Availability: The Palmer House Hilton
Please enter your travel dates.
One Double Non Smoking
Standard Two Doubles
Two Double Beds, Accessible
- 2 double
Two Double Beds, Roll In Shower
- 2 double
Historic grandeur in Chicago's theater, business district
Close to shopping
This 1925 Beaux Arts-style Chicago hotel is steps from Millennium Park, 2 blocks from Macy's and the Art Institute, and 1 mile from Lake Michigan, Magnificent Mile shopping, and Wrigley Tower.
Health club, spa
The Palmer House Hilton's 10,000-square-foot spa and health club includes an indoor pool. A business center offers wireless Internet access, copying, and faxing services.
All 1,639 guestrooms at the Palmer House Hilton feature antique-style decor, pillowtop mattresses, marble bathrooms, complimentary premium channels, and high-speed Internet access.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!
The Palmer House Hilton Amenities
Located in Chicago's theater district, Palmer House Hilton's 110,000 square feet of conference space features a range of venues, including exhibit halls, salons, private dining rooms, and several ballrooms with crystal chandeliers and Beaux Arts decor. Event catering and audiovisual equipment are also available. A business center provides printing, faxing, copying, and complimentary wireless Internet access.
The fitness center offers Precor fitness equipment, group exercise classes, and an indoor pool.
Several clothing and gift boutiques are located on the hotel's lower level.
- Swimming pool - indoor
- Health club
- Room service (limited hours)
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Limo or Town Car service available
- Parking (surcharge)
- Banquet facilities
- Multiple large conference rooms
- Event catering
- Exhibit space
- Multiple small meeting rooms
- Business center
- Business services
- Computer rental
- Audiovisual equipment
- Cell phone/mobile rental
- Total number of rooms - 1,639
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Multilingual staff
- 24-hour front desk
- Express check-out
- Security guard
- Number of floors - 25
- Currency exchange
- Gift shops or newsstand
- Shopping on site
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Air-conditioned public areas
- Year Built 1925
- Meeting facilities size (feet) - 110000
- Self parking (surcharge)
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Airport transportation (surcharge)
- Free Wi-Fi
- Luggage storage
- Parking limited (surcharge)
- Express check-in
- Laundry facilities
- Concierge services
- Meeting facilities size (meters) - 10219
- Beauty services
- Full-service health spa
- Hair salon
- Massage - spa treatment room(s)
- Parking garage
- Spa tub
- Steam room
Available in all rooms: Wireless Internet access (surcharge)
Available in some public areas: Free Wi-Fi
Parking (surcharge), Self parking (surcharge), Valet parking (surcharge), Parking garage, Parking limited (surcharge)
- Room Amenities
- Premium TV channels
- Video-game console
- Pay movies
- Premium bedding
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Air conditioning
- Microwave (on request)
- Refrigerator (on request)
- Shower/tub combination
- Hair dryer
- Iron/ironing board
- In-room safe
- Daily housekeeping
- Cable TV service
- Pillowtop mattress
- Rollaway/extra beds available
- Cribs/infant beds available
- Wireless Internet access (surcharge)
- In-room massage available
- Complimentary newspaper
- Climate control
Lockwood - Contemporary menu inspired by traditional French and Italian cuisine. Upscale setting. Open for breakfast, lunch, dinner.
Potter's - Lobby-level bar and lounge offering cocktails and appetizers.
The Palmer House Hilton's 10,000-square-foot health club (surcharge) features a fitness center with free weights and cardiovascular and strength-training equipment, personal trainers, an indoor pool and exercise classes.
This Hilton hotel is a mile from Lake Michigan, where guests can walk, jog, or bike along a 20-mile lakefront path. Oak Street Beach, 1.5 miles away, is popular for sunbathing and swimming in the summer. Within six miles of the hotel, the Sydney R. Marovitz golf course offers a challenging and scenic nine-hole course along Lake Michigan.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Golfing nearby
- Rowing or canoeing nearby
- Volleyball nearby
- Tennis nearby
- Running track/path nearby
- Bicycle rentals nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Fishing nearby
- Swimming on site
Balance Spa offers massages, facials, and beauty services. This full-service health spa includes 12 treatment rooms and a hair salon.
- Turkish bath/Hammam in spa
- Minimum age to access spa is 13
- Number of treatment rooms 12
- Couples treatment rooms
- Manicures and pedicures
- Body wraps
- Body scrubs
- Hydrotherapy treatments
- Body treatments
- Facial treatments
To make requests for specific accessibility needs, complete the “Special or Accessibility Requests" section of “Trip Preferences" when you book your hotel.
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible bathroom
- Roll-in shower
- Accessible parking
- In-room accessibility
- Accessibility equipment for the deaf
- Braille or raised signage
The Palmer House Hilton Policies & Fees
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Check-out time is noon
- Payment types
Accepted at this hotel: American Express, Carte Blanche, Diners Club, Discover, JCB International, MasterCard, Visa
Pets allowed, Pet maximum weight in lb is 75
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
- The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: USD 15.95 (for 24 hours, rates may vary)
- Fee for in-room high-speed Internet (wired): USD 14.99 (for 24 hours, rates may vary)
- Self parking fee: USD 42 per day
- Valet parking fee: USD 72 per night (in/out privileges)
- Pet fee: USD 50 per room, per stay
- Refrigerator fee: USD 40 per stay
- In-room microwave fee: USD 40 per stay
- Additional Details
Reservations are required for massage services and spa treatments. Reservations can be made by contacting the hotel prior to arrival, using the contact information on the booking confirmation.
Awards & Affiliations
- The property is a member of Historic Hotels of America.