Availability: Excelsior Hotel Ernst
Superior Double RoomMax Occupancy: 3 guests (up to 2 children)
Deluxe Room, 1 King BedMax Occupancy: 3 guests (up to 2 children)
Junior Suite, 1 King BedMax Occupancy: 3 guests (up to 2 children)
Suite, 1 King BedMax Occupancy: 3 guests (up to 2 children)
Superior Single Room, 1 Single BedMax Occupancy: 1 guest
Luxury grand hotel, awarded with five stars, vis-à-vis to the Cologne Cathedral
In the center of Cologne
The luxury hotel is situated in the center of Cologne, opposite to the cathedral. The main station is just one minute by foot. Museums, the historic center and the Rhine river are also withinin walking distance
The innovative French Hanse Stube and the East Asian Michelin star-rated taku are the two restaurants of the Excelsior Hotel Ernst. The Piano Bar offers excellent cocktail classics and a large variety of cigars
In addition to the free of charge minibar, the free use of the business center as well as the sauna and fitness area, the hotel offers Valet Parking, shoe-shine service and concierge serviceInformation missing or incorrect? Tell us!
Excelsior Hotel Ernst Amenities
The Excelsior Hotel Ernst has two renowned restaurants: taku and the Hanse Stube. Enjoy a drink at the Piano bar in a relaxed atmosphere. High-speed internet access is available for a fee in the public areas.
This five-star hotel provides business travelers the following: business center (24/7), secretary and limousine service. Function rooms, ballrooms and exhibition areas belong to the event premises. Furthermore, this luxury hotel features fitness facilities, steam bath area and a terrace. The Excelsior Hotel Ernst has a designated smoking area in the Piano bar.
- Supervised childcare/activities (surcharge)
- 24-hour business center
- Steam room
- Limo or Town Car service available
- 24-hour front desk
- Multilingual staff
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Number of floors - 6
- Babysitting or childcare
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Year Built 1863
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Coffee/tea in lobby
- Wired (high-speed) Internet access - surcharge
- Designated smoking areas
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Express check-in
- Total number of rooms - 142
- Laundry facilities
- One meeting room
- Luggage storage
- Room service (24 hours)
- Self parking (surcharge)
- Shopping on site
- Smoke-free property
- Airport transportation (surcharge)
- Train station pickup (complimentary)
- Wedding services
Available in all rooms: Wireless Internet access ( $19.95 EUR /10 hours surcharge ) , Wired high-speed Internet access ( $17.00 EUR /24 hours surcharge )
Available in some public areas: Wired (high-speed) Internet access - surcharge
Self parking (surcharge)
- Room Amenities
- Individually furnished
- Pillow menu
- Connecting/adjoining rooms available
- Flat-panel TV
- Turndown service
- In-room childcare (surcharge)
- Pay movies
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Separate sitting area
- Hair dryer
- Air conditioning
- Complimentary bottled water
- Daily housekeeping
- Private bathroom
- Complimentary toiletries
- Satellite TV service
- Wireless Internet access (surcharge)
- Wired high-speed Internet access (surcharge)
- Rollaway/extra beds available
- Cribs/infant beds available
- In-room safe (laptop compatible)
- Climate control
- Soundproofed rooms
- Complimentary newspaper
- In-room massage available
taku, the house of hospitality, awarded with one Michelin star, is specialized in East Asian cuisine. Exotic specialties are served for lunch or dinner in timeless elegance and modern atmosphere. Lunch@taku from 10 Euro. The restaurant is closed on mondays.
The Hanse Stube serves innovative French cuisine with regional influences both for lunch and dinner. Exquisite wines from all over the world complete the culinary offer. A kids menu is offered additionally for the young guests. Business lunch in the Hanse Stube for 21 Euro.
In addition the following service is offered: Room service (24 hours)
With its 2000 years of history, Cologne has a lot to offer to its visitors. Cologne Cathedral is Germany’s most visited tourist attraction. On almost every corner of the city, visitors discover roman constructions and interesting museums.
A summary of Cologne most important tourist attractions: Cologne Cathedral, Skulpturenpark, Zoo and Flora, Romanic churches, Old Town, Triangle Tower, Museum Ludwig, Wallraf Richartz Museum, Chocolate Museum, Carnival Museum, Museum for East Asian art
To make requests for specific accessibility needs, complete the “Special or Accessibility Requests" section of “Trip Preferences" when you book your hotel.
- Accessible bathroom
- Roll-in shower
- Accessible parking
- In-room accessibility
Excelsior Hotel Ernst Policies & Fees
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Special check-in instructions:
The city of Cologne imposes a culture tax (Kulturförderabgabe). The amount is included in the total price displayed. Business travelers may be exempt from this tax and need to contact the hotel for further information or ask the hotel at check-in. Guests can contact the property using the information contained in the confirmation received after booking.
Check-out time is 1 PM
- Payment types
Accepted at this hotel: American Express, Diners Club, JCB International, MasterCard, Visa
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
- No onsite parking is available.
- The city of Cologne imposes a culture tax (Kulturförderabgabe). The amount is included in the total price displayed. Business travelers may be exempt from this tax and need to contact the hotel for further information or ask the hotel at check-in. Guests can contact the property using the information contained in the confirmation received after booking.The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
- Breakfast fee: EUR 32 per person (approximately)
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: EUR 19.95 (for 10 hours, rates may vary)
- Fee for in-room high-speed Internet (wired): EUR 17 (for 24 hours, rates may vary)
- Self parking fee: EUR 27 per night
- Pet fee: EUR 30 per night
- Rollaway bed fee: EUR 40 per night
- Additional Details
Reservations are required for massage services. Reservations can be made by contacting the hotel prior to arrival, using the contact information on the booking confirmation. Children 12 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding. The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation.
Awards & Affiliations
- The property is a member of the Leading Hotels of the World.
Free Minibar Promotion
Book a stay in any room type and receive the following:
- Complimentary beverages
Hotelstars Union assigns an official star rating for properties in Germany. This property is rated 5 star Superior.