Book your room at The Fairmont Hotel Macdonald
Fairmont roomMax Occupancy: 2 adults
Deluxe RoomMax Occupancy: 2 adults
Fairmont ViewMax Occupancy: 2 adults
Deluxe ViewMax Occupancy: 2 adults
Historic Edmonton hotel near theatre, pubs, eateries
On the North Saskatchewan River and a landmark in the city since 1915, this Edmonton hotel offer spectacular river valley views, 1 block from the Shaw Conference Centre and 2 blocks from the Citadel Theatre.
Pool, fitness center
Reminiscent of a 16th-century French chateau, Macdonald Health Club offers a complimentary fitness center with indoor pool, kids' pool, whirlpool, steam room, and sauna.
The 199 guestrooms at The Fairmont Hotel Macdonald provide either cityscape or river valley views and offer high ceilings, pillowtop mattresses, premium bedding, marble bathrooms, and minibars.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!
The Fairmont Hotel Macdonald
- The Overview
The 24-hour business center offers 2 computers with printers and high-speed Internet access, fax machine, and photocopier (surcharge for all). Complimentary coffee, tea, newspapers, and magazines are provided. Wireless Internet access is available in the lobby, lounge, and meeting rooms (surcharge). Approximately 13,000 square feet (1,200 square meters) of flexible meeting space is available; the Wedgwood Room, with its china-patterned ceiling, is a favorite for weddings. The hotel's fine-dining restaurant and lounge are decorated with antiques and museum-quality art.
One block from Shaw Conference Centre and two blocks from the Citadel Theatre and Edmonton City Centre Mall, The Fairmont Hotel Macdonald has gardens, fountains, and a gazebo; one of Canada's largest urban parklands is steps away.
The health club (complimentary to guests) contains a 40 foot (12 meter) indoor saline pool, children's wading pool, spa tub, sauna, steam room, cardio- and strength-training equipment, and women's and men's locker rooms with showers. Therapeutic massage services, cranio-sacral therapy, Reiki, foot reflexology, and paraffin treatments also are available (surcharge).
Enjoy an after-work treat in The Fairmont Hotel Macdonald’s Confederation Lounge, featuring an outdoor patio and seasonal BBQ services, or indulge in a fine-dining experience in The Harvest Room, on the main floor of the hotel. For a pleasant and relaxed diner, take advantage of the hotel’s 24-hour in Room Dining for the ultimate experience in comfort and convenience.
- Swimming pool - indoor
- Swimming pool - children's
- Spa tub
- Massage - spa treatment room(s)
- Steam room
- Technology helpdesk
- Concierge desk
- Complimentary newspapers in lobby
- Health club
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Room service (24 hours)
- Parking garage
- Limo or Town Car service available
- Banquet facilities
- Business center
- Multiple large conference rooms
- Event catering
- Exhibit space
- Audiovisual equipment
- Total number of rooms - 199
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Express check-in
- Multilingual staff
- Express check-out
- Security guard
- 24-hour front desk
- Medical assistance available
- Tour assistance
- Gift shops or newsstand
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Coffee/tea in lobby
- Air-conditioned public areas
- Number of floors - 8
- Self parking (surcharge)
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Wedding services
- Airport transportation
- Parking limited (surcharge)
- Babysitting or childcare
- Number of restaurants - 2
- Free Wi-Fi
Available in some public areas: Free Wi-Fi
Self parking (surcharge), Valet parking (surcharge), Parking garage, Parking limited (surcharge)
- The Room
- Pay movies
- Premium bedding
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Air conditioning
- Complimentary newspaper
- Climate control
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- Coffee/tea maker
- Designer toiletries
- In-room massage available
- Shower/tub combination
- Complimentary toiletries
- Hair dryer
- In-room childcare (surcharge)
- Cable TV service
- Pillowtop mattress
- Iron/ironing board
- Daily housekeeping
- Rollaway/extra beds available
- Cribs/infant beds available
- Flat-panel TV
- The Eats
The Harvest Room - Fine-dining restaurant located on the main floor of the hotel. Open daily for breakfast, lunch, and dinner; breakfast buffet served daily from 6:30 AM until 11 AM Monday through Friday, and from 7 AM until noon on weekends and holidays. A la carte breakfast also available.
The Confederation Lounge - Lounge equipped with outdoor patio and BBQ services (seasonal). Open daily from late morning to late evening; lunch, dinner, and appetizer menu.
24-hour in-room dining - For the ultimate experience in comfort and convenience. Children's menu available.
- Out and About
Enjoy a range of recreational amenities, including a visit to The Fairmont Hotel Macdonald Health Club complete with exercise equipment, an indoor swimming pool, whirlpool, sauna, steam room, and massage therapy services.
Additional features include babysitting/childcare, Smudge a yellow-lab canine ambassador welcoming guests in the lobby, and gift shops/newsstands.
- Golf - driving range nearby
- Golfing nearby
- Skiing - cross-country nearby
- Ice skating nearby
- Snowshoeing nearby
- Tennis nearby
- Running track/path nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Playground nearby
- Swimming on site
To make requests for specific accessibility needs, complete the “Special or Accessibility Requests" section of “Trip Preferences" when you book your hotel.
- Accessible bathroom
- Accessible path of travel
- In-room accessibility
The Fine Print for The Fairmont Hotel Macdonald
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Check-out time is noon
Accepted at this hotel: American Express, Diners Club, Discover, JCB International, MasterCard, Visa
- Pack your pet
- You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
- The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
- Self parking fee: CAD 25 per night (in/out privileges)
- Valet parking fee: CAD 39 per night (in/out privileges)
- Pet fee: CAD 25 per day
Awards & Affiliations
- A Green / Sustainable Property - Third Party CertifiedThis property participates in Green Key Eco-Rating Program, a third-party certification program that has been independently certified. Third-party certification measures the property's impact on one or more of the following: environment, community, cultural-heritage, the local economy. An objective assessment of a company's sustainable tourism practices has been performed at this property by an auditor who is independent of the third-party certification program.