Availability: Apex Waterloo Place Hotel
City Twin Room, 2 Single BedsMax Occupancy: 2 guests (up to 1 child, 1 infant)
City Double Room Single UseMax Occupancy: 1 guest
City Double RoomMax Occupancy: 2 guests (up to 1 child, 1 infant)
Superior Double Room, 1 King BedMax Occupancy: 2 guests (up to 1 child, 1 infant)
Deluxe Double RoomMax Occupancy: 4 guests (up to 1 child, 1 infant)
Master SuiteMax Occupancy: 2 guests (up to 1 child, 1 infant)
Duplex SuiteMax Occupancy: 2 guests (up to 1 child, 1 infant)
Luxury Edinburgh hotel with pool, near Princes Street
+VIP Access™ Hotel
We carefully hand-picked this hotel based on its dedication to service and excellent guest reviews.
Expedia+ rewards +gold members receive free room upgrades and +gold and +silver members get other perks upon availability at check-in.See details
Near Edinburgh Castle
This handsomely updated landmark building stands at the east end of Edinburgh's famous Princes Street. The Waverley train station is a two-minute walk. Edinburgh Castle is just 0.9 km (0.6 mi) away.
Indoor pool, sauna
This smoke-free hotel features an indoor pool, sauna, gym, and spa treatments. The acclaimed Elliot's Restaurant serves modern Scottish cuisine in a stylish setting with the original 19th-century fireplaces.
42-inch LCD TVs
Guestrooms at Apex Waterloo Place Hotel include 42-inch LCD TVs, complimentary wireless Internet access, premium bedding, and compact refrigerators. Guests receive a signature Apex rubber duck as a gift.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!
Apex Waterloo Place Hotel Amenities
Built in 1819 and fully updated, Apex Waterloo Place Hotel offers an ideal city-centre location at the east end of Princes Street, by the base of Carlton Hill. Waverley Station is just steps away, and Edinburgh Castle is within a 10-minute walk.
This smoke-free hotel is home to the Yu Spa, featuring a naturally lit indoor pool, a state-of-the-art fitness centre, a sauna, and spa treatments (surcharge).
The on-site Elliott's Restaurant and Bar showcases modern Scottish cuisine in a stylishly appointed dining room with the original fireplaces, ornate ceiling, and large Georgian windows overlooking the street. The restaurant serves breakfast, lunch, dinner, and afternoon tea. The restaurant also offers a children's menus. Room service is available 24 hours a day. Other amenities include complimentary wireless Internet access, business and concierge services, conference facilities, and a 24-hour front desk.
- 24-hour front desk
- Conference space
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Express check-out
- Fitness facilities
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Free Wi-Fi
- Luggage storage
- Total number of rooms - 187
- Business center
- Express check-in
- Laundry facilities
- Number of floors - 10
- Spa treatment room(s)
- Meeting rooms
- Multilingual staff
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Conference space size (meters) - 96
- Spa services on site
- Steam room
- Indoor pool
- Wedding services
- Room service (24 hours)
- Number of meeting rooms - 5
- Year Built 1819
- Conference space size (feet) - 1029
- Smoke-free property
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
Available in all rooms: Free Wi-Fi
Available in some public areas: Free Wi-Fi
- Room Amenities
- Air conditioning
- Complimentary weekday newspaper
- Free local calls
- Coffee/tea maker
- Complimentary bottled water
- Daily housekeeping
- Private bathroom
- Designer toiletries
- Separate bathtub and shower
- Iron/ironing board
- Flat-panel TV
- Cribs/infant beds available
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- Digital TV service
- Free Wi-Fi
Apex Waterloo Place Hotel has a restaurant serving breakfast, lunch, and dinner. A children's menu and 24-hour room service are available.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or nearby; fees may apply.
- Golfing nearby
The on-site Yu Spa offers body wraps, body treatments, facial treatments, manicures and pedicures, massages, and couples treatments.
Advanced reservation is required for massages and treatments.
- Number of treatment rooms 2
- Couples treatment rooms
- Manicures and pedicures
- Body wraps
- Body treatments
- Facial treatments
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible bathroom
- Roll-in shower
- Accessible parking
- In-room accessibility
Apex Waterloo Place Hotel Policies & Fees
Check-in time starts at 2:30 PM
Check-out time is Noon
- Payment types
Accepted at this hotel: American Express, MasterCard, Visa
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
- No onsite parking is available.
- Additional Details
Reservations are required for massage services and spa treatments. Reservations can be made by contacting the hotel prior to arrival, using the contact information on the booking confirmation.
Awards & Affiliations
- A Green / Sustainable Property - Third Party CertifiedThis property participates in Green Tourism Business Scheme (GTBS), a third-party certification program that has been independently certified. Third-party certification measures the property's impact on one or more of the following: environment, community, cultural-heritage, the local economy. An objective assessment of a company's sustainable tourism practices has been performed at this property by an auditor who is independent of the third-party certification program.
Kids eat free offer:
- Children up to 12 years old eat free when dining off the kids' menu with an accompanying paying guest staying and dining at the hotel