Book your room at The Clarence
Central Dublin hotel facing the River Liffey
This hotel is in central Dublin, across Wellington Quay from the River Liffey. Millennium Bridge is 60 meters away, and the Four Courts and the Book of Kells are within 550 meters.
24-hour room service
The Clarence offers a restaurant, which inhabits the hotel’s original ballroom, and an eight-sided bar with a stained-glass ceiling. Room service is available 24 hours a day.
Guestrooms at The Clarence feature LCD TVs, minibars, complimentary wireless Internet access, beds with Egyptian-cotton linens, and decor and furniture made by Irish artisans.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!
The Clarence, owned by Bono and The Edge of the band U2, has a bar and restaurant. Room service is available 24 hours a day. This central Dublin hotel offers currency exchange, multilingual staff, dry cleaning, concierge services, and laundry facilities. Wireless Internet access and newspapers are complimentary. Banquet facilities and 4 small meeting rooms complete with audio-visual equipment are available on-site. Limited on-site parking is available for a surcharge (reservations required) as well as babysitting services (charges apply).
- Free! Complimentary newspapers in lobby
- Babysitting or childcare (surcharge)
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Limo or Town Car service available
- Meeting rooms
- Multilingual staff
- 24-hour front desk
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Total number of rooms - 50
- Number of floors - 4
- Gift shops or newsstand
- Laundry facilities
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Concierge services
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Wedding services
- Luggage storage
- Number of meeting rooms - 4
- Free! Free Wi-Fi
Available in all rooms: Free! Free Wi-Fi
Available in some public areas: Free! Free Wi-Fi
- Premium TV channels
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Premium bedding
- Room service (24 hours)
- Hair dryer
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- Free! Complimentary newspaper
- Free! Complimentary bottled water
- Daily housekeeping
- Private bathroom
- Bathtub only
- In-room childcare (surcharge)
- In-room safe
- Satellite TV service
- Iron/ironing board (on request)
- Rollaway/extra beds available
- Cribs/infant beds available
- In-room massage available
- Climate control
- Free! Complimentary toiletries
- Connecting/adjoining rooms available
- Free! Free Wi-Fi
- Egyptian-cotton sheets
- LCD TV
Where to Eat
Tea Room Restaurant - Serving breakfast, lunch, afternoon tea, and dinner. Twenty-foot ceilings. Located in the hotel’s original ballroom on the ground floor with an Essex Street entrance.
Octagon Bar - Eight-sided bar room original to the hotel. Fireplaces, stained-glass domed ceiling, and an original Art Deco floor. Menu includes cocktails and beers.
Room Service - Available 24 hours a day.
Nearby Things to Do
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or nearby; fees may apply.
- Golfing nearby
- Personal motorized watercraft on site
- Windsurfing nearby
- Sailing nearby
- Scuba diving nearby
- Rafting nearby
- Mountain biking nearby
- Scooter/moped rentals nearby
- Bicycle rentals nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Parasailing nearby
Minimum check-in age is 18
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Special check-in instructions:
Check-out time is noon
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
- Breakfast fee: EUR 15 per person (approximately)
- Valet parking fee: EUR 25 per day
- Rollaway bed fee: EUR 70 per night
We should mention
Children 16 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding. The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation.
Official Ireland Rating provided by Fáilte Ireland (The National Tourism Development Authority)
Fáilte Ireland (The National Tourism Development Authority) assigns an official star rating for accommodations in Ireland. This Hotel property is rated 4 stars.