Book your room at The Taj Mahal Hotel
Please enter your travel dates.
Deluxe Room, 1 King Bed
- 1 king
Deluxe Room, 2 Single Beds
- Two Twin Beds
- FREE Breakfast
Breakfast is included in your stay.
- 1 king
Luxury Room, 1 Single Bed
- FREE Breakfast
Breakfast is included in your stay.
- One Twin Bed
5-star luxury hotel in New Delhi near National Museum
Situated in the city center, this luxury hotel is close to Khan Market, National Museum, and Humayun's Tomb. Also nearby are India Gate and Lodhi Garden.
In addition to 7 restaurants, The Taj Mahal Hotel features an outdoor pool. Other amenities include a full-service spa and a bar/lounge.
LCD televisions come with premium cable channels. Guestrooms also feature wireless Internet access (surcharge), high-speed (wired) Internet access (surcharge), and air conditioning.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!
The Taj Mahal Hotel
In addition to a full-service spa, The Taj Mahal Hotel features an outdoor pool and a health club. Dining is available at one of the hotel's 7 restaurants and guests can grab coffee at the coffee shop/café. The property also has a snack bar/deli. A bar/lounge is on site where guests can unwind with a drink. A complimentary evening social is offered on select days. High-speed wired and wireless Internet access is available for a surcharge.
Business amenities at this 5-star property consist of a 24-hour business center, secretarial services, and limo/town car service. Event facilities include conference/meeting rooms, small meeting rooms, and a ballroom. This luxury hotel also offers a spa tub, a sauna, and a steam room. Complimentary valet parking is available on site.
The Taj Mahal Hotel has designated areas for smoking.
- 24-hour front desk
- Air-conditioned public areas
- Audiovisual equipment
- Babysitting or childcare
- Banquet facilities
- Number of floors - 11
- Beauty services
- Business services
- Coffee shop or café
- Complimentary newspapers in lobby
- Concierge desk
- Multiple large conference rooms
- Currency exchange
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Event catering
- Exhibit space
- Express check-in
- Express check-out
- Full-service health spa
- Hair salon
- Health club
- Total number of rooms - 294
- Limo or Town Car service available
- Massage - spa treatment room(s)
- Multiple small meeting rooms
- Free parking
- Room service (24 hours)
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Number of restaurants - 7
- Secretarial services
- Security guard
- Shopping on site
- Spa tub
- Steam room
- Swimming pool - outdoor
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Coffee/tea in lobby
- Tour assistance
- Gift shops or newsstand
- Wireless Internet access - surcharge
- Wired (high-speed) Internet access - surcharge
- Technology support staff
- Designated smoking areas
- Beach/pool umbrellas
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Designated smoking areas (fines apply)
- Laundry facilities
- Medical assistance available
- Multilingual staff
- Free valet parking
- Train station pickup (complimentary)
- Year Built 1978
- Snack bar/deli
- 24-hour business center
- Number of meeting/conference rooms - 12
- Spa services on site
- Supervised childcare/activities
- Translation services
- Wedding services
Available in all rooms: Wireless Internet access (surcharge), Wired high-speed Internet access (surcharge)
Available in some public areas: Wireless Internet access - surcharge, Wired (high-speed) Internet access - surcharge
Free parking, Free valet parking
- In the room
- Shower/tub combination
- Bathtub or shower
- Free movie channels
- Premium bedding
- Climate control
- Air conditioning
- Complimentary newspaper
- Direct-dial phone
- Premium TV channels
- Complimentary bottled water
- Coffee/tea maker
- Daily housekeeping
- Turndown service
- Hair dryer
- Soundproofed rooms
- Private bathroom
- Complimentary toiletries
- In-room childcare (surcharge)
- Iron/ironing board (on request)
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- In-room safe (laptop compatible)
- Cable TV service
- Wireless Internet access (surcharge)
- Wired high-speed Internet access (surcharge)
- Pillow menu
- LCD TV
- Eat and drink
The hotel offers a complimentary evening social on select days.
Machan - This coffee shop overlooks the garden. Guests can enjoy drinks at the bar. A children's menu is available. Afternoon tea is offered. Open 24 hours.
Varq - Overlooking the garden, this fine-dining restaurant serves lunch and dinner. Guests can enjoy drinks at the bar. Reservations are required.
Wasabi by Morimoto - This fine-dining restaurant serves lunch and dinner. Guests can enjoy drinks at the bar. Reservations are required.
House of Ming - Overlooking the garden, this fine-dining restaurant serves lunch and dinner. Guests can enjoy drinks at the bar. Reservations are required.
The Grill Room - Chambers - This fine-dining restaurant serves lunch and dinner. Guests can enjoy drinks at the bar. Reservations are required.
24-hour room service is available.
An outdoor pool and a spa tub are on site. Other recreational amenities include a health club, a sauna, and a steam room.
Children under 12 years old are not allowed in the swimming pool, health club, fitness facility, or spa tub without adult supervision.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or nearby; fees may apply.
- Golfing nearby
- Tennis nearby
- Swimming on site
- Yoga classes/instruction on site
The Spa has 4 treatment rooms including rooms for couples and outdoor treatment areas. Services include massages, facials, body scrubs, and body treatments. A variety of treatment therapies are provided, including aromatherapy and hydrotherapy. The spa is equipped with a sauna, a spa tub, and Turkish bath/hammam.
Children under 12 years old are not allowed in the spa without adult supervision.
- Hydrotherapy treatments
- Turkish bath/Hammam in spa
- Sauna in spa
- Spa tub in spa
- Number of treatment rooms 4
- Outdoor treatment areas
- Couples treatment rooms
- Manicures and pedicures
- Body scrubs
- Aromatherapy treatments
- Body treatments
- Facial treatments
To make requests for specific accessibility needs, complete the “Special or Accessibility Requests" section of “Trip Preferences" when you book your hotel.
- In-room accessibility
The Fine Print for The Taj Mahal Hotel
Check-in time starts at 2 PM
Special check-in instructions:
To register at this property, guests who are Indian citizens must provide a valid photo identity card issued by the Government of India; Permanent Account Number (PAN) cards will not be accepted due to national regulations. Guests who are foreign nationals must present a valid passport and visa.
Indian citizens must show a PAN card at check-out for cash transactions exceeding INR 25000.
Check-out time is noon
- How you can pay
Accepted at this hotel: American Express, Carte Blanche, Diners Club, Discover, JCB International, MasterCard, Visa
- You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
- Unless otherwise indicated, the charges below are not included in the overall room price. If not included in the overall room price, they will be charged by the property at check-in or check-out. Charges can vary, for example, based on length of stay or the room you book. This property told us they will charge you for the following:
We have included all charges provided to us by the property. However, charges can vary, for example, based on length of stay or the room you book.The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- A 0.625 percent city/local tax will be charged
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: INR 665 per 24-hour period (rates may vary)
- Fee for in-room high-speed Internet (wired): INR 665 per 24-hour period (rates may vary)
- Fee for wireless Internet in public areas: INR 665 per 24-hour period (rates may vary)
- Airport shuttle fee: INR 3396 per vehicle (one way)
- We Should Mention
This property offers transfers from the train station. Guests must contact the property with arrival details before travel, using the contact information on the booking confirmation. Reservations are required for massage services and spa treatments. Reservations can be made by contacting the hotel prior to arrival, using the contact information on the booking confirmation. Children 12 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding. Only registered guests are allowed in the guestrooms.
Awards & Affiliations
- A Green / Sustainable Property - Third Party CertifiedThis property participates in Green Globe Certification, a third-party certification program that has been independently certified. Third-party certification measures the property's impact on one or more of the following: environment, community, cultural-heritage, the local economy. An objective assessment of a company's sustainable tourism practices has been performed at this property by an auditor who is independent of the third-party certification program.
- The Taj Mahal Hotel is listed in the 2011 Condé Nast Traveler Gold List of the world's best places to stay.
- The property is a member of the Leading Hotels of the World.