Please enter your travel dates.
Standard Room, 1 King or 1 Queen Bed
Standard Room, 2 Queen Beds
- Two Queen Beds
- One King Bed
Michigan Ave. Shopping and Rush Street Nightlife
Built in 1927, this Chicago hotel is one block from Michigan Avenue shopping and Rush Street restaurants and nightlife; Lake Michigan is within five blocks.
Wine shop, wireless
The Whitehall Hotel offers a quiet tea room, an elegant restaurant and lounge, a small wine shop, and wireless Internet access in its meeting rooms and public areas.
All 222 guestrooms at this downtown Chicago hotel provide restored antique furnishings, crown moldings, carved headboards, bathrobes, premium bedding, marble countertops, and high-speed Internet access.
The Whitehall Hotel is less than two blocks from Rush Street and Michigan Avenue. A restaurant and lounge, a wine shop, and a fitness center are on site. The business center provides computers, printing, faxing, copying, and electronic shredding services (surcharge).
Wireless Internet access is available throughout public areas (surcharge). The hotel offers room service (limited hours).
The Whitehall Hotel is a smoke-free property.
- Room service (limited hours)
- Complimentary newspapers in lobby
- Fitness facilities
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Parking (surcharge)
- Banquet facilities
- 24-hour front desk
- Security guard
- Total number of rooms - 222
- Number of floors - 21
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Year Built 1927
- Air-conditioned public areas
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Business center
- Coffee/tea in lobby
- Computer rental
- Event catering
- Wired (high-speed) Internet access - surcharge
- Express check-in
- Laundry facilities
- Babysitting or childcare
- Concierge services
- Luggage storage
- One meeting/conference room
- Parking limited (surcharge)
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Smoke-free property
Available in all rooms: Wired high-speed Internet access (surcharge)
Available in some public areas: Wired (high-speed) Internet access - surcharge
Parking (surcharge), Valet parking (surcharge), Parking limited (surcharge)
- Room Amenities
- Premium TV channels
- Premium bedding
- Air conditioning
- Multi-line phone
- Bathroom phone
- Wake-up calls
- Daily housekeeping
- Extra towels/bedding
- Turndown service (on request)
- Hair dryer
- Designer toiletries
- Clock radio
- Electronic/magnetic keys
- Iron/ironing board
- In-room safe
- Complimentary newspaper
- Wired high-speed Internet access (surcharge)
- Climate control
Fornetto Mei Restaurant - Sophisticated bistro serves Italian and Formosan-Taiwanese cuisine in an elegant room warmed by a wood-burning oven. Seating is available in an indoor light-filled atrium area. Specialties include thin-crust pizzas and handmade dumplings. Lunch, dinner, and weekend brunch.
Whitehall Place Lounge - Renowned gathering spot for Chicago's movers and shakers, the original Whitehall Club was among the first to serve alcohol after the repeal of Prohibition. Bar features 200 specialty martinis, 40 different wines by the glass, and a selection of single malt whiskies, port, Madeira, and sherry.
Fornetto Mei Little Wine Shoppe - A tiny wine shop in the restaurant offers a selection of wines for purchase.
Mei's Corner - Mei means beautiful in Mandarin and sets the tone for this unique Asian dining experience. Using only the freshest and finest ingredients, Mei's Corner delivers authentic Mandarin, Szechuan and Taiwanese delicacies that are all made to order.
The hotel has a fitness room with an array of treadmills, ellipticals, stairmasters, and other cardiov machines. The fitness room also offers free weights, water, towels, and TVs.
The Whitehall is 3.5 blocks from a path along Lake Michigan which is popular for running, biking, and skating. The Marovitz public golf course, four miles from the hotel, offers a challenging and scenic golf experience overlooking the lake.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Sailing nearby
- Tennis nearby
- Bicycle rentals nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Running track/path nearby
To make requests for specific accessibility needs, complete the “Special or Accessibility Requests" section of “Trip Preferences" when you book your hotel.
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible bathroom
- Roll-in shower
- In-room accessibility
- Accessibility equipment for the deaf
- Braille or raised signage
Policies & Fees
Minimum check-in age is 21
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Check-out time is noon
- Payment types
Accepted at this hotel: American Express, Diners Club, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
- The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
- Fee for in-room high-speed Internet (wired): USD 9.95 (for 24 hours, rates may vary)
- Fee for high-speed Internet (wired) in all public areas: USD 9.95 (for 24 hours, rates may vary)
- Fee for high-speed Internet (wired) in business center: USD 9.95 (for 24 hours, rates may vary)
- Valet parking fee: USD 57 per night (in/out privileges)
- Refrigerator fee: USD 10 per day
- In-room microwave fee: USD 10 per day
- Rollaway bed fee: USD 20.00 per night