Availability: The Fairmont Hotel Macdonald
Please enter your travel dates.
Fairmont room - Winter Offer! 15% off.
Deluxe Room - Winter Offer! 15% off.
Fairmont View - Winter Offer! 15% off.
Deluxe View - Winter Offer! 15% off.
Historic Edmonton hotel near theatre, pubs, eateries
On the North Saskatchewan River and a landmark in the city since 1915, this Edmonton hotel offer spectacular river valley views, 1 block from the Shaw Conference Centre and 2 blocks from the Citadel Theatre.
Pool, fitness center
Reminiscent of a 16th-century French chateau, Macdonald Health Club offers a complimentary fitness center with indoor pool, kids' pool, whirlpool, steam room, and sauna.
The 199 guestrooms at The Fairmont Hotel Macdonald provide either cityscape or river valley views and offer high ceilings, pillowtop mattresses, premium bedding, marble bathrooms, and minibars.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!
The Fairmont Hotel Macdonald Amenities
The 24-hour business center offers 2 computers with printers and high-speed Internet access, fax machine, and photocopier (surcharge for all). Complimentary coffee, tea, newspapers, and magazines are provided. Wireless Internet access is available in the lobby, lounge, and meeting rooms (surcharge). Approximately 13,000 square feet (1,200 square meters) of flexible meeting space is available; the Wedgwood Room, with its china-patterned ceiling, is a favorite for weddings. The hotel's fine-dining restaurant and lounge are decorated with antiques and museum-quality art.
One block from Shaw Conference Centre and two blocks from the Citadel Theatre and Edmonton City Centre Mall, The Fairmont Hotel Macdonald has gardens, fountains, and a gazebo; one of Canada's largest urban parklands is steps away.
The health club (complimentary to guests) contains a 40 foot (12 meter) indoor saline pool, children's wading pool, spa tub, sauna, steam room, cardio- and strength-training equipment, and women's and men's locker rooms with showers. Therapeutic massage services, cranio-sacral therapy, Reiki, foot reflexology, and paraffin treatments also are available (surcharge).
Enjoy an after-work treat in The Fairmont Hotel Macdonald’s Confederation Lounge, featuring an outdoor patio and seasonal BBQ services, or indulge in a fine-dining experience in The Harvest Room, on the main floor of the hotel. For a pleasant and relaxed diner, take advantage of the hotel’s 24-hour in Room Dining for the ultimate experience in comfort and convenience.
- Swimming pool - indoor
- Swimming pool - children's
- Spa tub
- Massage - spa treatment room(s)
- Steam room
- Technology helpdesk
- Concierge desk
- Complimentary newspapers in lobby
- Health club
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Room service (24 hours)
- Parking garage
- Limo or Town Car service available
- Banquet facilities
- Business center
- Multiple large conference rooms
- Event catering
- Exhibit space
- Audiovisual equipment
- Total number of rooms - 199
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Express check-out
- Security guard
- 24-hour front desk
- Express check-in
- Multilingual staff
- Medical assistance available
- Gift shops or newsstand
- Tour assistance
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Coffee/tea in lobby
- Self parking (surcharge)
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Air-conditioned public areas
- Number of floors - 8
- Wedding services
- Parking limited (surcharge)
- Babysitting or childcare
- Airport transportation
- Number of restaurants - 2
- Free Wi-Fi
Available in some public areas: Free Wi-Fi
Self parking (surcharge), Valet parking (surcharge), Parking garage, Parking limited (surcharge)
- Room Amenities
- Pay movies
- Premium bedding
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Complimentary newspaper
- Air conditioning
- Climate control
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- Voice mail
- Coffee/tea maker
- Wake-up calls
- Turndown service (on request)
- Designer toiletries
- Complimentary toiletries
- Hair dryer
- Extra towels/bedding in room
- Makeup/shaving mirror
- In-room massage available
- Shower/tub combination
- In-room childcare (surcharge)
- Electronic check-out
- Electronic/magnetic keys
- Cable TV service
- Pillowtop mattress
- Iron/ironing board
- Clock radio
- Daily housekeeping
- Window opens
- Rollaway/extra beds available
- Cribs/infant beds available
- Flat-panel TV
The Harvest Room - Fine-dining restaurant located on the main floor of the hotel. Open daily for breakfast, lunch, and dinner; breakfast buffet served daily from 6:30 AM until 11 AM Monday through Friday, and from 7 AM until noon on weekends and holidays. A la carte breakfast also available.
The Confederation Lounge - Lounge equipped with outdoor patio and BBQ services (seasonal). Open daily from late morning to late evening; lunch, dinner, and appetizer menu.
24-hour in-room dining - For the ultimate experience in comfort and convenience. Children's menu available.
Enjoy a range of recreational amenities, including a visit to The Fairmont Hotel Macdonald Health Club complete with exercise equipment, an indoor swimming pool, whirlpool, sauna, steam room, and massage therapy services.
Additional features include babysitting/childcare, Smudge a yellow-lab canine ambassador welcoming guests in the lobby, and gift shops/newsstands.
- Golf - driving range nearby
- Golfing nearby
- Skiing - cross-country nearby
- Snowshoeing nearby
- Ice skating nearby
- Tennis nearby
- Running track/path nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Playground nearby
- Swimming on site
- Accessible bathroom
- Accessible path of travel
- In-room accessibility
The Fairmont Hotel Macdonald Policies & Fees
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Check-out time is noon
- Payment types
Accepted at this hotel: American Express, Diners Club, Discover, JCB International, MasterCard, Visa
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
- The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Self parking fee: CAD 25 per night (in/out privileges)
- Valet parking fee: CAD 35 per night (in/out privileges)
- Pet fee: CAD 25 per day
Awards & Affiliations
- A Green / Sustainable Property - Third Party CertifiedThis property participates in Green Key Eco-Rating Program, a third-party certification program that has been independently certified. Third-party certification measures the property's impact on one or more of the following: environment, community, cultural-heritage, the local economy. An objective assessment of a company's sustainable tourism practices has been performed at this property by an auditor who is independent of the third-party certification program.