Availability: Grand Hotel Villa Medici - A SINA HOTEL
Classic Double RoomMax Occupancy: 2 guests (up to 1 child)
Deluxe Double RoomMax Occupancy: 3 guests (up to 2 children, 2 infants)
Double Room Single UseMax Occupancy: 1 guest
Superior Double or Twin RoomMax Occupancy: 3 guests (up to 2 infants)
Junior SuiteMax Occupancy: 3 guests (up to 2 children, 2 infants)
Deluxe Penthouse, TerraceMax Occupancy: 2 guests (up to 1 child, 1 infant)
SuiteMax Occupancy: 3 guests (up to 2 children, 2 infants)
Former palace in Santa Maria Novella area
Near Maria Novella
This, in the antique Florentine style decorated hotel, is three blocks from Santa Maria Novella Church and within one km (a half-mile) of Via Tornabuoni shopping, Ponte Vecchio, and Il Duomo cathedral, as well as close to the business area of Florence.
Swimming pool and garden
The hotel features ornate period decor throughout, a walled garden with outdoor pool, a fitness center with sauna and steam room, and a lobby restaurant and bar.
The 100 individually decorated rooms have period decor with silk wall coverings and floor-length velvet curtains. Carrara-marble bathrooms include robes, slippers, and phones.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!
Grand Hotel Villa Medici - A SINA HOTEL Amenities
Grand Hotel Villa Medici occupies a former noble's palace, three blocks from Santa Maria Novella Church. Public spaces feature ornate decor and period furnishings. Outside, a walled garden encircles a swimming pool. There is also a fitness center onsite with gym, sauna, steam room, and hydro-massage.
Other amenities include a restaurant and piano bar, complimentary wireless Internet access, room service, and childcare services. Meeting and banquet space is available.
A courtesy car to and from key Florence attractions within 1 km of the hotel is available at schedules times. An airport shuttle and parking are available for a surcharge.
- Poolside bar
- Steam room
- Complimentary newspapers in lobby
- Health club
- Limo or Town Car service available
- 24-hour front desk
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Multilingual staff
- Babysitting or childcare
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Coffee/tea in lobby
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Free Wi-Fi
- Designated smoking areas
- Total number of rooms - 100
- Swimming pool - outdoor
- Gift shops or newsstand
- Shopping on site
- Rooftop terrace
- Luggage storage
- Express check-in
- Turkish bath/Hammam
- One meeting room
- Number of floors - 5
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Room service
- Airport transportation (surcharge)
- Swimming pool - children's
- Swimming pool - outdoor seasonal
- Wedding services
- Area shuttle (complimentary)
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
Available in all rooms: Free Wi-Fi
Available in some public areas: Free Wi-Fi
Valet parking (surcharge)
- Room Amenities
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Premium bedding
- Climate control
- Air conditioning
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- Soundproofed rooms
- Daily housekeeping
- Turndown service
- Private bathroom
- Complimentary toiletries
- Hair dryer
- In-room massage available
- In-room childcare (surcharge)
- In-room safe
- Rollaway/extra beds available
- Cribs/infant beds available
- Satellite TV service
- Flat-panel TV
- Free Wi-Fi
- Complimentary newspaper
Lorenzo de Medici - Ground-floor restaurant with gold-and-blue decor serves a lighter Tuscan cuisine and serves lunch and dinner. Open to the general public.
Jockey Bar - Serves breakfast, lunch and dinner. Alcoholic beverages served; tea and coffee also served in summer. Opens to garden and swimming pool.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Golfing nearby
- Bicycle rentals nearby
Grand Hotel Villa Medici - A SINA HOTEL Policies & Fees
Check-in time ends at midnight
Check-in time starts at 2 PM
Check-out time is noon
- Payment types
Accepted at this hotel: American Express, Carte Blanche, Diners Club, Discover, JCB International, MasterCard, Visa
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
- The name on the credit card used at check-in to pay for incidentals must be the primary name on the guestroom reservation.
- Unless otherwise indicated, the charges below are not included in the overall room price. If not included in the overall room price, they will be charged by the property at check-in or check-out. Charges can vary, for example, based on length of stay or the room you book. This property told us they will charge you for the following:
We have included all charges provided to us by the property. However, charges can vary, for example, based on length of stay or the room you book.The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- A tax is imposed by the city: EUR 5 per person, per night, up to 7 nights. This tax does not apply to children under 12 years of age.
- Breakfast fee: EUR 36,3 per person (approximately)
- Airport shuttle fee: EUR 75 per vehicle (one way)
- Self parking fee: EUR 40 per day
- Rollaway bed fee: EUR 93,5 per night
- Additional Details
Cash transactions at this property cannot exceed EUR 999.99, due to national regulations. For further details, please contact the property using information in the booking confirmation.
Awards & Affiliations
- The property is a member of the Leading Hotels of the World.