nearby
- Basketball on site
- Table tennis on site
To make requests for specific accessibility needs, complete the “Special or Accessibility Requests" section of “Trip Preferences" when you book your hotel.
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible bathroom
- Roll-in shower
- Accessible parking
- In-room accessibility
- Accessibility equipment for the deaf
- Braille or raised signage
Policies & Fees
Minimum check-in age is 18
Check-in time starts at 4 PM
Check-out time is noon
- Payment types
Accepted at this hotel: JCB International, MasterCard, Visa, American Express, Diners Club, Discover
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
- The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
- Breakfast fee: USD 12.50 per person (approximately)
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: USD 9.95 per day (rates may vary)
- Pet fee: USD 75 per pet, per stay
- Rollaway bed fee: USD 20 per night
- Additional Details
The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation.
Awards & Affiliations
- A Green / Sustainable Property - Second Party CertifiedThis property participates in Energy Star For Hospitality, a second-party certification program. Second-party certification measures the property's impact on one or more of the following: environment, community, cultural-heritage, the local economy. An assessment of a company's sustainable tourism practices has been performed at this property by an assessor or auditor that is not independent of the second-party certification program.