Availability: Swissotel - Chicago
Lavish Chicago hotel where the lake and river meet
Wrigley Building: 4 blocks
This triangular, 43-story glass hotel is across the street from the Chicago River, 3 blocks from the lakefront running path, and 4 blocks from the Wrigley Building and the Magnificent Mile.
Lake-view health club
Swissotel's Penthouse Health Club offers dramatic lake views, cardio and strength-training equipment, an indoor pool, and spa tub. WiFi is free in common areas.
Guestrooms overlook the city, lake, or river. All offer premium bedding, wireless high-speed Internet access, cable LCD TVs, and marble bathrooms with Bodylogics toiletries and separate showers and tubs.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!
Swissotel - Chicago Amenities
The Swissotel - Chicago is 4 blocks from the Magnificent Mile. A large health club with an indoor pool, a spa tub, and a sauna is on site. A staffed business center provides complete secretarial, printing, binding, copying, and shipping services. WiFi is complimentary in common areas and 10 conference rooms may come in handy for business travelers. The hotel is smoke-free.
- Smoke-free property
- Television in lobby
- Swimming pool - indoor
- Spa tub
- Complimentary newspapers in lobby
- Health club
- Room service (24 hours)
- Airport transportation (surcharge)
- Limo or Town Car service available
- Business center
- Coffee shop or café
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Express check-out
- 24-hour front desk
- Number of floors - 43
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Gift shops or newsstand
- Multilingual staff
- Babysitting or childcare
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Multiple large conference rooms
- Fireplace in lobby
- Computer station
- Grocery/convenience store
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Free Wi-Fi
- Luggage storage
- Express check-in
- Total number of rooms - 661
- Laundry facilities
- Massage - spa treatment room(s)
- Multiple small meeting rooms
- Number of meeting rooms - 10
- Conference center
- Spa services on site
- Wedding services
- Wired (high-speed) Internet access - surcharge
- Year Built 1988
Available in all rooms: Wireless Internet access (surcharge) , Wired high-speed Internet access (surcharge)
Available in some public areas: Free Wi-Fi , Wired (high-speed) Internet access - surcharge
Valet parking (surcharge)
- Room Amenities
- Wired high-speed Internet access (surcharge)
- Premium TV channels
- Pay movies
- Premium bedding
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Air conditioning
- Climate control
- Daily housekeeping
- Private bathroom
- Complimentary toiletries
- Hair dryer
- Designer toiletries
- Separate bathtub and shower
- Rollaway/extra beds available
- Cribs/infant beds available
- Iron/ironing board
- In-room safe
- Cable TV service
- Wireless Internet access (surcharge)
- iPod docking station
- In-room massage available
- LCD TV
The hotel includes three onsite restaurants. The Geneva serves a buffet-style breakfast; Amuse serves coffee, beverages, signature cocktails and seasonal small plates; and The Palm serves steak, seafood, and Italian specialties for lunch and dinner. Room service is available 24-hours, with a limited menu option after 10:00 PM.
The hotel has a full-service fitness center (surcharge) with a 45-foot pool, spa tub, and sauna. (Children must be accompanied by an adult in the health club, fitness facility, and pool.)
A 20-mile path along Lake Michigan's shoreline is just three blocks east of the Swissotel. Guests can bring their own gear for running, walking, bicycling, or inline skating. In addition, guests may rent bicycles, inline skates, or open-air, pedal-powered buggies for groups at several beachfront locations. During summer months, Oak Street Beach, one mile north, is popular for sunbathing and for swimming when lifeguards are on duty. Also in summer, beach volleyball courts are available for rental or pickup games. Public tennis courts and a public golf course are both five miles northeast of the hotel.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Kayaking nearby
- Sailing nearby
- Golfing nearby
- Bicycle rentals nearby
- Windsurfing nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
The 42nd-floor fitness center and spa offers an extensive menu of Ecocentric™ Spa Services using Pangea Organic Ecocentric Products, including massages, body treatments, facial treatments, and manicures/pedicures. Advance reservations required for massages and spa treatments.
- Manicures and pedicures
- Body treatments
- Facial treatments
To make requests for specific accessibility needs, complete the “Special or Accessibility Requests" section of “Trip Preferences" when you book your hotel.
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible bathroom
- Roll-in shower
- In-room accessibility
- Accessibility equipment for the deaf
- Braille or raised signage
Swissotel - Chicago Policies & Fees
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
- Payment types
Accepted at this hotel: American Express, MasterCard, Visa
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
- The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
- Breakfast fee: USD 29.00 per person (approximately)
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: USD 14.95 (for 24 hours, rates may vary)
- Fee for in-room high-speed Internet (wired): USD 14.95 (for 24 hours, rates may vary)
- Valet parking fee: USD 65 per night (in/out privileges)
- Rollaway bed fee: USD 50 per night
- Additional Details
Reservations are required for massage services and spa treatments. Reservations can be made by contacting the hotel prior to arrival, using the contact information on the booking confirmation.