Availability: The George Hotel
Deluxe Double RoomMax Occupancy: 3 guests (up to 1 child, 1 infant)
Deluxe Double Room, Sea ViewMax Occupancy: 3 guests (up to 1 child, 1 infant)
Standard Single Room, 1 Single BedMax Occupancy: 1 guest
Superior, Two Twin BedsMax Occupancy: 2 guests (up to 1 child, 1 infant)
Superior, One King BedMax Occupancy: 2 guests (up to 1 child, 1 infant)
Junior SuiteMax Occupancy: 3 guests (up to 1 child, 1 infant)
Standard Double RoomMax Occupancy: 2 guests (up to 1 child, 1 infant)
Standard Twin Room, 2 Single BedsMax Occupancy: 2 guests (up to 1 child, 1 infant)
Stately Edinburgh Georgian hotel on George Street
Near art gallery
Located amid the shops and restaurants of Edinburgh's fashionable George Street, this hotel is a block from Princes Street and a quarter-mile from the National Gallery.
Guests can dine in the new Tempus Bar and restaurant with local dishes ranging from Buccleuch beef to Loch Fyne Oysters and the bar also operates a more informal menu.
The 249 guestrooms of The George Hotel offer digital television with premium channels, Internet access, direct-dial phones with voice mail, hair dryers, and writing desks.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!
The George Hotel Amenities
This centrally located Edinburgh hotel is near the shops and restaurants of Edinburgh's fashionable George Street. A block from Princes Street and a quarter-mile from the National Gallery, The George Hotel is within easy access to the train station, airport, and a convention center. Guests will enjoy the close proximity to museums, art galleries, and Scottish monuments.
The George Hotel offers guests with many services and amenities, ensuring a comfortable stay. Amenities include banquet and exhibit facilities, wedding services, currency exchange, wireless and wired high-speed Internet access (surcharge), laundry facilities, and multilingual staff who can provide tour information and ticket assistance.
Business facilities include 9 meeting rooms with audiovisual equipment available, catering, and a business center. Parking is available nearby, at a discounted rate. A roundtrip airport shuttle is available for a fee and requires 24-hour advance notice.
- Complimentary newspapers in lobby
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Room service (24 hours)
- Business center
- 24-hour front desk
- Multilingual staff
- Total number of rooms - 249
- Laundry facilities
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Coffee/tea in lobby
- Wedding services
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Wireless Internet access - surcharge
- Wired (high-speed) Internet access - surcharge
- Express check-in
- Luggage storage
- Year Built 1775
- Number of meeting rooms - 9
- Offsite parking discounted rates available
- Smoke-free property
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
- Airport transportation (surcharge)
Available in all rooms: Wired high-speed Internet access ( $9.95 GBP / per 24-hour period )
Available in some public areas: Wireless Internet access - surcharge , Wired (high-speed) Internet access - ( $9.95 GBP / per 24-hour period )
Offsite parking discounted rates available
- Room Amenities
- Premium TV channels
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Coffee/tea maker
- Private bathroom
- Complimentary toiletries
- Hair dryer
- Shower/tub combination
- Iron/ironing board
- Daily housekeeping
- Digital TV service
- Climate control
- In-room safe
- Cribs/infant beds (complimentary)
- Wired high-speed Internet access (surcharge)
Tempus - Chic restaurant and bar with calm color tones and simple lighting that illuminates the slinky, chilled atmosphere. Offers breakfast, lunch, and dinner daily.
Room service is available 24 hours a day.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Golfing nearby
- Bicycle rentals nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Mountain biking nearby
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible bathroom
- Roll-in shower
- In-room accessibility
- Accessibility equipment for the deaf
- Braille or raised signage
The George Hotel Policies & Fees
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Check-out time is noon
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
- No onsite parking is available.
- The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Fee for in-room high-speed Internet (wired): GBP 9.95 per 24-hour period (rates may vary)
- Fee for high-speed Internet (wired) in public areas: GBP 9.95 per 24-hour period (rates may vary)
- Early check-in fee: GBP 10
- Deposit: GBP 50 per night
- Onsite credit card charges are subject to a surcharge
- Additional Details
This property offers transfers from the airport (surcharges may apply). Guests must contact the property with arrival details 24 hours prior to arrival, using the contact information on the booking confirmation.
Awards & Affiliations
- A Green / Sustainable Property - Third Party CertifiedThis property participates in Green Tourism Business Scheme (GTBS), a third-party certification program that has been independently certified. Third-party certification measures the property's impact on one or more of the following: environment, community, cultural-heritage, the local economy. An objective assessment of a company's sustainable tourism practices has been performed at this property by an auditor who is independent of the third-party certification program.