Book your room at Protea Hotel Marine
Please enter your travel dates.
Seafacing Twin Non Smoking - Room Only
- Two Twin Beds
Executive Room, Non Smoking - Room Only
- One Queen Bed
Queen Family Non Smoking - Room Only
- One Queen Bed
Family Suite, Non Smoking - Room Only
- One Queen Bed
Delightful beach hotel with a sauna
This Port Elizabeth hotel is located by the ocean, nestled on the beach a short distance from Summerstrand Beach, Hobie Beach, and Humewood Beach. Also nearby are Bayworld and Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University.
Guests of this beach hotel will appreciate convenient onsite amenities such as a fitness center and a steam room.
Televisions come with satellite channels. Guestrooms also feature wireless Internet access (surcharge), air conditioning, and safes.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!
Protea Hotel Marine
In addition to an outdoor pool, Protea Hotel Marine provides a sauna, a steam room, and a fitness center. The hotel offers a restaurant. A bar/lounge is on site where guests can unwind with a drink. Public areas are equipped with high-speed wireless Internet access (surcharge).
Business amenities at this 4-star property consist of a business center, secretarial services, and a meeting/conference room. This beach hotel also offers tour/ticket assistance, a garden, and complimentary newspapers in the lobby. Complimentary parking is available on site. A total renovation of this property was completed in December 2010.
- Swimming pool - outdoor
- Steam room
- Complimentary newspapers in lobby
- Use of nearby fitness center (discount)
- Fitness facilities
- Air-conditioned public areas
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Room service (24 hours)
- Free parking
- Secure parking
- Business center
- Banquet facilities
- Secretarial services
- 24-hour front desk
- Babysitting or childcare
- Tour assistance
- Laundry facilities
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Currency exchange
- Total number of rooms - 114
- Luggage storage
- One meeting/conference room
- Number of floors - 7
- Medical assistance available
- Airport transportation (surcharge)
- Wireless Internet access - surcharge
- Self parking
- Year Built 1955
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
Available in all rooms: Wireless Internet access (surcharge)
Available in some public areas: Wireless Internet access - surcharge
Free parking, Secure parking, Self parking
- In the room
- Air conditioning
- Complimentary newspaper
- Direct-dial phone
- Coffee/tea maker
- Daily housekeeping
- Extra towels/bedding
- Complimentary toiletries
- Hair dryer
- In-room childcare (surcharge)
- Satellite TV service
- In-room safe
- Iron/ironing board (on request)
- Wireless Internet access (surcharge)
- Eat and drink
La Mer - Overlooking the ocean, this restaurant serves breakfast, lunch, dinner, and brunch.
24-hour room service is available.
Recreational amenities at the hotel include an outdoor pool, a sauna, a steam room, and a fitness center.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or nearby; fees may apply.
- Golf - driving range nearby
- Golfing nearby
- Snorkeling nearby
- Boating nearby
- Surfing/boogie boarding nearby
- Personal motorized watercraft on site
- Dock nearby
- Rafting nearby
- Rowing or canoeing nearby
- Kayaking nearby
- Sailing nearby
- Scuba diving nearby
- Water skiing nearby
- Windsurfing nearby
- Whale-watching nearby
- Boat launch nearby
- Motor boating nearby
- Pilates classes/instruction nearby
- Yoga classes/instruction nearby
- Racquetball/squash nearby
- Aerobics nearby
- Running track/path nearby
- Tennis nearby
- Bicycle rentals nearby
- Scooter/moped rentals nearby
- Horse riding/rental nearby
- Fishing nearby
- Bird watching nearby
- Playground nearby
- Tennis lessons available nearby
- Ecotours nearby
- Golf lessons available nearby
- Swimming on site
To make requests for specific accessibility needs, complete the “Special or Accessibility Requests" section of “Trip Preferences" when you book your hotel.
- Accessible bathroom
- Accessible parking
- Roll-in shower
The Fine Print for Protea Hotel Marine
Check-in time starts at 2:30 PM
Check-out time is 11 AM
- How you can pay
Accepted at this hotel: American Express, Diners Club, MasterCard, Visa
- You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
- Unless otherwise indicated, the charges below are not included in the overall room price. If not included in the overall room price, they will be charged by the property at check-in or check-out. Charges can vary, for example, based on length of stay or the room you book. This property told us they will charge you for the following:
We have included all charges provided to us by the property. However, charges can vary, for example, based on length of stay or the room you book.
- A city/local tax will be charged
- We Should Mention
A resort fee is included in the total price displayed.
Quality Graded by the Tourism Grading Council of South Africa (TGCSA) – South Africa’s official quality assurance organization.