Book your room at Old Waverley Hotel
Historic hotel on Edinburgh's Princes Street
Built in 1848, this eight-storey Victorian hotel is on Princes Street, with views of Edinburgh's famous castle and opposite Waverley railway station.
Guests of Old Waverley Hotel can savor traditional Scottish cooking in the restaurant and enjoy drinks in the bar; there is 24-hour room service and front desk.
The 85 guestrooms have warm decor and wooden furniture; all include flat-screen satellite televisions, direct-dial phones, and tea and coffee making facilities.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!
Guests of Old Waverley Hotel can enjoy an array of amenities including a bar and lounge, 24-hour room service, and a 24-hour front desk. Discount rates are offered at a nearby car park for guests arriving by car.
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- WiFi (surcharge)
- Concierge services
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- 24-hour front desk
- Television in lobby
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Luggage storage
- Smoke-free property
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
- Number of floors - 8
- Total number of rooms - 85
- Year Built 1848
Available in all rooms: Wireless internet access (5.00 GBP per 24 hours surcharge)
Available in some public areas: Wireless internet access (5.00 GBP per 24 hours surcharge)
- WiFi (surcharge)
- Room service (24 hours)
- Flat-panel TV
- Satellite TV service
- Pay movies
- Coffee/tea maker
- In-room safe
- Free toiletries
- Iron/ironing board (on request)
- Climate control
- Private bathroom
Where to Eat
Cranston's Restaurant - Open for breakfast, lunch and dinner and serving traditional Scottish and European cuisine, this first floor restaurant has views of Princes Street Gardens and the castle.
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Special check-in instructions:
Check-out time is 11 AM
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
- No onsite parking is available.
- Fee for full breakfast: GBP 8.95 per person (approximately)
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: GBP 5.00 (for 24 hours, rates may vary)
- Fee for wireless Internet in public areas: GBP 5.00 (for 24 hours, rates may vary)