Book your room at The Palmer House Hilton
Historic grandeur in Chicago's theater, business district
Close to shopping
This 1925 Beaux Arts-style Chicago hotel is steps from Millennium Park, 2 blocks from Macy's and the Art Institute, and 1 mile from Lake Michigan, Magnificent Mile shopping, and Wrigley Tower.
Health club, spa
The Palmer House Hilton's 10,000-square-foot spa and health club includes an indoor pool. A business center offers wireless Internet access, copying, and faxing services.
All 1,639 guestrooms at the Palmer House Hilton feature antique-style decor, pillowtop mattresses, marble bathrooms, complimentary premium channels, and high-speed Internet access.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!
The Palmer House Hilton
Located in Chicago's theater district, Palmer House Hilton's 110,000 square feet of conference space features a range of venues, including exhibit halls, salons, private dining rooms, and several ballrooms with crystal chandeliers and Beaux Arts decor. Event catering and audiovisual equipment are also available. A business center provides printing, faxing, copying, and complimentary wireless Internet access also available in the lobby area.
The fitness center offers Precor fitness equipment, group exercise classes, and an indoor pool.
Several clothing and gift boutiques are located on the hotel's lower level.
- Indoor pool
- Health club
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Limo or Town Car service available
- Business center
- Meeting rooms
- Conference space
- Total number of rooms - 1,639
- Express check-out
- Multilingual staff
- 24-hour front desk
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Number of floors - 25
- Gift shops or newsstand
- Shopping on site
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Year Built 1925
- Conference space size (feet) - 110000
- Airport transportation (surcharge)
- Free Wi-Fi
- Turkish bath/Hammam
- Luggage storage
- Express check-in
- Concierge services
- Laundry facilities
- Conference space size (meters) - 10219
- Self parking (surcharge)
- Full-service spa
- Hair salon
- Spa treatment room(s)
- Spa tub
- Steam room
Available in all rooms: Wireless internet access (15.95 USD per 24 hours surcharge)
Available in some public areas: Free Wi-Fi
- Premium TV channels
- Video-game console
- Pay movies
- Premium bedding
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Room service (limited hours)
- Air conditioning
- Refrigerator (on request)
- Microwave (on request)
- Shower/tub combination
- Hair dryer
- Iron/ironing board
- In-room safe
- Daily housekeeping
- Cable TV service
- Pillowtop mattress
- Rollaway/extra beds available
- Cribs/infant beds available
- Wireless Internet access (surcharge)
- Complimentary newspaper
- Climate control
- In-room massage available
Where to Eat
Lockwood - Contemporary menu inspired by traditional French and Italian cuisine. Upscale setting. Open for breakfast, lunch, dinner.
Potter's - Lobby-level bar and lounge offering cocktails and appetizers.
Nearby Things to Do
The Palmer House Hilton's 10,000-square-foot health club (surcharge) features a fitness center with free weights and cardiovascular and strength-training equipment, personal trainers, an indoor pool and exercise classes.
This Hilton hotel is a mile from Lake Michigan, where guests can walk, jog, or bike along a 20-mile lakefront path. Oak Street Beach, 1.5 miles away, is popular for sunbathing and swimming in the summer. Within six miles of the hotel, the Sydney R. Marovitz golf course offers a challenging and scenic nine-hole course along Lake Michigan.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Golfing nearby
- Bicycle rentals nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
Balance Spa offers massages, facials, and beauty services. This full-service health spa includes 12 treatment rooms and a hair salon.
- Number of treatment rooms 12
- Couples treatment rooms
- Manicures and pedicures
- Body wraps
- Body scrubs
- Hydrotherapy treatments
- Minimum age to access spa is 13
- Body treatments
- Facial treatments
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible bathroom
- Roll-in shower
- Accessible parking
- In-room accessibility
- Accessibility equipment for the deaf
- Braille or raised signage
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Check-out time is noon
Pets allowed, Pet maximum weight in lb is 75
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: USD 15.95 (for 24 hours, rates may vary)
- Fee for in-room high-speed Internet (wired): USD 14.99 (for 24 hours, rates may vary)
- Self parking fee: USD 42 per day
- Valet parking fee: USD 72 per night (in/out privileges)
- Pet fee: USD 50 per room, per stay
- Refrigerator fee: USD 40 per stay
- In-room microwave fee: USD 40 per stay
We should mention
Reservations are required for massage services and spa treatments. Reservations can be made by contacting the hotel prior to arrival, using the contact information on the booking confirmation.
Awards & Affiliations
- The property is a member of Historic Hotels of America.