Please enter your travel dates.
Executive Apartment, 1 Bedroom
- One Double Bed
Standard Apartment, 2 Bedrooms
- One Double Bed
Executive Apartment, 2 Bedrooms
- Two Double Beds
Premium Apartment, 2 Bedrooms
- Two Double Beds
Central apartment hotel close to Edinburgh Castle, shops and attractions
Near Princes Street
Located on Queen Street our fabulous apartment hotel is the perfect location for your needs. The castle, shops, restaurants and museums are all nearby. The apartment hotel is a delightful 19th century building.
Onsite fitness centre
All guests have complimentary use of the onsite fitness centre and free tea and coffee is served to guests in the lounge. We have our own landscaped garden and access to the private Queen Street Garden.
Internet access and more
All of our apartments have wired and wireless Internet available,movies on demand, lounge, dining area and full kitchen with oven/hob, microwave and a free onsite guest laundry. Daily housekeeping is available.
The Blue Rainbow ApartHotel Edinburgh Royal Garden has a fantastic location on Queen Street in the heart of historic Edinburgh. Formerly known as Royal Garden Apartments this beautiful building has undergone renovations recently offering first class apartment living. We have an onsite fitness centre that is complimentary for guests to use as well as a luxurious lounge serving complimentary tea and coffee to guests. The apartment hotel boasts its own private landscaped garden and access to the private Queen Street Gardens.
- Concierge services
- Total number of rooms - 30
- 24-hour front desk
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Laundry facilities
- Number of floors - 6
- Self parking (surcharge)
- Luggage storage
- Coffee/tea in lobby
- Coffee shop or café
- Fitness facilities
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Parking nearby
- Parking nearby (surcharge)
- Year Built 1880
- Smoke-free property
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
Available in all rooms: Wireless Internet access (surcharge), Wired high-speed Internet access (surcharge)
Self parking (surcharge), Parking nearby, Parking nearby (surcharge)
- Room Amenities
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Separate sitting area
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- Climate control
- Premium TV channels
- Coffee/tea maker
- Pay movies
- Hair dryer
- Makeup/shaving mirror
- Shower/tub combination
- Welcome amenities
- Electronic/magnetic keys
- Iron/ironing board
- In-room safe
- Window opens
- Clock radio
- Cribs/infant beds available
- Free local calls
- Direct-dial phone
- Wake-up calls
- Daily housekeeping
- Private bathroom
- Trouser press
- Rollaway/extra beds available
- Cookware, dishware, and utensils
- Full-sized refrigerator/freezer
- Kitchen linens (dishtowels, sponges, etc.)
- Satellite TV service
- Wireless Internet access (surcharge)
- Wired high-speed Internet access (surcharge)
- Dial-up Internet access (surcharge)
- TV Internet access (surcharge)
- Egyptian-cotton sheets
- Sleep Number by Select Comfort mattress
- Signature bedding
- Plasma TV
- City view
- Garden view
The hotel does not have restaurant onsite, but there are several several sandwich bars, restaurants, and coffee shops nearby, offering hearty breakfast/brunches. There are also two supermarkets in close proximity. Nearby restaurants: Vin Café Haldanes The Dome Stac Polly Harvey Nichols Forth Floor Brasserie.
Close to the Edinburgh Playhouse, Edinburgh Castle, and several restaurants and bars.
Golfers have a choice of numerous courses just outside Edinburgh. Two miles southeast of the city, the 18-hole Prestonfield course is open to non-members and offers superb views of the Holyrood Park. The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
To make requests for specific accessibility needs, complete the “Special or Accessibility Requests" section of “Trip Preferences" when you book your hotel.
- Accessible bathroom
- In-room accessibility
Policies & Fees
Minimum check-in age is 18
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Check-out time is 11 AM
- Payment types
Accepted at this hotel: American Express, Visa
Pets not allowed
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
- No onsite parking is available.
- Minimum Spring Break check-in age is 18 years old.
- The name on the credit card used at check-in to pay for incidentals must be the primary name on the guestroom reservation.
Minimum guest age is 18
- The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: GBP 10 (for 24 hours, rates may vary)
- Fee for in-room high-speed Internet (wired): GBP 10 (for 24 hours, rates may vary)
- Self parking fee: GBP 20.00 per night
- Late check-out fee: GBP 10
- Deposit: GBP 100 per stay
- Breakage deposit: GBP 100 per stay
- Additional towels/sheets fee: GBP 10 per night
- Crib (infant bed) fee: GBP 6 per night
- Rollaway bed fee: GBP 30 per night