Availability: Grand Hotel Minerva
Please enter your travel dates.
Classic Double Room
Classic Triple Room
- One Double and One Single Bed
Superior Double or Twin Room
- One Double and One Single Bed
Historic hotel with modern feel on central piazza
VIP Access™ Hotel
We carefully hand-picked this hotel based on its dedication to service and excellent guest reviews.
At VIP Access hotels, Expedia Elite Plus© members receive free room upgrades and other perks upon availability at check-in.See details
Dating back to the Middle Ages, this grand residence is one of the oldest hotels in Florence and occupies the charming Santa Maria Novella piazza, 150 metres from the main train station.
During the warmer months, guests can recline on sun loungers and enjoy drinks from the marble-topped bar, accompanied by panoramic views across the city.
Marble and minibars
Modern guestrooms feature distressed wood furniture and come equipped with television, wireless Internet, and minibars; marble-tiled bathrooms include showers and tubs.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!
Renovations & Closures
- The following facilities are closed seasonally each year. They will be closed from 1 October to 14 April:
- Swimming pool
Grand Hotel Minerva Amenities
Between May and September guests can soak up the sun and enjoy the city views from the rooftop solarium. The outdoor pool is open from April to September. Over June and July the terrace also hosts live jazz accompanied by aperitifs. A marble-topped bar is also open over the summer serving a range of drinks and snacks. Alternatively, an American bar is open year-round in the reception area overlooking the piazza.
Facilities for business guests include complimentary wireless Internet access and a complimentary Internet connection point. All hotel guests are also offered discounted access to the facilities at a nearby fitness center.
- Use of nearby fitness center (discount)
- Room service (limited hours)
- Valet parking
- Banquet facilities
- Computer rental
- Multilingual staff
- Total number of rooms - 102
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- 24-hour front desk
- Currency exchange
- Audiovisual equipment
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Number of floors - 6
- Air-conditioned public areas
- Complimentary newspapers in lobby
- Concierge desk
- Internet point
- Rooftop terrace
- Luggage storage
- One meeting/conference room
- Parking limited (surcharge)
- Business center
- Limo or Town Car service available
- Massage - spa treatment room(s)
- Parking (surcharge)
- Picnic area
- Swimming pool - outdoor seasonal
- Business services
- Free breakfast
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Free Wi-Fi
- Secure parking
- Parking garage
- Secretarial services
- Translation services
Available in all rooms: Free Wi-Fi
Available in some public areas: Free Wi-Fi
Parking (surcharge), Secure parking, Valet parking, Parking garage, Parking limited (surcharge)
- Room Amenities
- Pay movies
- Climate control
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- Direct-dial phone
- Voice mail
- Coffee/tea maker
- Wake-up calls
- Daily housekeeping
- Complimentary toiletries
- Hair dryer
- Extra towels/bedding in room
- Makeup/shaving mirror
- Shower/tub combination
- Satellite TV service
- Window opens
- Clock radio
- Trouser press
- Cribs/infant beds available
- Air conditioning
- Complimentary newspaper
- Private bathroom
- In-room safe
- Free Wi-Fi
I Chiostri - Open from April to September, this restaurant serves a range of seasonal Mediterranean and Tuscan dishes and opens out onto a terrace overlooking the piazza for al fresco dining in fine weather. Open for lunch and dinner.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Golfing nearby
- Aerobics nearby
- Bicycle rentals nearby
To make requests for specific accessibility needs, complete the “Special or Accessibility Requests" section of “Trip Preferences" when you book your hotel.
- Accessible bathroom
- Accessible path of travel
- In-room accessibility
- Roll-in shower
Grand Hotel Minerva Policies & Fees
Check-in time starts at 2 PM
- Payment types
Accepted at this hotel: American Express, Diners Club, JCB International, MasterCard, Visa
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
- Unless otherwise indicated, the charges below are not included in the overall room price. If not included in the overall room price, they will be charged by the property at check-in or check-out. Charges can vary, for example, based on length of stay or the room you book. This property told us they will charge you for the following:
We have included all charges provided to us by the property. However, charges can vary, for example, based on length of stay or the room you book.The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- A tax is imposed by the city: EUR 4 per person, per night, up to 7 nights. This tax does not apply to children under 12 years of age.
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
- Self parking fee: EUR 30-40 per day
- Self parking fee for large vehicle: EUR 50 per day
- Additional Details
Cash transactions at this property cannot exceed EUR 999.99, due to national regulations. For further details, please contact the property using information in the booking confirmation.