Availability: The Westin Michigan Avenue Chicago
Please enter your travel dates.
- 1 king
Traditional Double Room
- 2 double
Deluxe Double Room
- 2 double
- 1 king
Modern luxury on Chicago's Magnificent Mile
Close to lake
Set in the heart of North Michigan Avenue shopping, this 27-story Chicago Westin hotel is across from the John Hancock Center, a block from Water Tower Place, and 2 blocks from Lake Michigan.
Complimentary wireless Internet access is available in the hotel lobby. In-room spa treatments offer relief from the rigors of the road.
Heavenly Beds, Baths
All 752 guestrooms at this Chicago Westin feature Heavenly Beds with pillowtop mattresses and down comforters and Heavenly Baths with dual showerheads, plush bathrobes on request, and botanical bath products.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!
The Westin Michigan Avenue Chicago Amenities
On-site dining options include a popular steakhouse, a lobby coffee stand, and 24-hour room service. Complimentary wireless Internet access is available in the hotel lobby. A business center with ergonomic chairs provides faxing, printing, and copying; fees apply. The hotel's meeting and event space comprises 37,000 square feet (3,437 square meters), including 3 ballrooms, with event catering, audiovisual equipment, and high-speed Internet access available (surcharge). Wireless Internet access is complimentary in the lobby. Body Rituals, a full-service spa, is on site; advanced reservations required.
This pet-friendly hotel provides an outdoor dog water bowl and treats by the main entrance.
- Concierge desk
- Babysitting or childcare (surcharge)
- Room service (24 hours)
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Exhibit space
- Multiple large conference rooms
- Event catering
- Multiple small meeting rooms
- Banquet facilities
- Audiovisual equipment
- Business services
- Total number of rooms - 752
- Multilingual staff
- 24-hour front desk
- Express check-out
- Security guard
- Gift shops or newsstand
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Number of floors - 27
- Air-conditioned public areas
- Complimentary newspapers in lobby
- Full-service health spa
- Express check-in
- Luggage storage
- Tour assistance
- Shopping on site
- Garage parking (surcharge)
- Meeting facilities size (meters) - 3437
- Smoke-free property (fines apply)
- Beauty services
- Coffee/tea in lobby
- Coffee shop or café
- Health club
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Free Wi-Fi
- Children's club
- Massage - spa treatment room(s)
- Number of meeting/conference rooms - 28
- Year Built 1963
- 24-hour business center
- Meeting facilities size (feet) - 37000
- Smoke-free property
- Television in lobby
Available in all rooms: Wireless Internet access (surcharge), Wired high-speed Internet access (surcharge)
Available in some public areas: Free Wi-Fi
Valet parking (surcharge), Garage parking (surcharge)
- Room Amenities
- Pay movies
- Video-game console
- Premium bedding
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Air conditioning
- Coffee/tea maker
- Microwave (on request)
- Refrigerator (on request)
- Complimentary bottled water
- Private bathroom
- Complimentary toiletries
- Hair dryer
- Shower/tub combination
- In-room massage available
- Iron/ironing board
- In-room safe
- Daily housekeeping
- Pillowtop mattress
- Wired high-speed Internet access (surcharge)
- Rollaway/extra beds available
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- Cable TV service
- Wireless Internet access (surcharge)
- Climate control
- Complimentary newspaper
- Down comforter
- Egyptian-cotton sheets
- LCD TV
- Cribs/infant beds (complimentary)
- Connecting / adjoining rooms available
The Grill on the Alley - This popular, mahogany-paneled steakhouse serves generous portions of classic American cuisine, including Cobb salad, fresh seafood, prime steaks, and meatloaf. The L-shaped mahogany bar provides views of the Magnificent Mile and high-definition flat-screen TVs to catch sporting events. Open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
Café à la Carte - This grab-and-go lobby coffee stand serves hot beverages, juices, and pastries from early morning until late afternoon.
Room service features the Westin Super-Foods menu with a selection of healthy food items. Available 24 hours with breakfast, all-day, and late-night menus.
The Westin Workout fitness center is open 24 hours a day.
Oak Street Beach, which is located on a 20-mile path along Lake Michigan, is four blocks from the hotel. Bicycles and in-line skates are available for rental at several beachfront locations. During summer, lifeguards are on duty and beach volleyball courts are available for rental or pick-up games. Canoeing, kayaking, and rowing equipment can be rented from the Lincoln Park Boathouse, two miles away. Within six miles of the hotel, the Sydney R. Marovitz golf course offers a challenging and scenic nine-hole course along Lake Michigan.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Golfing nearby
- Ice skating nearby
- Rowing or canoeing nearby
- Volleyball nearby
- Tennis nearby
- Running track/path nearby
- Bicycle rentals nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Golf - driving range nearby
- Golf - miniature nearby
- Fishing nearby
- Kayaking nearby
- Sailing nearby
- Swimming nearby
- Surfing/boogie boarding nearby
- Number of treatment rooms 2
- Body scrubs
- Body treatments
- Facial treatments
To make requests for specific accessibility needs, complete the “Special or Accessibility Requests" section of “Trip Preferences" when you book your hotel.
- Accessibility equipment for the deaf
- Accessible bathroom
- Accessible path of travel
- Braille or raised signage
- In-room accessibility
- Roll-in shower
The Westin Michigan Avenue Chicago Policies & Fees
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Minimum check-in age is 21
Check-out time is noon
- Payment types
Accepted at this hotel: American Express, Carte Blanche, Diners Club, Discover, JCB International, MasterCard, Visa
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
- Minimum Spring Break check-in age is 21 years old.
- The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: USD 12.95 per 24-hour period (rates may vary)
- Fee for in-room high-speed Internet (wired): USD 12.95 per 24-hour period (rates may vary)
- Valet parking fee: USD 67 per day (in/out privileges)
- Rollaway bed fee: USD 40 per night
- Additional Details
Reservations are required for massage services and spa treatments. Reservations can be made by contacting the hotel prior to arrival, using the contact information on the booking confirmation. The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation.
Awards & Affiliations
- A Green / Sustainable Property - Third Party CertifiedThis property participates in Green Seal, a third-party certification program that has been independently certified. Third-party certification measures the property's impact on one or more of the following: environment, community, cultural-heritage, the local economy. An objective assessment of a company's sustainable tourism practices has been performed at this property by an auditor who is independent of the third-party certification program.
New Balance Program at The Westin
Guests can enjoy complimentary use of New Balance athletic apparel and running shoes during their stay. In-room, equipment-free fitness programs are also provided free of charge.
Offer valid at participating Westin Hotels and Resorts. Guests must call the Service Express desk to request shoes and clothing in their size; items are delivered to guestroom. Shoes come with socks and disposable insoles. Details at check-in.